The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Souls III

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyOctober 20th 2015, 8:12 pm

Let's talk about this beautiful piece. So far, it's looking fantastic. If you haven't played the Souls games before, there is Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II before you get to Dark Souls III. Bloodborne is also made by FromSoftware and apparently will be tied into the Souls universe. Keep in mind, it's not required to play any of the games in any kind of order to understand the game. All of them take place in different regions with separate, standalone stories. They all just sort of, loosely tie into each other timeline wise.

Anyway, here's some footage of some network stress test:

Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Number of posts : 70
Name : Blackchaosdragon
Quote : Total Domination!
Registration date : 2015-05-07

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 9:11 am

Oh yeah this comes out fairly soon doesnt it? I've still gotta play bloodborne first, plus finishing off the first dark souls game. I think i fucked up and killed someone you shouldnt have and lost my motivation lol. Praise the sun and all that nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 12:07 pm

BCD wrote:
Oh yeah this comes out fairly soon doesnt it? I've still gotta play bloodborne first, plus finishing off the first dark souls game. I think i fucked up and killed someone you shouldnt have and lost my motivation lol. Praise the sun and all that nonsense.

Killing Solaire does nothing significant to your game. The only thing you potentially lost out on was him helping you fight the final boss.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 4:58 pm

Strider Zero wrote:

Killing Solaire does nothing significant to your game. The only thing you potentially lost out on was him helping you fight the final boss.

I-Is that right? pale I swear, I read that somewhere you needed him.Embarassed

Thanks for that man, I guess I still have a lot of reading to do on it as I'm still a scub. I'll continue from my normal save instead of restarting it when I get back to it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 6:05 pm

BCD wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

I-Is that right? pale I swear, I read that somewhere you needed him.Embarassed

Thanks for that man, I guess I still have a lot of reading to do on it as I'm still a scub. I'll continue from my normal save instead of restarting it when I get back to it Smile.

No problem. If you want any suggestions just ask and tell me what kind of build you have on your character.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 14th 2016, 10:42 am

Strider Zero wrote:

No problem. If you want any suggestions just ask and tell me what kind of build you have on your character.

Sure Thanks again Smile.

Hmm, I have to check once I get back home (Im at work right now lol) I know for sure that I chose warrior, So i think i may have put a lot into somthing attack based, STR. I think. As opposed to the rest. Thats fine isnt it?

Also about Dark souls 2, been thinking about it for a while now but heard some mixed stuff about it. Would you reccomend it?

Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 14th 2016, 11:33 am

BCD wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Sure Thanks again Smile.

Hmm, I have to check once I get back home (Im at work right now  lol) I know for sure that I chose warrior, So i think i may have put a lot into somthing attack based, STR. I think. As opposed to the rest. Thats fine isnt it?

Also about Dark souls 2, been thinking about it for a while now but heard some mixed stuff about it. Would you reccomend it?

Strength builds are my favorite in DS1, so yeah that's fine lol. Just make sure you get a weapon with a high strength bonus like greatswords, axes or the Great Club, which is in blighttown. The Great Club, when upgraded to the max, has some ridiculous power behind it. Also the Man Serpant Greatsword from the enemies in Sen's Fortress ends up with an amazing bonus.

Dark Souls 2 is also a great game, though I prefer the first one. I would recommend it highly.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 15th 2016, 5:02 pm

Strider Zero wrote:

Strength builds are my favorite in DS1, so yeah that's fine lol. Just make sure you get a weapon with a high strength bonus like greatswords, axes or the Great Club, which is in blighttown. The Great Club, when upgraded to the max, has some ridiculous power behind it. Also the Man Serpant Greatsword from the enemies in Sen's Fortress ends up with an amazing bonus.

Dark Souls 2 is also a great game, though I prefer the first one. I would recommend it highly.

Thats really good to know Smile I really appreciate the Info. I'll Try em both out as I was just sticking to the sword/spear.

After I've finished up with Troy. I'll be aiming to do this completely..hopefully..

Cool I'll pick that up too. It'll probably be a short while before I can even start it, depending on what am also doing at the time/never ending backlog.

Let us know how you find DS3 too Smile.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 15th 2016, 5:17 pm

Unfortunately, I don't really have the money to spare to buy a PS4 so no DS3 for me for a while. Which also means I haven't been able to play Bloodborne either.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 17th 2016, 4:43 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't really have the money to spare to buy a PS4 so no DS3 for me for a while. Which also means I haven't been able to play Bloodborne either.

