The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Hearts turns 10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Kingdom Hearts turns 10 Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 4:00 am

So today march 28th is the day Kingdom Hearts was released in Japan for the very first time 10 years ago today. Hard to believe it has been so long ago. I remember playing the game originally in my younger years. I remember backin elementary school on the playground a few of my friends talking about a crossover of final Fantasy and disney and I tossed those conversations to the side thinking it would just be some kind of trading card video game or some shit LOL. In summer 2003 my older cousin decided to do something special for me and took me to walmart and bought me a PS2 and told me to pick some games. I picked up Teeken Tag Tournament , Jak and Daxter , final Fantasy X , another game or two of names i cannot recall at the moment and then I saw that game that my friends told me about awhile back. I decided since the cover looked cool and i was going to get it for free bought it on a whim and if i hadn't i may have never ended up here talking about it now. I went home played some Teeken and a little bit of jak & Daxter then decided to pop in Kingdom Hearts. I was INCREDIBLY boring to the point that I saved in Sora's heartstation at the start of the game and didn't touch it for a few months. finally one day i was already bored as hell so put it back in my PS2 and well.....I didn't stop for a break until I got halfway through Hollow Bastion i was hooked. Very Happy

so how dide everyone here get into KH?
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 4:04 am

I remember when Kingdom Heart was actually good..................................
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 4:05 am

I heard about it from multiple friends and decided to try it out.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 4:42 am

Extremewild wrote:
I remember when Kingdom Heart was actually good..................................
It is. Birth by sleep was amazing and Dream Drop Distance looks just as good if not better and advances the story instead of a prequel.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 4:44 am

Man, you know I just kidding. Kingdom Hearts have good games, just except 2 (Aka 358/2 days and Chain of Memories)
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 4:55 am

I think Chain of Memories had a decent story. I just don't like that gameplay for a KH game. Re-Chain of Memories was a mistake to keep the card system.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyMarch 28th 2012, 5:43 am

358/2 Days
I've stated before had one of the better stories in the serie even though it was more of a character driven plot. The gameplay on the otherhand was restricted down to missions and restricted you in areas throughout the game making you feel closed in and cannot do specific things because you are on a certain mission. Despite the fact that I NEVER use items the system was badly done and more complicated than it needed to be. Same with magic and leveling up/abilities doesn't help that the gameplay overall has a good amount of problems with glitches and such. Mission mode and multiplay is good just wish it wasn't just local play. I like the fract you can play as all of the ORG members with their own limits and weapons too they put some effort into this. I liked collecting those silver things too. I don't know it being rushed and being on a system that limits it was not a good idea but I do like the game overall even though it has some of the worst gameplay aspects of the series.

Chain of Memories

The plot was decent and paced very well compared to all the other games in the series. The gameplay was actually pretty good even though i do not prefer it it adds more strategy to the game. I also like how the cards you choose for each room changes what it actually in the room for more variety. I like both aspects of this game.

Re:Coded (and only applies to Re)
The story is next to non-existant only covering slight plot stuff from a few of the past games and the ending is really the only thing advancing the overall plot forward even though this is already covered in Birth by Sleep's secret ending. I like the gameplay it is a slightly downgraded version of BBS. I like the system matrix which is how you level up and certain other stats and abilities. It is like FFX's sphere grid system and i like the variety in the certain sections of the game like platforming , shooting , turn based and stealth. It is overall a really good game and a very good definition of what a remake really is.
Back to top Go down
Ardhamon5000
Citizen
Citizen
Ardhamon5000

Male Number of posts : 16
Name : Ali
Quote : "Hello there! You're in superjail. I'm the Warden and your a Criminal."
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 12:14 am

I remember when I first played the first game. I got the Final Mix by mistake (due to the bootlegs they sell in horrible packaging and the sellers lie to you sometimes where I'm from). So playing the first game wasn't easy for me. But then the second game was coming out, so I wanted to get into it. So, I used guides and started playing it a bit more.

So, then I bought 2 and later Chain of Memories.

I played them all simultaneously. Finished the first one first, then 2 and then Chain of Memories (which was pretty hard by the way).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts turns 10   Kingdom Hearts turns 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts turns 10
Page 1 of 1