The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! Empty
PostSubject: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 5:39 pm

Watch the video below and you'll understand more of it better then I can explain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc&feature=feedbul

So the in a nutshell right now is that hollywood is bat-shit crazy because people are uploading full tv and movie on the internet and now they are asking to make a law to fine or put people in jail for streaming any copyright footage from tv and movie without premission. Now that fines, but here's the problem, this could effect video gaming too. IF the bill is pass, you won't be allow to post any type of video footage of gaming, even if you make it a review, nope, they can take it down and fine you or put you in jail (After 10 strikes of course) So business could be possibly ruin, like IGN, gametrailers, Machinima, etc. and people like James rolfe and any type of game reviewers will be canned down. So............If this bill is past, Pretty much half the internet is fucked.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 5:44 pm

Yeah, I heard about this. I like how the American government thinks it has the right to censor an international media.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:03 pm

Raz wrote:
Yeah, I heard about this. I like how the American government thinks it has the right to censor an international media.

Well you have to understand that American rules apply to American websites. Same with any other country. If this bill passes, all videos and the likes have to be posted on Euro sites or Japanese sites or Aussie sites or whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:06 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:

Well you have to understand that American rules apply to American websites. Same with any other country. If this bill passes, all videos and the likes have to be posted on Euro sites or Japanese sites or Aussie sites or whatever.
I'm fine with that, I may not like it but I can deal; but they way I heard it, they plan on censoring sites that aren't based in America as well.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:09 pm

They can't legally do that, obviously. i.e China blocked Facebook in their country but it's not affecting any other country. If they truly think they have the right to censor another country's material, then they should be shot.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:12 pm

That's what I was getting at. Surely it's not within their jurisdiction, but it sounds like they're going to try anyway.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:14 pm

It shouldn't pass anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 10:33 pm

The video game industry is doing it to make a quick buck. Of course, this could hurt the industry because there would be no one to review them through motion video. However, if there is a loop hole in the bill that states that you need permission from the company (like Sega or Nintendo) before you post a video online, then that would be fine.

Also, if the copyright law for posting licensed movies online by showing clips of it so long as it's a review, then why not games?

This probably won't pass. It's a bill so stupid, that it won't pass. There are dumber bills out there that have attempted to pass, but failed because of how retarded they actually are!
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 2nd 2011, 11:55 am

Don't they have more importants laws to pass then this garbage, it's pretty much breaking the act of 1987 and 1st amendment. And yes, you can ask the people who made the product for permission to make a review, but you know how much of a pain in the ass that is for companies? I can understand if you are stopping people from posting full episodes of shows on the internet, but even then, shouldn't you be happy that people give a rats ass about your stuff? That's how dedicated people are to the shows, movies and games if they would go far as putting them on the internet, where millions, even billions of people use? So that's more people knowing, giving you a reason to make more of that material so you can then earn money off of that. So Hollywood and companies needs to know that they're more cons to this bill then pro. So they are pretty much fucking themselves up.

But the good news is that the bill is only in stage 1 and many people are officials are opposing the bill. So we have a good chance of getting this bill vetoed. (Hopefully Obama will listen.)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 2nd 2011, 1:58 pm

Extremewild wrote:
But the good news is that the bill is only in stage 1 and many people are officials are opposing the bill. So we have a good chance of getting this bill vetoed. (Hopefully Obama will listen.)
Of course! He owns a Wii. And he loves video games as well. I think he wouldn't fuck us that bad!
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 2nd 2011, 2:14 pm

I can understand full episodes of shows and stuff because that technically is copyrighted material. That shit already gets taken down on a regular basis. But the bill goes too far.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! EmptyJuly 2nd 2011, 2:48 pm

If you want to give your opinion on this bill go here:

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?akid=700.450896.5hVZPC&rd=1&t=1

You have to fill out a form and it will send a letter to the lawmakers.

Get as many people as you know to do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!   Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal! Empty

Back to top Go down

Game videos/Game reviewing/streaming could be illegal!
Page 1 of 1