The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official next gen console topic.

Go down 
+3
Prince Doebler
Strider Zero
justinlynch3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyJune 20th 2013, 8:31 am

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Nice to see them backpedalling on that stupid DRM shit. Now they just have to lower the price and make up for their piss-poor PR, and they might convince me to try it at Best Buy or something.

Zero, maybe we should merge some of these topics? They're starting to get a little cluttered.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyJune 20th 2013, 6:01 pm

Done. I saw that Xbone stopped the online thing and the used game thing. Good for them. I'm still choosing PS4 lol.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyJune 21st 2013, 8:44 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Done. I saw that Xbone stopped the online thing and the used game thing. Good for them. I'm still choosing PS4 lol.
Yea the damage is done.   If we go 2 or 3 years and Microsoft doesn't bring it back, then I might put a little faith back in them and consider a One if it has good exclusives.    But right now it's PS4, no brainer.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 5:51 pm

So, XBONE sold at least a million units in its first 24 hours worldwide. Good for them. However, it looks like PS4 had the most solid regional start, as it sold the same but only in North America. I don't understand why it's going to take so long to go worldwide like XBONE did.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 6:30 pm

I am guessing Xbone wanted to take the world market before Sony PS4 did. Why did the PS4 sold in the US only is beyond me. I am guessing to hype for the Japan and European releases. The US is usually Microsoft's focus since Japan wouldn't want to touch Microsoft with a 20 ft pool and European market is a mix bag. Going to different markets help widespread Microsoft, but Sony's only problem was the US market. Japan will love Sony because of it's roots. I always remind myself that this gen (or well, now last gen), that the Japanese companies got all fucked up in the ass by the more western companies (with the exception being Nintendo) I mean look at the losses of Sony, Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix. Now look at more western companies like Ubisoft, EA, or Activision, all being more dominated.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 6:55 pm

At the very least, PS3 picked up big in its last few years for the US. Apparently enough to win over a million people over upon release for PS4. Maybe it's just the fact that there really aren't many Japanese popular games for a while?
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyNovember 28th 2013, 12:13 am

I find it funny that the Xbox and Sony fanboys usually bitch at the PC fanboys for being "graphic whores who only care about FPS or shit like that" but now these people are bitching about how their graphics are better............

Hypocrisy at it's finest ladies and gent.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 EmptyDecember 13th 2014, 12:14 am

So we're a solid year into the console war and Christmas season is here. PS4 has been the lead runner of the three consoles in terms of sales, but XB1 actually sold more units this past November. When we see December's total sales, I hope we get a good accurate reading of how many units have sold in total for all three consoles. Wiki's dates are very old and I can't seem to find any recent numbers.

Though we can at least compare Wii U's 7.39 Million as of Sept 30 2014 to PS4's 13.5 Million for the same date. I'm assuming XB1 is somewhere in between these numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official next gen console topic.   Official next gen console topic. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official next gen console topic.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3