The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Fantasy Party

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Ultimate Fantasy Party Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party EmptyMarch 2nd 2012, 1:04 am

I'm posting this in the RP section because I might take this somewhere. Maybe. We'll see. >>;

I've been following the site of a ROM hacker named Michael Iantorno. Long story short, he also blogs about games in general. One thing he did recently was a write-up of an Ultimate Fantasy Party. The premise is to create a party of five characters from nearly any medium and why you would choose those characters.

Here are the rules:

1) Your party must consist of five characters. The first four must fit into the traditional fantasy archetypes (fighter, rogue, priest/healer, wizard/offensive magic), with the addition of one wildcard character of your choice.
2) Your characters must be drawn primarily from fantasy sources (not science fiction). Keep technology to a minimum.
3) No more than one character per series/franchise. Tifa Lockhart and Rydia of Mist cannot be on the same team, but Frog/Glenn and Terra Branford can be on the same team.
4) Characters with "secondary" roles are welcome, but they must be prominently proficient with one of the four initial job role.
5) Characters with alternate forms are permitted, provided the transformation is permanent or controllable without limit.
6) No super-uber characters. No medieval equivalents of Superman or SSJ Goku.
7) Characters cannot be user created. PCs made in a player’s own video games or PnP adventures are not applicable. This includes “blank slate” characters, who don’t really have an inherent skillset (the protagonist from Skyrim, for example)

A good party example would be: Sir Lancelot (Fighter, Arthurian Legend), Aladdin (Rogue, Middle Eastern Folklore), Rosa (Priest, Final Fantasy IV), Gandalf (Wizard, Lord of the Rings) and Drizzt Do’Urden (Wildcard, Forgotten Realms).
A bad party example would be: The Incredible Hulk (Fighter), Batman (Rogue), The Pope (Cleric), The Ice King (Wizard) and Dan Marino (Wildcard).
Please take the time to write up why you picked each individual character, and why you think the character is the best in their respective archetype.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Due to some discussions that I had with someone over AIM and a conversation I picked up on Skype, I want to lay a couple of things down.

First of all, when choosing your characters, your team is going to come in at bare minimum stats. That's usually the way it goes in RPGs, which is what this write-up was designed for. At the end of the game, in a well-balanced RPG, Link would have the potential to be as powerful as SSJ3 Goku. Realistically, that wouldn't be the case, but it will be here.

That said, keep in mind that when you choose your characters for your party, there will be a forced balance of the characters' stats, regardless of who you choose. However, continue to avoid choosing characters that would be considered "broken". I've edited rules one and four for that purpose, to further define the guidelines.

Last edited by Prince Doebler on April 24th 2012, 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party EmptyMarch 2nd 2012, 1:05 am

And here is my entry for the Ultimate Fantasy Party:

Fighter: Kain Highwind - Holy Dragoon (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)
Ultimate Fantasy Party Dissidia012HDKainAlt
I've always been a sucker for the amazing Dragoon job class in this series, so I wanted to include one as my fighter. As a Holy Dragoon, Kain wields some respectable white magic that can come through in a pinch, though most will probably care more about Haste.

Rogue: Sheik (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Ultimate Fantasy Party Sheik_%28Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl%29
>inb4 WTF

Yeah, I know it's unorthodox, but I think it works. With her abilities augmented by the Triforce of Wisdom, Sheik can actually be a deadly rouge on the field. She's not nearly as strong as Kain, but she's fast and stealthy. That, and she can transform into Zelda for some magic here and there, but as the princess, she'll more than likely get knocked out with one or two hits.

Priest: Marle (Chrono Trigger)
Ultimate Fantasy Party Marle2
Marle has some extremely potent healing magic, respectable offensive magic, and is deadly with a crossbow. Also, since she has the ability to use combined techs, who's to say she can't work with Kain's banding ability?

Wizard: Kumatora (Mother 3)
Ultimate Fantasy Party Kumatora_Clay

The Mother series is full of powerful magic users, with many knowing so many different forms of their magic, and all magic users being very competent at it. Ultimately, I went with this tomboy, because she knows all four levels of Fire, Freeze, and Thunder, has access to the deadly PK Starstorm and Ground, and possesses some potent debilitating and debuffing spells at her disposal.

Wildcard: Mario Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Ultimate Fantasy Party MarioSMBW
Another unusual choice, but think about it. Mario's always been versatile in the games, having used a pump, and several different power-ups. You can practically put anything in his hands, and he will be competent at it, making him a suitable wildcard. That, and his jump abilities are always potent enough, provided he doesn't land on any spiked enemies.

Last edited by Prince Doebler on March 2nd 2012, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party EmptyMarch 2nd 2012, 9:35 pm

Fighter: Yun-Seong/Yunsung - Soul Calibur series

Ultimate Fantasy Party 290px-Yun01

Yun-Seong has fast kicks and short but powerful sword strikes. Would be a tough fighter to face for enemies and in his crane stance, he can automatically avoid most vertical attacks. A bit unorthodox but if you think about it and consider my other choices, it works out. There isn't need for much more than a strong fighter out of the fighter choice and Yun-Seong qualifies along with having good speed.

Rogue: Rikku - Final Fantasy X/Final Fantasy X-2

Ultimate Fantasy Party Ff10-rikku

You might call this a waste of a FF character but think about it. Rikku is able to steal items, use items that no other characters can use, and even combine items together. If you need some sudden health, use Rikku's overdrive to mix a couple of potions. The overdrive is useful in any given situation as long as Rikku is alive. Plus Rikku has the speed to go first most of the time and can bribe enemies to make them leave or even throw gil at them. She gets a good amount of HP and isn't a bad fighter.

Wizard: Jessica Albert - Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Ultimate Fantasy Party 47307321um9

This might seem like an odd choice at first but Jessica gets some nice offensive magic including Kaboom (hits all enemies) and Kacrackle (freezes all enemies). Then there is support magic including Snooze (puts a group of enemies to sleep), Insulatle (protects the party from Ice spells), Oomph (Doubles one ally's attack) and Sap (Reduces the defense of one enemy). For the purpose of this I would got with all points in Staves, then any extras in Sex Appeal so she can get Acceleratle (Increases party's speed), Kasap (same as Sap but on a group of enemies), Bounce (reflects enemy spells but can only cast on herself), Magic Barrier (Increases party's resistance to hostile magic), Caduceus (Restores HP to an ally), and Kazing (Brings an ally back to life). It will take a while for her to get to the full potential but it will be worth it in the end.

Priest: Clarine Reglay - Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals

Ultimate Fantasy Party Clarine

Clarine is a dodge machine on a horse, rarely getting hit. Sure her magic is low but keep her with Mend and Psychic staves and you cannot go wrong. Upon promotion, Clarine gains access to the Anima spells to gain offense. Yeah she is fragile when it comes to physical attacks but once again, she is a dodge machine with her insane speed and luck. She has enough durability to take a hit then heal up. By using Psychic, Clarine can heal from a distance too in order to stay out of the fight.

Wildcard: Sora - Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts II

Ultimate Fantasy Party Sora....Kingdom%20Hearts%20II

OK, an odd choice for a wildcard but Sora can summon Disney characters to help out in battle, use magic like Fire, Ice, Heal, etc, and isn't too shabby of a fighter. Plus he can get other skills to help him like Glide, Super Jump, Air Combo Plus and Guard. Different keyblades will give him different advantages.

Last edited by Sain on March 3rd 2012, 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party EmptyMarch 2nd 2012, 11:33 pm

Just to note: This is just created for fun for me. If someone wants to use one of these characters for the real thing, go ahead.

Fighter: Mifune - Soul Eater

Ultimate Fantasy Party 19913-mifune

Mifune is the peak of swordsmanship. His infinite sword style makes it difficult for anyone to match up with him in a close ranged fight.

Rogue: Rei - Breath of Fire 3

Ultimate Fantasy Party Bof_ps_rei_color

Rei's speed is superb and has many thieving tactics. His weretiger transformation makes him even more deadly, but dangerous to his team as well.

Wizard: Knoll - Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

Ultimate Fantasy Party Knoll

Knoll is a practitioner of the Dark Arts. This is a powerful magic. He may also heal on the side.

Priest: Yuna - Final Fantasy X

Ultimate Fantasy Party 26712_4dd22a64b5ac2

Yuna's white magic skills are insane and her abilities to summon also make her a valuable ally.

Wild Card: Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach

Ultimate Fantasy Party Kuchikirukia4

Rukia can use many different types of attacks. She can attack with her zanpakuto or release it to use special ice attacks. She has many binding and attacking spells and she is semi-proficient in flash step.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

Female Number of posts : 947
Quote : Show No Mercy To The Merciless.
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party EmptyMarch 6th 2012, 12:15 am

Fighter: Musubi (Sekirei [Offense])
Her abilities are classified as a fist-type; using raw might and unarmed combat skills to fight against her opponents. As such, she relies on punch, kick, throw and jump tactics. She has ground elemental powers as well, making her a good close and mid range fighter.
Ultimate Fantasy Party Sekirei_12_001

Rogue: Shishio Makoto (Rurouni Kenshin [Attack])
Shishio is a mofo boss! Shishio possesses qualities that make him an incredible assassin and swordsman, extremely high strength, speed, stamina, and durability and the ability to read an opponent’s attacks. If Shishio has seen a technique then he can easily make it useless when it is used against him.
Ultimate Fantasy Party 300px-Shishio_Makoto_by_DW3Girl

Priestess: Kikyo (InuYasha [Defense])
There's a number of reasons why I chose Kikyo, one for her purification and healing abilities, archery skills and mainly for her powers to use sacred arrows.
Ultimate Fantasy Party 300px-Miko_Kikyo

Witch: Blair (Soul Eater [Distraction?])
I don't really have a reason for choosing Blair, I don't know many animated Witch/Wizard characters and she was the first to come to mind. I don't know much of her abilities but I assume she is strong to have handled herself well against Mifune. That says a lot in my opinion. Maybe I can use her to seduce xD her opponents or something!?
Ultimate Fantasy Party 180px-Mod_article2188338_1

Wildcard: Sakura Kinomoto (Sakura Card Captors)
Yes, the pink strawberry costume wearing Sakura. Why not?! Sakura is some sort of magical entity with the ability to use and control an endless supply of 'clow' cards! What are clow cards you ask? These cards represent a combination magic centered on the concepts of natural forces and elements. Very Happy
Ultimate Fantasy Party 180px-D7d8c95b1cc380_full

That's my list for now, I am still iffy about << some of my characters chosen..
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party EmptyMarch 6th 2012, 12:57 am

Made an edit to the post of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fantasy Party   Ultimate Fantasy Party Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fantasy Party
Page 1 of 1