A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!
 
HomePortal*FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   February 23rd 2011, 12:22 am

Kaio wrote:
It actually consists solely of new worlds.

This FUCK YOU was brought to you by Square-Enix. Votes as the second most trustworthy game publisher by the intelligent people of GameFAQs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4247

Lol wow fail. Square is one of the least reliable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 26
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   February 23rd 2011, 9:58 am

Kaio wrote:
It actually consists solely of new worlds.

This FUCK YOU was brought to you by Square-Enix. Votes as the second most trustworthy game publisher by the intelligent people of GameFAQs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4247

Quote :
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

...You have to be shitting me. Maybe it'll turn out to have some cool meaning, you know like three fifty...oh no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   March 2nd 2011, 7:43 pm

More news on the 3DS has been released.
All the info is coming from the GDC conference. Nintendolife made the news articles.

AT&T is providing access to over 10.000 wireless hotspots in North America:
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/atandt_grants_3ds_owners_free_access_to_10000_hotspots

Nintendo also announced that they are making a New 3DS Mario Game. For the virtual handheld, Game Gear and Turbo-Grafx 16 games will make it to the service. Also, It was found out that Netflix will be available in may when the eShop is released. It hasn't been said that it will include 3D support but it will more than likely will. For the Zelda fans, it was announced that the 3DS Ocarina of Time remake will be released sometime in June this year but they haven't said for which region. Keep your fingers crossed that it's yours.

You can watch the entire GDC conference here. We are getting closer to the north american launch of the 3DS and we even found out the Launch List for all regions. (The link has the U.S. list) I doubt there will be more big info like this so does these updates change your mind about buying it on launch, or will you still wait after may for your 3DS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   March 2nd 2011, 8:13 pm

I still won't buy it this year at the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 5th 2011, 8:23 pm

I just tried this out at Gamestop today with street fighter IV. From the time I played the 3DS it didn't have certain things flying at you like a 3D movie but it added plenty of depth to it. It doesn't seem like much but once you experience it you'll see that it's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 26
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 6th 2011, 9:02 am

I might go to Gamestop sometime today to check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 262
Age : 27
Location : Maine
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 7th 2011, 10:48 am

I got the 3DS, and it's pretty cool. Battery life is a joke, but knowing Nintendo, they'll re release it smaller and have a better battery life. I got Super Street Fighter 4 and it's not too bad. The 3D isn't as gimmicky or cheesy as I thought it would be. Perhaps more games will take advantage of the 3DS's 3D technology but hey, it just got released. Let's give it a little time to get it's feet wet, then hope that the 3DS will appeal to everyone soon (price drop would be nice).

I also forgot to mention that the AR Cards are amazing! Did not see that coming from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 7th 2011, 4:25 pm

Dr. Sage wrote:
I also forgot to mention that the AR Cards are amazing! Did not see that coming from Nintendo.
That's what I wanted to try out but I couldn't because it was just a demo system I was using. I'll be at my cousins tomorrow and he has one so I'll try it out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 7th 2011, 7:43 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2138
Age : 25
Location : Missouri
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 22nd 2011, 8:12 pm

I got my 3DS on launch I preordered the first day you could on Amazon. Got the Aqua Blue system and currently 6 games pretty decent so far but am really looking forward to Dead or alive:Dimensions in May and Ocarina of Time 3D and RE:Mercenaries 3D in June along with KH: Dream Drop Distance in the future of course! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 22nd 2011, 10:32 pm

I played Super Street Fighter IV demo at Gamestop. It was pretty ok, although I heavily prefer the PS3 version as expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 24th 2011, 1:39 pm

During the interview miyamoto had with Edge, Miyamoto revealed that Super Mario 3DS is "a cross between Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64" and that "the eagerly anticipated title will be out this year".

Also on the same site in a different article, Miyamoto started talking about Zelda and how he would like to create another remake on a Zelda classic. Here's the part of the article where he talks about Zelda:

"With an Ocarina Of Time remake on the way in June, Miyamoto says the one game he would most like to see remade for 3DS would be another Zelda classic. “I think A Link To The Past,” he says. “Do you remember Xevious? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”"

Some of you may be happy to know that there is going to be a new Megaman for the 3DS eShop called Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Version which is a watered down version of the retail version. and that Flipnote Studio 3D is being worked on. Coming straight from Miyamoto is:

- It's free

- Available through eShop

- Wants Flipnotes to be exchangeble to friends

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/26052/ (Flipnote Studio 3D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zDwaVG1kM&feature=player_embedded (Megaman Legends 3 gameplay video)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1457
Age : 28
Location : Indiana
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 26th 2011, 5:01 pm

*Finds out the Paper Mario entry will be a new game*

Phew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 202
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   April 26th 2011, 11:44 pm

I loved Flipnote on DSiWare. Will be one of the first games I get with my 3DS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 10th 2011, 8:52 pm

There's a rumor going around saying that there may be a 3DS developer conference soon. Hope it's true because Nintendo isn't doing well with the 3DS now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429801

Also, a 5 minute gameplay video of Dead or Alive Dimensions is out. Plus the release date for the new Resident Evil game on the 3DS has been revealed in this video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2601
Location : Yraall Region
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 10th 2011, 11:49 pm

3DS can suck my nuggets. Nintendo is out of control with their handhelds.

_________________

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 262
Age : 27
Location : Maine
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 11th 2011, 1:13 am

m21out wrote:
There's a rumor going around saying that there may be a 3DS developer conference soon. Hope it's true because Nintendo isn't doing well with the 3DS now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429801

Also, a 5 minute gameplay video of Dead or Alive Dimensions is out. Plus the release date for the new Resident Evil game on the 3DS has been revealed in this video.

The 3DS is just having a rough start. Even if it didn't have 3D capabilities, the technology is still amazing nonetheless. It beats the DSi any day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 11th 2011, 9:01 am

The fact that it can play graphics like SSFIV is amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 11th 2011, 9:17 pm

Dr. Sage wrote:
m21out wrote:
There's a rumor going around saying that there may be a 3DS developer conference soon. Hope it's true because Nintendo isn't doing well with the 3DS now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429801

Also, a 5 minute gameplay video of Dead or Alive Dimensions is out. Plus the release date for the new Resident Evil game on the 3DS has been revealed in this video.

The 3DS is just having a rough start. Even if it didn't have 3D capabilities, the technology is still amazing nonetheless. It beats the DSi any day.
I honestly think the rough start happened because Nintendo put the console on the market too early. The launch line up is crap, and the eShop has been delayed. I hope every things straightened out soon or the NGP might rob some potential 3DS buyers, like me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2138
Age : 25
Location : Missouri
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 11th 2011, 11:53 pm

m21out wrote:
Dr. Sage wrote:
m21out wrote:
There's a rumor going around saying that there may be a 3DS developer conference soon. Hope it's true because Nintendo isn't doing well with the 3DS now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429801

Also, a 5 minute gameplay video of Dead or Alive Dimensions is out. Plus the release date for the new Resident Evil game on the 3DS has been revealed in this video.

The 3DS is just having a rough start. Even if it didn't have 3D capabilities, the technology is still amazing nonetheless. It beats the DSi any day.
I honestly think the rough start happened because Nintendo put the console on the market too early. The launch line up is crap, and the eShop has been delayed. I hope every things straightened out soon or the NGP might rob some potential 3DS buyers, like me.
The DS didn't have a great launch either......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 202
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 12th 2011, 8:00 pm

@MulderYuffie: Good point there. Having seen the launch line-up for consoles, launch line-up games are not good indication of the overall quality of the console's software line-up. PlayStation 2's line-up was relatively weak with the exception of SSX and it is considered among the greatest video game consoles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 12th 2011, 8:16 pm

Too many ports on 3DS, that's why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 265
Age : 25
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   May 12th 2011, 8:29 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
m21out wrote:
Dr. Sage wrote:
m21out wrote:
There's a rumor going around saying that there may be a 3DS developer conference soon. Hope it's true because Nintendo isn't doing well with the 3DS now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429801

Also, a 5 minute gameplay video of Dead or Alive Dimensions is out. Plus the release date for the new Resident Evil game on the 3DS has been revealed in this video.

The 3DS is just having a rough start. Even if it didn't have 3D capabilities, the technology is still amazing nonetheless. It beats the DSi any day.
I honestly think the rough start happened because Nintendo put the console on the market too early. The launch line up is crap, and the eShop has been delayed. I hope every things straightened out soon or the NGP might rob some potential 3DS buyers, like me.
The DS didn't have a great launch either......
Yeah you're right but I still believe the console was rushed. Most of the features aren't even ready. Like I said, I hope everything is straightened out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1457
Age : 28
Location : Indiana
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   September 5th 2011, 8:51 pm

Price recently went down to $169, but I still don't plan on buying one soon, at least until the crappy battery is fixed. I had enough of those issues with my Droid 2. >.<' Also, I want a new Zelda game released on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9214
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   September 5th 2011, 8:55 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
Price recently went down to $169, but I still don't plan on buying one soon, at least until the crappy battery is fixed. I had enough of those issues with my Droid 2. >.<' Also, I want a new Zelda game released on it.

As long as it's not a main game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Nintendo 3DS info/discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Wrestling Discussion Thread
» Discussion: Shion Uzuki
» Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread
» Conan Exiles - Official Discussion Thread
» ISCC Meeting 3 - Discussion Thread - Suzuka

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: