The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most recent batch of movies.

Go down 
+9
Chulance
Sain
Prince Doebler
Ichigotom
Raz
Strider Zero
????
KittensOnACloud
justinlynch3
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 17th 2012, 1:37 am

Got Resident Evil: Afterlife.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

Female Number of posts : 947
Quote : Show No Mercy To The Merciless.
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 17th 2012, 11:22 pm

Went to the movies yesterday and saw man on a ledge.
I was not too pleased at first, going to see man on a ledge. We had planned to see the new underworld movie or the chronicle but both were sold out. I was like, a man on a ledge? We're going to see a movie about a man on a ledge? Are you kidding me? I was shocked, I actually enjoyed man on a ledge. Considering that I am a paranoid train wreck, I was jumpy and guessing throughout the movie. Nonetheless, the motive and story was good in my opinion. Smile I'd give it a 7.2/10.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 4th 2012, 1:23 am

Okay so I xD saw Due Date the other day and I thought it was hilarious. Zach Galifianakis is just ridiculous man! If you don't know, Zach Galifianakis is Alan from Hangover 1 and 2. It wasn't as good as Hangover 2 but definitely a good comedy and worth watching. Very Happy 7.9/10
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 14th 2012, 7:43 pm

Re-watched SW Ep 1-3 within the last 3 days. Say what you want about Lucas, but no one can deny that he knew the perfect way how to end his series. The binary sunset, Owen having Luke's attire, Obi-Wan there, and the music. All of it was perfectly done. I personally loved all six Star Wars films. Haters gonna hate.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 15th 2012, 2:43 am

Last movie I watched was the new ghost rider in 3D with my sweetheart and his kid.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 15th 2012, 11:09 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Re-watched SW Ep 1-3 within the last 3 days. Say what you want about Lucas, but no one can deny that he knew the perfect way how to end his series. The binary sunset, Owen having Luke's attire, Obi-Wan there, and the music. All of it was perfectly done. I personally loved all six Star Wars films. Haters gonna hate.

Episode 2 could have done without the lovey dovey shit every ten minutes. Anakin was the most socially awkward person in that film. But meh, I have to agree that all of them were good in their own way.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 15th 2012, 11:14 pm

Ryu wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Episode 2 could have done without the lovey dovey shit every ten minutes. Anakin was the most socially awkward person in that film. But meh, I have to agree that all of them were good in their own way.

That was the worst part about Ep II considering Hayden's terrible performance. Although he was perfect for an over dramatic Anakin. He nailed the appearance of Anakin in Episode III. If only his acting was better...
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 15th 2012, 11:45 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Last movie I watched was the new ghost rider in 3D with my sweetheart and his kid.

Gasp! He has a kid!? Awww, that's cute. *.* How was it? (the movie I mean)

Oh and today I finally saw the entire Gantz Movie and it was EPIC!!!!
I really really enjoyed. I was kinda iffy to watch with mom, considering how "mature" the manga was but there was nothing bad at all! I loved it, I loved it all!~ I mean the manga is much better but I really thought the live action would fail. Couldn't be more wrong and boy was I happy. I guess there is hope for Rurouni Kenshin live action after all. Very Happy
I give Gantz a 7.8/10. Slightly biased since <,< I <3 the manga but any fan of the manga/anime should definitely watch!~
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 18th 2012, 4:02 am

Watched SW Ep IV Friday and Empire Strikes Back earlier (While it was still Saturday). From what I've heard, Empire Strikes Back is generally known to be the best one? Personally, I'd disagree, even though it was definitely a great film.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 19th 2012, 6:58 pm

Return of the Jedi remains my favorite from the first trilogy. Phantom Menace is still my favorite of the prequel trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 19th 2012, 11:16 pm

Saw John Carter. It was really good.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 1:12 am

How is Phantom Menace your favourite of the prequels? Liam Neeson, however spectacular he is, isn't enough to redeem the movie. And in just one scene of Revenge of the Sith you've got heaps of quotable lines, like "You have done that yourself!" and "Don't try it, I have the high ground."

As for Return of the Jedi, it starts out brilliantly but then suddenly Ewoks and it nosedives in quality. Empire stays consistantly good throughout, and ends on a really good note.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 2:24 am

Raz wrote:
How is Phantom Menace your favourite of the prequels? Liam Neeson, however spectacular he is, isn't enough to redeem the movie. And in just one scene of Revenge of the Sith you've got heaps of quotable lines, like "You have done that yourself!" and "Don't try it, I have the high ground."

As for Return of the Jedi, it starts out brilliantly but then suddenly Ewoks and it nosedives in quality. Empire stays consistantly good throughout, and ends on a really good note.

I just liked Ep I best. I liked the pace of it a lot better. The villain was the most badass by a long shot, Qui-Gon was the coolest Jedi as well, etc. The final fight was the best as well. The choreography of that fight was the best of any saber fight in the series. Well...dat ending of the fight was horrible. But nonetheless it was better than Anakin vs Obi-Wan. Anakin wasn't a massive prick in Episode I. Many of the scenes were brilliantly done, like when Anakin had to leave home.

What's so bad about the Ewoks, btw?
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 2:49 am

Well yeah, Anakin wasn't an angsty twat in episode 1 like he was in 2, but he was still annoying. He only became okay at the start of 3, but then he became all angsty again and didn't become badass until 4. Qui-Gon was the coolest Jedi, but that is 100% Liam Neeson being a boss.

I would say the best choreographed lightsabre fight is Anakin v Obi Wan tbh, the only standout thing about Maul v Qui-Gon and Obi Wan is the double ended lightsabre and the flow Maul had with it.

Darth Maul was cool but when his replacement is Christopher Lee he has already lost, Count Dooku was a fucking pimp, he did for the second movie what Neeson did for the first. Now if they were in the same Star Wars movie that would have been the best episode by far especially since apparently Qui-Gon was Dooku's apprentice.

Ewoks were just silly. Imperial walkers can shrug off a fucking laser cannon but bash one with a log and it blows up.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 2:57 am

Raz wrote:
Well yeah, Anakin wasn't an angsty twat in episode 1 like he was in 2, but he was still annoying. He only became okay at the start of 3, but then he became all angsty again and didn't become badass until 4. Qui-Gon was the coolest Jedi, but that is 100% Liam Neeson being a boss.

I don't think Anakin was annoying. He was just being a kid. But I think the kid nailed him. Liam Neeson is a boss. My favorite action actor. But Qui-Gon as a character was great too.

Quote :
I would say the best choreographed lightsabre fight is Anakin v Obi Wan tbh, the only standout thing about Maul v Qui-Gon and Obi Wan is the double ended lightsabre and the flow Maul had with it.

The moves on Darth Maul were more than enough to outdo Anakin vs Obi. Check out the part when Maul starts using the single saber Juyo. The dude goes nuts and just kicks the crap out of Obi.

Quote :
Darth Maul was cool but when his replacement is Christopher Lee he has already lost, Count Dooku was a fucking pimp, he did for the second movie what Neeson did for the first. Now if they were in the same Star Wars movie that would have been the best episode by far especially since apparently Qui-Gon was Dooku's apprentice.

Yeah, he was great too, but I loved the simplicity and just sheer badassness of Maul better. His story is actually pretty interesting if you read up on it.

Quote :
Ewoks were just silly. Imperial walkers can shrug off a fucking laser cannon but bash one with a log and it blows up.

LOL I laughed at that part when a log blew up one of the mini imperial walkers. Those weren't as big as the ones on Hoth though. I thought the Ewoks were fine as silly. They weren't supposed to be anything other than that and to help out on Endor.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 4:38 am

There wasn't a whole lot to Qui-Gon as a character that we saw in the movie other than a sort of stoic, generic jedi master, apart from him apparently being known as bit of a maverick by the council, unfortunately we don't get to see anything like that. I assume with backreading he's far more interesting, as Darth Maul would be, but just taking into account the movie I'd have to say both aren't all that good. Especially how nothing about Darth Maul is ever really explained. It's almost like we got half a movie.

I'll agree that Darth Maul was fighting better than both Anakin and Obi Wan in their fight, however it was all Darth Maul. In Anakin vs Obi Wan it was both of them going at it and thus it improved the overall choreography, not to mention how everything was being destroyed in the wake of their fight and they just kept going.

I'm not saying the Ewoks weren't supposed to be silly, I'm just saying they took away from the whole 'all powerful empire' vibe you got from the Empire in the first two movies. If a bunch of muppet savages with a few crude traps can overpower a stormtrooper encampment complete with walkers, how on earth did they get so much power?

Oh yeah, obviously not as big as the juggernaut things on Hoth, but I'd imagine they'd be made of the same shit, and I would have thought that if it could tank laser blasts it could withstand a log.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 5:08 am

Obi-Wan was also pretty good in that fight in Episode I too. Qui Gon had his moments as well. But Darth Maul had the best stuff out of any of them. I loved the Ep III fight too.

I think the Stormtroopers were heavily downplayed in the original trilogy. The prequels made the clones look vastly superior in skill and firepower. I think it just goes to show how poorly the galaxy did with Sidious as its Emperor. In general, their technology was inferior bar the Death Star.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 5:21 am

I guess I didn't word that too well, I meant the fight was driven by Darth Maul in 1, but in 3 Anakin and Obi Wan were pretty evenly matched. One thing I will say though, is the music in the final phantom menace fight is the shit.

They were downplayed quite a bit, but I shouldn't think that would make their equipment any less powerful.

I wouldn't say that they had inferior technology, we never saw places like Coruscant in 4, 5 and 6. The busiest place we saw was Mos Eisley and that seemed a bit more advanced that in Episode 1. Unless you mean blasters and stuff, and that's pretty simply addressed since the rebel alliance are a rag tag group of freedom fighters, they probably scavenged most of their weapons.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 5:31 am

The blasters on the stormtroopers were much weaker than the blasters they pulled out in Order 66 and the rest of the clone stuff.

Look at the huge ass guns they have against Ki-Adi Mundi. No doubts that many stormtroopers with their blasters would have failed against Mundi.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 6:02 am

XxTifa_SanxX wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

I really really enjoyed. I was kinda iffy to watch with mom, considering how "mature" the manga was but there was nothing bad at all! I loved it, I loved it all!~ I mean the manga is much better but I really thought the live action would fail. Couldn't be more wrong and boy was I happy. I guess there is hope for Rurouni Kenshin live action after all. Very Happy
I give Gantz a 7.8/10. Slightly biased since <,< I <3 the manga but any fan of the manga/anime should definitely watch!~
yes he has three kids actually but only one lives with him. I thought the movie overall was pretty good although i should watch the first one sometime lol.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 6:44 am

You have to remember that we never saw them in full scale ground war. There's no reason for scouts or guards to have those sort of heavy blasters.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 4:02 pm

Raz wrote:
You have to remember that we never saw them in full scale ground war. There's no reason for scouts or guards to have those sort of heavy blasters.

This is true.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 20th 2012, 8:45 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
XxTifa_SanxX wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

yes he has three kids actually but only one lives with him. I thought the movie overall was pretty good although i should watch the first one sometime lol.

Oh wow. oo; That's cute! Very Happy Are you good with the kiddos?!
Haha, I <3 Ghost Rider but Nicholas Cage is not -.- an actor I like.
He seems so dull when acting so I did not enjoy as much as I thought I would. :/
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 27th 2012, 4:48 am

XxTifa_SanxX wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
XxTifa_SanxX wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

Oh wow. oo; That's cute! Very Happy Are you good with the kiddos?!
Haha, I <3 Ghost Rider but Nicholas Cage is not -.- an actor I like.
He seems so dull when acting so I did not enjoy as much as I thought I would. :/
Yeah they love me because i'm such a big gamer lol. i don't know I like Nicholas Cage hes pretty sexy lol and anyways this weekend (Sunday) we went to the movies just me and my sweetiepie and we saw John Carter was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 EmptyMarch 29th 2012, 1:32 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
Yeah they love me because i'm such a big gamer lol. i don't know I like Nicholas Cage hes pretty sexy lol and anyways this weekend (Sunday) we went to the movies just me and my sweetiepie and we saw John Carter was pretty awesome.

oo I have heard a lot about John Carter lately! That and Hunger Games are getting good reviews. x.x Once coursework is done, I want to go see them both for sure.

//**xXx**\\

So I recently saw Mr Bean's Holiday and I am pissed -_- I didn't see it SOONER. It was AWESOME!!!!
;_; I should have known, it would have been epic!. /Sigh.
Oh well! I don't know if I can compare this Mr Bean movie with his last one but I really enjoyed them both, alot!
Gave it 9.1/10 !!! Maybe slightly biased because I <3 Rowan Atkinson . Grew up on his sketches as a child. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most recent batch of movies.   Most recent batch of movies. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most recent batch of movies.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next