Ah, Well when you have the extra cash you should get one Or an Xbox one Of course theres no rush either. So no worries.

Anyways I'll post here when I continue onward or get stuck. Assumably i dont play online, due to may be invaded?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 12:33 am

It depends on what kind of experience you're going for. If you just want to get through the game, then yeah play offline. Playing online does give the game a different kind of experience, which can be good or bad depending on your preference. If you're worried about invasions, just play offline. I did a few files where I exclusively left myself open to invasions, but whenever I play nowadays, it's offline unless I'm co-oping with someone.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 5:27 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
It depends on what kind of experience you're going for. If you just want to get through the game, then yeah play offline. Playing online does give the game a different kind of experience, which can be good or bad depending on your preference. If you're worried about invasions, just play offline. I did a few files where I exclusively left myself open to invasions, but whenever I play nowadays, it's offline unless I'm co-oping with someone.

This is good to know. Personally I would have jumped between the two but Yeah, okay. Sadly time is against me. So offline it is then.
Though I wish the first few souls games had Bloodbornes system of being invaded only when you want to, using an item. At least that way your ready somewhat.

Though we should probably rename this thread Souls series since i ended up deviating the topic lol
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 31st 2016, 8:52 am

Those four king(s) were a bunch of bastards. More like really cheap especially that homing magic and wide range explosion?
I never knew you can fall down further the abyss and die with the ring equiped. Thats wonderful... *sigh* I finally killed him too.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMarch 31st 2016, 10:04 am

For as annoying as Four Kings are, you can actually cheese that boss a bit and only get two or three kings. If you keep attacking it after it dies, you can still deal damage to the boss overall until the king disappears.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 1st 2016, 3:35 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
For as annoying as Four Kings are, you can actually cheese that boss a bit and only get two or three kings. If you keep attacking it after it dies, you can still deal damage to the boss overall until the king disappears.

Yeah, I did just that. Although I still feel somwhat frustrated I have to face him again in NG+ lol. His counterparts Nito and Seath were much easier than I thought.
The Dark sun was more of a dodging game rather than a battle ha.
Just one more left.

Then its the Lord of Cinder? I think?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 2nd 2016, 2:03 am

BCD wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Yeah, I did just that. Although I still feel somwhat frustrated I have to face him again in NG+ lol. His counterparts Nito and Seath were much easier than I thought.
The Dark sun was more of a dodging game rather than a battle ha.
Just one more left.

Then its the Lord of Cinder? I think?

As long as you did Bed of Chaos, then yes you have the final boss.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 2nd 2016, 3:41 pm

Strider Zero wrote:

As long as you did Bed of Chaos, then yes you have the final boss.

Killed Him...It...Her Today. In just one strike. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad lol.

Before I finish up, I'll slab farm a little as that onion guy got killed I missed my chance to get his slabs. Its no problem I would assume, Just gotta equip the gold coventus ring with some humanity and see how that fares.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 6th 2016, 8:52 am

A little update. On my second playthrough, pretty much breezing through it. The only hickup I had was against Onstein and Smogh, having to kill Onstein last was troublsome, moreso than i suspected. Anyways now that thats said and done, gotta finish up the remainder of the game and move on to the last playthrough
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 6th 2016, 8:56 am

I assume that "to link the fire end" Is cannon and that DS3 is its continuation. Im going to add I was hoping for somthing a bit more grandiose from that end. As always i end up expecting too much.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 7th 2016, 3:45 pm

....Finished. Personally I never thought I had what it took.
Completion time acording to psntl, Is 2yrs 10m. Right on to the remainder of the backlog Smile.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyApril 8th 2016, 12:22 am

BCD wrote:
I assume that "to link the fire end" Is cannon and that DS3 is its continuation. Im going to add I was hoping for somthing a bit more grandiose from that end. As always i end up expecting too much.

Well, there's no direct continuations, but yes that ending is canon. That directly influences the events of DKS2 though.
Back to top Go down
BCD
Citizen
Citizen
BCD

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III EmptyMay 14th 2016, 3:23 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
BCD wrote:

Well, there's no direct continuations, but yes that ending is canon. That directly influences the events of DKS2 though.

Good to know. I'll try and do Souls 2 as soon as I can,
But First I'll Tackle Demons souls may as well go right back to the origin.

These I found quite funny lol Might have spoilers I dunno.
http://www.gamesradar.com/9-dark-souls-3-gifs-where-players-get-shut-the-fck-down/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Souls III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls III   Dark Souls III Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls III
Page 1 of 1