The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?

Go down 
+3
Dr. Sage
MulderYuffie
justinlynch3
7 posters

Will next generation of gaming go full didgital?
Yes, I love the idea.
Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_left0%Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but physical copy's should always be a option (offline gamers)
Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_left14%Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_right
 14% [ 1 ]
No, it's a bad idea.
Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_left43%Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_right
 43% [ 3 ]
No, we're not ready for it. To many people still without internet or strong connections.
Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_left43%Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Bar_right
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? Empty
PostSubject: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 11:55 am

So what is Mystic's views on this. I'm thinking digital should be optional, I don't see physical copy's going out yet. That's like saying Netflix is killing DVD/Blu Ray. Maybe over time, but there are to many people without online, or who just prefer to actually own something they buy to let physical copies die yet. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 12:15 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:
So what is Mystic's views on this. I'm thinking digital should be optional, I don't see physical copy's going out yet. That's like saying Netflix is killing DVD/Blu Ray. Maybe over time, but there are to many people without online, or who just prefer to actually own something they buy to let physical copies die yet. Your thoughts?

No no no no no no no no NO!!!

I almost puked at this topic i absolutely despise digital only but if it stays the way it is now then it'll be ok I suppose...but i know if it goes all digital I won't be involved in current gaming anymore and i'm a pretty awesome hardcore gamer.

1. Game specific retailers will go out of business.
2. Will not be able to rent , borrow , sell or buy used games anymore.
3. It might be a shock to imagine this but.....alot of people don't have easy access to the internetz *gasp*.
4. Some game companys won't support it.
5. Too many people will be against it for it to work regardless of internet or not.
6. It puts an end to collectors who like to show off their games such as myself as I am a collector.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 1:07 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

I almost puked at this topic i absolutely despise digital only but if it stays the way it is now then it'll be ok I suppose...but i know if it goes all digital I won't be involved in current gaming anymore and i'm a pretty awesome hardcore gamer.

3. It might be a shock to imagine this but.....alot of people don't have easy access to the internetz *gasp*.
5. Too many people will be against it for it to work regardless of internet or not.
6. It puts an end to collectors who like to show off their games such as myself as I am a collector.
To add on to that, Mulder, what would happen if there was a hardware failure with the console?
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 1:21 pm

Dr. Sage wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

To add on to that, Mulder, what would happen if there was a hardware failure with the console?
True but you could get those back on another console with the account you have the games linked to but to add on to even that what if your account gets hacked and or banned? Bye-bye games!
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 1:26 pm

Dr. Sage wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Completely agree with both of these. No point in doing it because then people can't share games as easily and it would be harder to make up for a hardware failure.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 2:05 pm

Sain wrote:
Dr. Sage wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Completely agree with both of these. No point in doing it because then people can't share games as easily and it would be harder to make up for a hardware failure.

Actually, it makes sharing games easier on PS3 at least.

But anyway, we can't let retailers like Gamestop go out of business. Gamefly would as well unless they had some sort of Netflix type of thing.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 2:41 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Sain wrote:
Dr. Sage wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Actually, it makes sharing games easier on PS3 at least.

But anyway, we can't let retailers like Gamestop go out of business. Gamefly would as well unless they had some sort of Netflix type of thing.
Sharing games with other users is illegal and could very well get your account banned with all your shit on it. :/
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 4:17 pm

If everything goes digital, I'll give up gaming then.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 4:44 pm

Extremewild wrote:
If everything goes digital, I'll give up gaming then.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS!
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?   Next generation of gaming going fully digital download.  Yes or no? EmptySeptember 27th 2011, 4:48 pm

For all the conveniences of a digital download, there are way too many flaws if the material system was replaced by it completely.
Back to top Go down

Next generation of gaming going fully digital download. Yes or no?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: