The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Activism a Source of Evil?

Go down 
+4
Ryu
????
Dr. Sage
Prince Doebler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Is Activism a Source of Evil? Empty
PostSubject: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 2:03 am

Yeah, most of you what sparked this question.

I'm not really asking for concrete answers, but I am looking for some thoughts, one way or the other.

Personally, I'm an advocate for activism, even when I don't agree with what the people are rallying for. I think it's a cool thing when people rally for a common belief.

Thoughts are welcome, but keep it mature.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 2:29 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
I think it's a cool thing when people rally for a common belief.

I second that. I mean people should be able to at least fight what they believe in. They'd like support for their belief from others who believe in what they're fighting for.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 3:27 am

As long as people don't go too fucking crazy about it, then I would let it be.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 10:08 am

Activism is ok. It can be a cool thing when it's not creating total chaos. Some activists can get annoying as shit, though, when they try to force things on you.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 1:50 pm

Empirewild wrote:
As long as people don't go too fucking crazy about it, then I would let it be.

Ryu wrote:
Activism is ok. It can be a cool thing when it's not creating total chaos. Some activists can get annoying as shit, though, when they try to force things on you.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I think activism is a good thing as long as that line is not crossed. Parade your ideals, I say. Political movements or, dare I say, the US Revolution?

It just fries me to see people take things like that for granted. *Cough*
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 5:38 pm

There is a huge loss of patriotism in the U.S these days. As a whole, people in the U.S don't give a shit about their country unless they're going to be affected by it in a negative way. Personally, I love America despite its obvious flaws. So activists in that area I do appreciate.

Other activist activity like promoting black power, white power, etc. I do not support. Many black people are still sore from the whole slavery thing and the Jim Crow Laws. You guys realize, the reason that the majority of people in ghettos are latino and black are because the put themselves there. A lot of ghettos were established in the 1900s to promote black power and other racial power. They wanted to discriminate themselves really.

There are also a lot of union activists that really go overboard with trying to shut down places and such. Activism is split between me, really. I usually can't 100% agree with any popular worldly idea.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 6:20 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
There is a huge loss of patriotism in the U.S these days. As a whole, people in the U.S don't give a shit about their country unless they're going to be affected by it in a negative way. Personally, I love America despite its obvious flaws. So activists in that area I do appreciate.

Other activist activity like promoting black power, white power, etc. I do not support. Many black people are still sore from the whole slavery thing and the Jim Crow Laws. You guys realize, the reason that the majority of people in ghettos are latino and black are because the put themselves there. A lot of ghettos were established in the 1900s to promote black power and other racial power. They wanted to discriminate themselves really.

There are also a lot of union activists that really go overboard with trying to shut down places and such. Activism is split between me, really. I usually can't 100% agree with any popular worldly idea.

Love what you said Zero. I agree.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 10:08 pm

I'm a fan of activism. Activism is why American exist, it's why we have the 20th amendment, it's why America functions. Activism is an excellent way to reveal your thoughts on a situation and let people know that you're serious about his issue.

@Strider Pent: I'm sure there are some patriotism left in America. People are constantly rallying up against Barack Obama's and Congress's actions because they want to change America for the better. Remember the Tea Party boycott back in April, 2009?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 10:48 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
I'm a fan of activism. Activism is why American exist, it's why we have the 20th amendment, it's why America functions. Activism is an excellent way to reveal your thoughts on a situation and let people know that you're serious about his issue.

@Strider Pent: I'm sure there are some patriotism left in America. People are constantly rallying up against Barack Obama's and Congress's actions because they want to change America for the better. Remember the Tea Party boycott back in April, 2009?

Excellent point you bring up about the 20th amendment and such. However, the Obama stuff is mainly convenience issues and not patriotism.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 11:07 pm

Strider Pent wrote:

Excellent point you bring up about the 20th amendment and such. However, the Obama stuff is mainly convenience issues and not patriotism.

I'll meet you halfway on the comment of patriotism. I'm a right-wing conservative and am highly against Obama, but I will agree that it is not patriotism. I don't view it as a convenience issue either. I think it's just a bunch of people who rallied against Obama for issues such as his health care reform.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 5:35 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
Strider Pent wrote:

I'll meet you halfway on the comment of patriotism. I'm a right-wing conservative and am highly against Obama, but I will agree that it is not patriotism. I don't view it as a convenience issue either. I think it's just a bunch of people who rallied against Obama for issues such as his health care reform.

Well sure, not everyone is concerned the same way. Still, a lot of convenience issues have provoked the American public into swinging partially Republican this mid term. America has become very fickle in that we wanted change so bad two years ago, but now we're saying "back off" to Obama.

This is why I'm an independent. I can't stand how ignorant these two parties have become towards each other. Even as a right-wing or left-wing, you'd have to agree with me on this fact.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 5:36 pm

Without Activism, there would be no America PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 7:19 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Without Activism, there would be no America PERIOD.

This.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 24th 2010, 7:48 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
right-wing conservative

Those are the worst.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 7:56 am

Kaio wrote:
Prince Doebler wrote:
right-wing conservative

Those are the worst.

I'd say something snide, but I'm not going to bring myself to that site's level.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 2:10 pm

Kaio wrote:
Prince Doebler wrote:
right-wing conservative

Those are the worst.

They are just as bad as a left-wing liberal.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 7:45 pm

Ryu wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Prince Doebler wrote:
right-wing conservative

Those are the worst.

They are just as bad as a left-wing liberal.

Thank you, Ryu.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 25th 2010, 8:11 pm

Last time I checked Scandinava was pretty bitchin' where everybody accepted each other, so that's obviously not true.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? EmptyNovember 26th 2010, 3:37 pm

That's Scandinavia. In America, both parties are equally ignorant of each other, shooting down each other's ideas without a second look. And we can't forget Jamaica who only likes Obama because he's black and because he's a liberal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Activism a Source of Evil?   Is Activism a Source of Evil? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Activism a Source of Evil?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: The Debate Forum-
Jump to: