The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED

Go down 
+6
justinlynch3
bobbert33
Dr. Sage
????
Raz
Prince Doebler
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 17th 2011, 6:23 pm

I had it picked early on. And you missed the girl, she was also annoying. As was the magician.

Get back in your box, EW. The big boys are having a discussion.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 17th 2011, 6:34 pm

Max wasn't annoying I thought. Yes, Regina was as well, so was Victor, the Chef and Maggey. I just personally think it's a lot better than what people make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 17th 2011, 7:32 pm

You're allowed to think that. But it's still abysmal.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 17th 2011, 7:41 pm

The big boys, How about the big men are talking here Raz, not get back to your cage.

Anyway, I never was a fan of Ace attorney series, hell, I never played a single game and the reason is that these types of games are too fucking short.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 17th 2011, 11:30 pm

Wow, this got off chain.

Moving on with Final Fantasy, sticking to the main series only.

BEST: Final Fantasy VI (PSX)
Come on, you saw this coming from me. I love everything about FFVI. The music, the graphics, the characters; it's just a phenomenal game. I chose the PSX version because in spite of loading times, bugs were fixed in this version. Sure, the GBA versions may have translations truer to the original Japanese version, but my biggest gripe is that the sound and music was butchered on those ports.

WORST: Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
The story, the characters, and the game play are about as deep as a wading pool, if that. It had some moments that were good, but in general, I just didn't walk away from it satisfied. It ultimately failed all expectations.

OVERRATED: Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Again, OVERRATED DOES NOT EQUAL BAD! That said, I didn't catch the big excitement from this game like others did. I just think that others were much better.

UNDERRATED: Final Fantasy VIII (PSX)
I know why people hate this game as much as they do. But I still like it anyway. Granted, it's not in my top five, but I just don't think it deserves as much hate as it gets. The graphics were ahead of its time, the music was really good, and the story was at least decent.

There you go.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 24th 2011, 8:50 pm

I think I'll do the Metroid series now, since I'm such a huge fan of their games.

BEST: Super Metroid (SNES)
What's there to say about this game? Metroid at its finest. Great action, awesome music, a beautiful environment, fun exploration; this is the epitome of the series.

WORST: Metroid Prime Hunters (DS)
I was not a huge fan of this game. Much of it was spent hunting down other bounty hunters, and the exploration element here was practically ruined. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't nearly up to par with the rest of the series.

OVERRATED: Metroid Prime (GCN)
I remember when Metroid was announced to be a first-person shooter on Samus's GameCube debut. Everyone was saying how much it was going to suck, and they said they got their socks blown off. I thought it was going to be at least decent, and that's about as far as it went for me. It was fun, but it didn't blow me away as much as it did everyone else.

Some time ago, I might have given the following position to Metroid II for the Gameboy, solely because it isn't given as much praise by everyone, and has not had a remake announced for it. Nowadays, I think that there is a game much more deserving of this slot...

UNDERRATED: Metroid: Other M (Wii)
I simply do not see why people hate this game as much as they do. I enjoyed this game a lot, and was absolutely stunned at how many people complained about this game. They hated the portrayal of Samus, despite the fact that it ties in much better with the manga released in 2002. I had no huge gripes with the gameplay, the orchestrated soundtrack was phenomenal, and the game was just all-around fun.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2011, 9:42 pm

I'll do it for Mario. This does not include the Mario Party games.

Best: Paper Mario (N64)

This game featured the greatest story in Mario history and housed a great RPG aspect to it with great music. This stomps Super Mario RPG by a long shot.

Worst: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

I can't say I've played any bad Mario games, but this has to be my least favorite of the ones I've played. It was fun and all, but the appeal just wasn't there. I'd put the Mario Party games below this, but it doesn't really count.

Overrated: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)/Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Both these games get far too much praise than they're worth. Super Mario RPG is stomped by Paper Mario and yet it is sometimes regarded as the best. Super Mario Galaxy got so much praise and lavish from critics when it wasn't even that good.

Underrated: Super Mario World (SNES)

This game gets a good amount of praise, but this game really was amazing and very under appreciated. That's about it for what I have to say about this.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2011, 11:31 pm

I'll do GTA.

Best: I have to go with SA. This game had really enjoyable missions and a lot of variety. It had memorable characters and great music. To this day I am still playing this game regularly.

Worst: GTA VCS hands down. The story was like a soap opera mainly focusing on you basically protecting some redneck ho from her abusive boyfriend. The ENTIRE story is a god damn joke. To be honest, the game play wasn't as good as reviewers made it sound too. Even though the combat system is better, it still has it's flaws. The missions in this game are just plain boring, and long. I don't want to get into too much but this game is definitely to me the worst GTA game. It's not a terrible game and certainly has it's good points but when compared to SA or even Liberty City Stories this game can easily be called the worst.

Overrated: GTA IV. This game is a VERY great game but it is REALLY overrated. I think people give it so much credit just because of the graphics. The missions are basically the same. Really you are in shooting missions or those annoying car/bike/boat and other vehicle chasing missions. The game throws out interesting missions here and there but majority of them are the ones that were listed. Don't get me wrong though this game is fucking awesome.

Underrated: GTA LBS. This is EXTREMELY underrated. It's not the best GTA game but it certainly deserves more attention than it gets. The game had a good story, the missions had some type of variety and like any GTA game, it has a lot to do in it. While graphically it isn't that great when compared to VCS (Or any GTA game other than GTA 1,2, advanced, and CTW) game play wise if you ask me it kicks VCS ass.

I've said everything I've needed to say. I'll probably have another one up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptySeptember 10th 2011, 11:06 pm

I think I'll respond to Strider's Mario list, not including Mario Party.

BEST: Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
[sarcasm]Oh my God, what a unique choice.[/sarcasm] In all seriousness, though, this game is amazing. Best platforming and level design, introduction of flight for Mario, etc. Though, I will say that barring a few exceptions, the music was kind of forgettable. (Airship theme FTW)

WORST: Mario Kart 64
Now this might be an interesting choice for the most part, but I'm going to go on the record and say that this entry in the Mario Kart series SUCKED ASS!!! Choppy frame-rates, loss of music when 3 or more players are playing multiplayer, and relatively bad tracks (64 Rainbow Road FTL). Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA) is hot on this game's heels, too.

OVERRATED: Super Mario 64
Yeah, a lot of you saw this one coming. As amazing as this game was in its time, it was also too far ahead of its time. Crappy cameras, primitive graphics and displays... But I will say that the DS port of the game is a very nice remake.

UNDERRATED: Super Mario Bros. 2 USA/Doki Doki Panic (NES)
Relabeling a game as Super Mario Bros. 2 makes the game a big lie and has scarred you for life? Get over yourself. Seriously.

Last edited by Prince Doebler on October 23rd 2011, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyOctober 12th 2011, 12:34 am

I'll do Fire Emblem because I can't believe I haven't already done so.

Best: Fire Emblem (GBA)
This game had the best of just about every aspect. The best array of characters, the best story, the best class system, the best item/weapon system and the best OST.

Worst: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
This is not a bad game by any means. But for Fire Emblem's standards, it has the lowest quality of them.

Overrated: Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals/Fire Emblem 4
Great games but get too much hype for what they are worth.

Underrated: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
This is a lot of hate because "It's too easy", but really it's better than most FEs and harder than Path of Radiance.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 5:07 pm

Edited my Mario post so I can do the Mario RPGs in their own category.

BEST: Paper Mario & The Thousand-Year Door (GCN) Easily my favorite out of the group. Best game play, sweet music, slick graphics, etc. Storywise, I think this & the 64 game are neck-and-neck, but I'd have to give the edge to this game, simply because it had a nice touch of humor to it that the original Paper Mario lacked.

WORST: Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time (DS) The mechanics in this game are so broken, it's not even funny. You can easily get infinite amounts of Bros. items, making the game a huge bore. Problem is, at the same time, a lot of the enemies take forever if you don't use the items. Thankfully, most of those elements were fixed in Bowser's Inside Story.

OVERRATED: Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) Don't get me wrong. I love this game to death. But I don't think it's that great. Squaresoft started something great with this, but Nintendo took the concept for themselves and owned it completely.

UNDERRATED: Super Paper Mario (Wii)
I know why people don't like this game, but I love it. It's not the same style as its predecessors, but it works. Though I am looking forward to the Paper Mario on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 7:24 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:

OVERRATED: Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) Don't get me wrong. I love this game to death. But I don't think it's that great. Squaresoft started something great with this, but Nintendo took the concept for themselves and owned it completely.
Like how Disney did with KH? Anyways Legend of the Seven Stars WAS the best IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED   BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BEST, WORST, OVERRATED, UNDERRATED
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: