The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Generations

Go down 
+9
MulderYuffie
Prince Doebler
m21out
????
Limelight788
God
Dr. Sage
Ryu
Strider Zero
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 24th 2011, 12:06 am

The 20th anniversary game for Sonic. I'm liking what they're doing so far.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 24th 2011, 12:45 am

I saw this a bit earlier. Hopefully it will be good.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 26th 2011, 2:47 pm

If the game play is smooth and the story is decent, then I hope this will be better than Sonic's 15th anniversary.

And you know, I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be a cash-in and it's going to have broken controls. It looks better than Sonic 4 did (because with Sonic 4, all you could see was Sonic taking up almost the entire screen and giving no time to react).
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 26th 2011, 2:50 pm

I'm sure the mechanics will be better than Sonic 4. Also the Unleashed gameplay looks awesome in this too.
Back to top Go down
God
Citizen
Citizen
God

Number of posts : 57
Name : I am that I am
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 26th 2011, 11:34 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
I'm sure the mechanics will be better than Sonic 4. Also the Unleashed gameplay looks awesome in this too.

Especially since it's constantly reused(first it was produced for Unleashed, then updated for Colors and now again it's being reused here). It's good that Sega's being smart and realizing that if they're going to release a game that's being developed in the span of a year, it's best to build up from already developed mechanics, engines, etc.

That's why those games during the mid '00s were so half-assed, because they were constantly built from the ground up and worked on for such short periods of time since Sega kept release each new game annually(not because they were 3D instead of the classic side-scrolling like moronic hardcore fans constantly claim).
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 26th 2011, 11:48 pm

If the reviews of Sonic Colors indicate anything, it's that this could be a great game, that is, if Sega puts forth the absolute best effort possible into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 27th 2011, 2:06 am

God wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Especially since it's constantly reused(first it was produced for Unleashed, then updated for Colors and now again it's being reused here). It's good that Sega's being smart and realizing that if they're going to release a game that's being developed in the span of a year, it's best to build up from already developed mechanics, engines, etc.

That's why those games during the mid '00s were so half-assed, because they were constantly built from the ground up and worked on for such short periods of time since Sega kept release each new game annually(not because they were 3D instead of the classic side-scrolling like moronic hardcore fans constantly claim).

I agree. After Heroes they started to really suck until recently.
Back to top Go down
God
Citizen
Citizen
God

Number of posts : 57
Name : I am that I am
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 27th 2011, 2:55 am

Strider Zero wrote:
God wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

It's just a pity the fanbase was so dumb that they constantly blamed their suckiness on the fact that they were 3D instead of side-scrollers, which is obviously fucking retarded and the actual cause of their issues was what I stated before, short as hell production times.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyApril 27th 2011, 12:28 pm

God wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
God wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

It's just a pity the fanbase was so dumb that they constantly blamed their suckiness on the fact that they were 3D instead of side-scrollers, which is obviously fucking retarded and the actual cause of their issues was what I stated before, short as hell production times.

Yeah, that's true. Sonic Adventure came out in 1999 and they spent two years on Sonic Adventure 2 and look how that turned out. (IMO) The best Sonic game ever. Although Heroes wasn't amazing, they put enough time into it to make it pretty good. Not even all the side scrollers were great either.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 11th 2011, 10:35 pm

Fucking right! City Escape ftw.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 11th 2011, 11:40 pm

Amazing, but how will Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic work? Are they 2 different people, is the past one younger? I still haven't found out.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 11th 2011, 11:48 pm

I don't think it's a story.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 12th 2011, 11:08 am

I'd been cool to have past tails follow you in some of past sonic levels like in Sonic 2 and 3 and in some modern sonic levels you switch with other characters (Tails, Knuckles, Shadow for example) for a little bit. Just not in all levels and don't have the characters move super slow.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 12th 2011, 11:15 am

That would be cool. I think it's just gonna be Sonic for this game though. The only thing that would make this game skyrocket in awesomeness is if they have a Dreamcast Sonic option with Ryan Drummond's voice and SA2's gameplay style.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 12th 2011, 12:44 pm

I wonder why there isn't a SA3 yet. You think they would make a sequel to the best 3D sonic game.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 23rd 2011, 12:15 pm

Just played the demo for this game. It's only a demo of Classic Sonic in Green Hill Zone, and the visuals are amazing. They did more than upgrade the graphics.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 23rd 2011, 1:00 pm

I'll try out the demo.

Last edited by m21out on June 23rd 2011, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 23rd 2011, 1:45 pm

I'll get to downloading the demo soon.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 24th 2011, 2:38 pm

Demo was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJune 25th 2011, 3:01 pm

I was impressed. I wish we could have gotten to play as Modern Sonic but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptyJuly 10th 2011, 9:50 pm

This made my day man. Although I don't quite understand the autotune in the second verse. That was kinda dumb. Otherwise, this is awesome. The main menu is also the main menu theme from Sonic Heroes. I am pumped for this.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptySeptember 15th 2011, 5:34 am

New Sonic Generations trailer with Sky Sanctuary
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/sky-sanctuary-revealed-in-new-sonic-generations-trailer/
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptySeptember 15th 2011, 3:08 pm

That's pretty awesome. Also, we haven't seen Metal Sonic in a while.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptySeptember 16th 2011, 3:22 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/video.html?sid=6334986&category=highlights&tag=top_stories%3Bplay_btn%3B6

Sonic Generations Interview
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations EmptySeptember 16th 2011, 3:58 pm

This will be the best Sonic game since Heroes probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sonic Generations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Generations
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next