The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I proceed with this fanfiction?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

Should I proceed with this fanfiction? Empty
PostSubject: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 17th 2011, 10:57 pm

(Just want to say this first: I do NOT believe that a person took over the video game universe for a single millisecond and was made into the universe called "Reality", I am simply using it as a plot point in my story, it does not reflect my opinion on how the universe was created)

For awhile, I've been toying around with an idea for a fanfiction and it's been in my head non-stop. This fanfiction is called Stardust Warriors.

This is a cross-over between Dragon Ball characters and characters from many video game universes, but especially from Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid, Mega Man, Kirby, and Earthbound, the six mentioned series will play major roles throughout the entire series. Characters from other video games (And one anime) series will appear, but I will refrain from mentioning them until they appear in a "episode" (Which is my way of saying chapters). Some of these may play an important role later on, but a lot of them will be secondary/tertiary characters. There will be original characters and an original major villain (There will be other original villains as well), but the majority of the major characters will be from video game/anime, protagonists and antagonists. As of the first saga, I plan to have thirty characters play a major role in at least the first Saga. Considering that this suppose to be a large crossover, it can't be that large.

For those who don't know, the Stardust Warriors are a group of super heroes from the video game universe from heroes that possess exceptional talents in being a hero and uses them to fight super villains crimes on the universe. The six series with characters representing it are Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid, Mega Man, Kirby, and Earthbound, but later on, after awhile, characters from the Dragon Ball universe are later accepted into the group.

In my story, there are three universes represented, Reality, Anime, and Video Game. Anime is where the Dragon Ball characters live along with other anime characters, although only two anime series will be represented since a lot of the focus will be on the video game universe (On the contrary, it'll receive the least notice as it is the world in the least significant danger). Reality is the universe where an original protagonists lives and the universe that the main antagonists rules, although only the original protagonists has openly rebelled against it's existence. And I know this is going to sound weird, but Reality is actually a twisted created of the video game universe, which the antagonists laid to waste and rebuilt in his own image. The main antagonists lets the protagonists escape through the portal to see what the world was like before the antagonists took it over and modeled it in his creation. The main protagonists is intending to ensure that the video game universe is preserved.

it takes place six months after King Piccolo Saga has ended. By then, the news that Goku saved Earth from King Piccolo has been put into the back burner as other things are concentrated and the Dragon Ball characters are able to resume somewhat peaceful lives. Goku trained diligently for six months for the fight against Piccolo Jr., which was to set two and a half years from the current time period this story starts. However, he decides to take a break from training for a day to see his friends, who were meeting at Master Roshi's house as a surprise visit. The reason why I'm using characters from the original series instead from Dragon Ball Z is because DBZ characters would obviously over power all the video game characters in the game. Having attempted to integrate it in my mind made me cringe of how bad of an idea that was. With Dragon Ball characters, video game characters are more or less as good if not better then the Dragon Ball characters up until the very end for hidden reasons. There are areas where Dragon Ball characters do excel at that can be very helpful in the video game world, but others where they are rendered mostly useless in. The same can be said for video game characters. This is to ensure that Dragon Ball characters do not gain all the spot light and that other series get deserved highlights as well.

Reality takes place in the present day and I'm going to highlight reality in a dark limelight. As reality is the taken over video game universe, the antagonists caused the Big Bang, which destroyed all of what was the video game universe and made it into his own creation called "Reality", which then he left alone and forgot about, which would end up bitting the antagonists in the back. The video game universe is the infinity small universe that was present before "Reality" existed, which contains all of the stuffs we know of the video game universe before it was overtaken. Anyone who entered it was forcibly downsized, although they did not noticed it.

Here's another theory that may make no sense but something that could be interesting as well: I believe the Dragon Balls has to go somewhere after being wished. Considering that all the wishes are made in the anime universe, I believe that the Dragon Balls are formed in the video game universe for a year before returning to the anime universe. It has been unnoticed in the video game universe, and as such, a wish has never been made there, until now when the original protagonists helps a few video game protagonists collect the last two missing Dragon Balls and with the five Dragon Balls already created, the protagonists from the universe called Reality wishes for a hero. Explaining more would spoil the plot too much, although I will mention that Shenron gets angry that he has to wish more once a year, because it permanently disrupted the pattern of the Dragon Balls. Instead of waiting once a year to wish, people who wanted it only had to wait a full twenty-four hours to wish if they found all the Dragon Balls by then, which would cause Shenron's energy to rapidly deteriorate. Another consequence of it will be revealed as the show is made.

And it's that consequence that made others realize the special importance of getting all seven Dragon Balls and the Stardust Warriors must work together to find it. I'm planning to get in seven sagas in, one for each Dragon Ball, but there will be more then seven major villains in this story. I want to get at least one major villain in that all seven series with Stardust Warriors represented wins on their own. Note that some sagas will be longer then others, but I want to keep them around the original Dragon Balls's sagas series length so they can be reasonable and to avoid having too many fillers in them.

The sagas will not necessarily be for kids, as a matter of fact, it's designed for teen and young adult audience. It will contain swearing (Although not once every two words, that's ridiculous), minor sexual themes, strong violence at it's worst, blood, and perhaps non-sexual uses of full nudity. I won't necessarily give it rating, but just a reminder that I'm not designing this in minds of kids nor will I censor it for them. The earlier sagas will be pretty light and more comedic elements put into it but the later sagas will be dark and serious.

Now I understand that this idea may sound outrageous and I apologize if it sounds like a disaster in the making, but this is something I can really see working if I put forth the best effort I can into it and something I'd really like to make. I just want to see whenever or not if this idea can work out properly. If there's anything that you want me to reveal or to ask regarding this story, tell me. I'd love to hear some suggestions on how to improve this.

Technically, I've already made the first episode, which is located on Fanfiction.net as a crossover of Dragon Ball and Super Smash Brothers, but even after a few days after viewing it, I feel that I let the non-acting part take over too much. I'll rewrite it to make it more clean and less unnecessary fillers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
Saix
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Saix

Male Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 17th 2011, 11:08 pm

I like your idea, but the too many major roles will overpower each other and be way too chaotic. You're better off with a more Kingdom Hearts like approach where there is one main character and he/she encounters these crossovers.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 17th 2011, 11:34 pm

^ I agree with Saix whole heartedly.

I think this will be a great fic.
Back to top Go down
Saix
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Saix

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 12:02 am

Yes, but like I said, if you proceed this way, you will overpower the screen time of everyone."
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 12:15 am

Hey Saix I like your ide abut what about focusing on a few characters, like Kingdom hearts focused on Sora

What if this focused on the story from two or three viewpoints?
Back to top Go down
Saix
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Saix

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 12:22 am

That's fine, but having 30 major roles is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 12:25 am

Lol I agree, but it's not my fic it's up to this guy. xD
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 12:38 am

Agreed with Saix.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 1:54 am

Saix wrote:
I like your idea, but the too many major roles will overpower each other and be way too chaotic. You're better off with a more Kingdom Hearts like approach where there is one main character and he/she encounters these crossovers.
Hmm, that'll require me to change quite a few things. That said, I have no problem changing things a bit because I do agree that focusing on too many characters at a time can be disastrous and harmful, especially if done before I have the opportunity to properly introduce the Dragon Ball characters to the video game world.

As for the Kingdom Heart approach (Never played the games, but definitely understand what you mean), I like the idea and as such, plan on using a variation of it. It can also weed out video game characters that I'm considering using but think will be more of "They're there" then something significant. Now the question is, what extend to use it to?

I agree that focusing on 30 major characters at the same time is ridiculous and my plan would probably be covered with mess, but I also don't feel comfortable with using just one major character to start out with, since I feel that would somewhat limit the beginning of the story.

So, based off this, when it comes to introducing Dragon Ball characters to the video game universe, I'll be using a modified approach of Saix's idea. I plan on starting out with a select few Dragon Ball characters (Eventually, I plan on using all major characters, but not yet) that meets with other video game characters. That way, every series gets a fair amount of attention geared toward them and when adding to the group, it'll be much harder to overfill (Only additions will be the ones most significant to said video game franchise and significant Dragon Ball characters to the group).

Thanks for responding. Same with everyone else. If you have any other suggestions, tell me.

Last edited by Limelight788 on May 18th 2011, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 8:55 am

That's a lot better. You can also have different viewpoints if you wanted like Chu said where you have an arc or two with one main character(s) and then another arc with other main chars and they eventually come together.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 9:06 am

Strider Zero wrote:
That's a lot better. You can also have different viewpoints if you wanted like Chu said where you have an arc or two with one main character(s) and then another arc with other main chars and they eventually come together.
That's also a good idea. I think two arcs can work, one from a Dragon Ball #1 group and one from a Dragon Ball #2 group. The groups are equally split in # of characters, both of them doing similar purposes, although with different situations.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 9:11 am

You should read people's fanfics here. I'd recommend Fighters Abroad, Second Chance, Mystic Orbs and more.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 18th 2011, 9:13 am

Strider Zero wrote:
You should read people's fanfics here. I'd recommend Fighters Abroad, Second Chance, Mystic Orbs and more.
Will do so when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 20th 2011, 1:52 am

Actually, I'm not sure if I can do more then two arcs at a time. Maybe later on when I get more characters in, but I just don't see it working from the start. I can develop good ideas from one arch, but can't figure out anything to have a second decent arch. With that said, I think I'll combine most of the Dragon Ball characters I plan on using as primary characters into one group, but also weed out a couple that I don't feel will be significant in the plot much and make them secondary characters. Another thing I will do is ditch my current writing style and modify it more like what I see in Fighters Abroad and Dragon Blast, since they have a much cleaner and more convenient style to work with. I haven't seen much of both, but they do work.

I think I'll start writing the fanfiction with the first episode coming out sometimes in June. By then, school will be out and I'll have a clearer thought on how to approach at least the first saga of the fanfiction. I already have some ideas for the first saga, but I'll need time to connect them all. That said, I will apply a variation of Saix's suggestion on how to approach this cross-over, that's a guarantee.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? EmptyMay 20th 2011, 9:02 am

I'll await your first chapter. I hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I proceed with this fanfiction?   Should I proceed with this fanfiction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I proceed with this fanfiction?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Writing Section :: Stardust Warriors-
Jump to: