The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rate the last movie you saw!

Go down 
+14
Raz
VideoGPlayer12
Azu~Nyan
Prince Doebler
ArmorZeroX
DudeWynaut
Major STRYFE
justinlynch3
God
????
Superbuu3
Strider Zero
KittensOnACloud
Mishimi
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyNovember 25th 2014, 2:18 am

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - Good

After the awful but enjoyable Catching Fire, I feel that they bounced back a bit with this film.

As I anticipated, the plot has been centralized and more focused. This allowed for the story to not be all over the place like the last one. We had a few major plot points that developed over the course of the film, all in good time and placement. To put it simply, this movie was structured waaaaay better than Catching Fire.

Spoiler:

In terms of the scope of Part 1, it was handled pretty decently. The pacing was fine, despite this being only half of the book. There was enough material to cover the two hours, and it kept things interesting throughout. But one gripe I have with this is that the material seemed to follow a similar formula, seeming like a bit of rehash.

Spoiler:

So, I think I've praised Jennifer Lawrence enough for her superb acting in the first two. But once again, she nailed it. But this time, she had slightly different emotions to portray, and she did it perfectly. I like Liam Hemsworth as well.

Characters were pretty decent. There weren't a lot of introduced characters, but the major one was the president of district 13. And she was good. She was skeptical in the beginning, but whenever she was wrong, she knew it and corrected things immediately. She made tough decisions that paid off. Also, seeing Natalie Dormer was a pleasant surprise. But seeing her with that haircut threw me off.

Spoiler:

Snow wasn't as bad as in Catching Fire, but he still wasn't great. I think Snow treats this too much like a game, and should be focusing more on trying to win.

Spoiler:

Soundtrack was decent. Nothing standing out to me particularly, but nothing bad.

Overall, this was an objective improvement from Catching Fire (in movie form at least). I enjoyed this more as well. Compared to the first? I have to think about that. I kinda do miss the actual hunger games, but by this film, it has outstripped its purpose, so I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Mishimi
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Mishimi

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 3rd 2015, 8:30 pm

Theaters: Night at the Museum 3 - 4/5

DVD: VHS Viral - 1.5/5
Back to top Go down
http://dragonballmakai.forumotion.com/
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 15th 2015, 12:42 am

Kingsman: Good

I thoroughly enjoyed this one, even though some of it was a bit strange. There's a lot of English slang involved, but I understood a fair bit of it. But I think I understand more English slang than the average American, like "taking the piss". Some of the accents were pretty thick, so if you're not used to it, it might be hard to get used to at the beginning. I was fine with it, though. Speaking of accents, if you want to hear an English Mark Hamill Joker, watch this film. The voice he uses sounds like his Joker.

The plot progressed pretty well over the 2 hour length. There was a lot of room for plot development and I think it paid off. I enjoyed the plot, though some of the points were a bit weak. The dog sub-plot was ultimately pretty weak.

The characters were likable for the most part. The cast was pretty good.

One thing this film did was poke fun at old spy movies (mostly the James Bond films). I think a lot of the jabs were pretty on point. The humor in general was good in my opinion. I am a fan of British humor, so this was a good fit for me.

Oh, speaking about humor, there was one scene that was pretty controversial at the end. This will have the only spoiler of the film.

Spoiler:

Anyway, the action was pretty good. The cinematography for it was very good, so that you could see everything that was happening. Not just this close up action where it's suggested that someone got elbowed. No, if someone got elbowed, you saw the whole thing. They went to great lengths to keep it honest.

The score was fine. One particular track I noticed was pretty good that fit the scene perfectly. It's called "Manners Maketh Man". Anyone who has seen the movie will know where this plays of course.

Special effects were decent, though a few of them were a bit sub-par. Though to be fair, some of it did seem intentional.

By the way, the word "fuck" is said a lot, so if you don't like that, this may not be the movie to see.

Overall, it was pretty good. I enjoyed the hell out of it, as it was more of a fun watch than a well-constructed film, though it had several components of the latter. I saw it with three people: Two guys, one girl. The girl seemed to enjoy it a little, but was more weirded out by it, whereas the other guys seemed to enjoy it much more. Take that data as you will. I would say that maybe it's more geared towards men than women. Definitely don't bring any children to this (or any R rated movie damn it). If you can't appreciate satire, this is likely not the film for you.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyJune 22nd 2015, 9:49 pm

Age of Ultron: 8/10

great summer blockbuster, but like all films there were some flaws.  However it was still a very enjoyable movie that I could watch again and again.

Jurassic World: 9.5/10

Fantastic movie!  Plenty of great action and tons of callbacks and Easter eggs from the previous films.  Yes there were minor character and plot issues, but we watch movies for fun, and that is exactly what I had.

Inside Out: 9/10

A very enjoyable and funny children's film.  I have to give props to Disney/Pixar for a very original film that continues there legacy of great films that aren't just for kids, but for the kids at heart.  To this day I have yet to see a Disney/Pixar film that I didn't like.  Sure some were better then others, but I enjoyed them all just the same, minus Brave which I have yet to see but hopefully I will soon.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 5:35 pm

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F - Objectively bad, Subjectively good

To find out more detail, stay tuned for an audio version sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 9th 2015, 6:20 pm

Pixels - 6/10
Passable, I guess. Painful to sit through, though.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - 9.5/10
Incredible. Some of the twists were predictable as to when they would happen, but it wasn't apparent what would happen. Kept the viewers on their toes.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-01

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 10th 2015, 2:24 am

Ted 2 - 7.5/10

This movie was pretty hilarious and better than the original imo, the jokes in some scenes were very well executed. It has a simple story of Ted trying to prove he is a person in court but if you liked the first one, you should like this as I went in for the comedy. Definitely recommending for those who wants a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 20th 2015, 4:22 pm

Minions - Ehh

For a children's film, it was fine. But it had no appeal for adults like a lot of pixar films tend to have. No, I haven't seen Despicable Me yet, so I don't know if the other two are like that. A few funny jokes, but otherwise it was just okay.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 7:07 pm

The Cabin in the Woods - 4

This movie was pretty lackluster. It had a interesting concept but the execution was crap, half the things in the movie was predictable and it lacked the true 'horror' aspect of it. I found myself laughing more than actually being scared. Also not to mention how they fucked up the ending. Would not watch again.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

Female Number of posts : 136
Quote : "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do..."
Registration date : 2014-08-26

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 5:08 pm

Lately, I hadn't really had time for sitting down and watching movies and films so this is mostly what I came upon on TV.

S.W.A.T. - A very lovely time killer. I enjoyed it for what it's worth. I don't think it a very good movie as the focus was running wild for the most of the movie and there were just so many WTF moments and the plot felt like something I've seen done better many times before, but it held my lackadaisical attention. It served its purpose of wasting a few hours when I didn't have anything to do and didn't feel like doing anything else.

An Education - I liked it save for the ending. I wanted the ending to be a bit harsher and less forgiving, but eh. Should have expected it. It was a brilliant film though. A very nice cast with very strong performances especially from the lead even though I wanted to punch some sense into her at some moments, but since I do think that role is such that it should make you want to punch some sense into the girl, it is a positive type of wanting to punch.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 5:24 pm

Crazy stupid love- 8

Great comedy and character interactions. Steve Carrel and Ryan Gosling were on point with the acting, well chosen cast. Then again pretty much all of Steve Carrel comedies are nice.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 17th 2016, 3:15 am

Deadpool - About what I expected, so pretty good.

I'm glad it wasn't too over the top (For Deadpool's standards. And yes, there is such a thing). I did take note very quickly about the good move of making the sequencing more like a Tarantino film. The flashback scenes (Pre-costume) weren't quite as funny, so they were littered between present time scenes that had more of that Deadpool humor. I was hoping there would be a nod to Origins and there were a few, so that was good. I also like that they changed up some of the content from the trailers (standard practice, but needed desperately here).

Overall, I laughed more at the first Avengers movie, but it was pretty damn enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

Quote : "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do..."

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 17th 2016, 4:27 pm

Deadpool - I loved it. I enjoyed every scene and I really loved that they mixed the costume and pre-costume scenes instead of just going chronologically. It made it a fun-ride all the way through as heavier stuff was mixed in with the more violent fun stuff. I will never look at Ajax cleaning products without giggling.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Another film I loved. Then again, it is a Colin Firth film so I am really not objective there.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 11:04 pm

Ant-Man: Nice movie

I finally got around to seeing it. I found it interesting how they decided to handle Hank Pym and Wasp. Paul Rudd's Ant-Man also isn't the Irredeemable version either.

The pacing seemed a bit disjointed, but it wasn't bad like that. There were some minor details in the movie that had me going "What?". For example, the villain being able to put on his suit so fast and being able to use it so effectively, Scott being able to put on the suit in 10 seconds near the beginning, etc.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the humor style and Paul Rudd's performance. This piqued my interest in Ant-Man more than I ever was at any other iteration of him (I always found him quite boring to be frank).
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 26th 2016, 3:51 am

Batman vs. Superman - Mediocre

I'm going to be completely honest. I was never once hyped up about this movie. People are now surprised that this movie wasn't amazing. Can we have an honest moment and say that this movie never actually looked amazing to begin with?

Anyway, the story was completely disjointed. If Ant-Man had that trait, which it did, this movie dials that up from a 3 to a 10. The storyboarding was a hot mess. The flow was nearly non-existent for most of the movie.

Now, I will give them credit for one thing. I actually like Luthor's character. It was a bold move and I felt it worked. But I still feel like Jessie Eisenberg was a terrible choice and he just did not execute Luthor well at all.

I have no issues with Gal Gadot's performance, but I felt like she could have been a more integral character to the story. Most of the film, she was just a nuisance to Batman and was only relevant for her "mystery", which was not a mystery to anyone who has seen a full length trailer for the movie.

If Suicide Squad is better than this, I'll laugh. It most likely will be too.

Overall, I won't go so far as to agree with the 3/10 rating that is going around. But I also don't think this was a good movie by objective standards. I did enjoy it, so that's a plus. There were definitely good things going for the movie, and I think Affleck was fine as Batman. They just need to go back to the drawing board and rework some things in order to get Justice League right.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 26th 2016, 10:42 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Batman vs. Superman - Mediocre

I'm going to be completely honest. I was never once hyped up about this movie. People are now surprised that this movie wasn't amazing. Can we have an honest moment and say that this movie never actually looked amazing to begin with?

Anyway, the story was completely disjointed. If Ant-Man had that trait, which it did, this movie dials that up from a 3 to a 10. The storyboarding was a hot mess. The flow was nearly non-existent for most of the movie.

Now, I will give them credit for one thing. I actually like Luthor's character. It was a bold move and I felt it worked. But I still feel like Jessie Eisenberg was a terrible choice and he just did not execute Luthor well at all.

I have no issues with Gal Gadot's performance, but I felt like she could have been a more integral character to the story. Most of the film, she was just a nuisance to Batman and was only relevant for her "mystery", which was not a mystery to anyone who has seen a full length trailer for the movie.

If Suicide Squad is better than this, I'll laugh. It most likely will be too.

Overall, I won't go so far as to agree with the 3/10 rating that is going around. But I also don't think this was a good movie by objective standards. I did enjoy it, so that's a plus. There were definitely good things going for the movie, and I think Affleck was fine as Batman. They just need to go back to the drawing board and rework some things in order to get Justice League right.

What he said!
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMay 7th 2016, 1:15 pm

Captain America Civil War - Awesome

Aaaand the better super hero VS movie of the year goes toooo..

So, yeah. This movie kicked ass on many levels. Most of the aspects were well done and there were a couple levels of depth to the movie overall that sets it apart from most of the other Marvel films.

The plot worked in many ways. It covers a lot of political themes, does some world building, adds a sense of realism to the MCU plot. You can clearly point out a conservative vs liberal argument and the film does a VERY good job of keeping a relatively neutral viewpoint. Both sides have a point and have their own extremities. Not to mention 2016 is a very good year to release this film because of the presidential elections.

Now, as for world building and the touch of realism, they both stem from the same thing. That's the fact that consequence is a big theme in the film. That's all I want to say without going into spoilers.

By the way, the big reveal in the plot at the end was ridiculously good.

Characterization is good. Cap and Iron Man are what you expect, but they developed the less recurring and new characters a bit more. The focus was on Cap, because this is a Cap movie obviously. But they found just the right amount of screen time for almost everyone. As for Spider-Man, I gotta say that I am optimistic about this. As long as they keep Tom Holland, he isn't going to get any younger. The writing behind his character was solid. For being so young, it was done well. Holland did a good job. Panther was also done well.

This is the one time that I'm going into spoilers.

Spoiler:

I have no issues with the score. Nothing that stood out, but it was fine.

The action was awesome, but I wish it wasn't as close up as it got sometimes. Most of the time it was on point.

I like where the movie ended. I hope it has impact on the next film.

Overall, the movie was great. The Captain America films are usually the best aside from the Avengers movies. Well done, Marvel. You kicked the shit out of Batman vs Superman.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyJune 7th 2016, 5:39 pm

Alice: Through the Looking Glass - Okay

I felt that the first one was better, but I did like it on some level.

Time travel in a plot has its own sets of problems, and it certainly didn't help this particular story.

Because this is more of a family film, there is only so far I can go with dissecting it, but then again good writing is good writing regardless of demographic. The writing itself wasn't very good.

However, the morals for a family film were well developed. The "time" issue was not dissimilar to Spy Kids 4, but I feel like the particular thematic approach to it was better in this film.

Visually the movie impressed. I really liked the Dark Souls III/Bloodborne darker Victorian themed time world. The one particular scene where everything looked like rust was awesome.

Not much else I can really say. I took my sister to see this, and I didn't dislike it. It just wasn't very good either.
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyJune 25th 2016, 9:13 am

Captain America Civil War 9.99/10

The deduction of 0.01 is for Sharon and Captain's awkward romance. The rest of the movie was too good to put to words.

Zootopia 9.8/10

Disney got away with putting a nudist colony in their movie because it was with furries. Nuff said.

Inside Out 9/10

I quite loved the movie though both Joy and Sadness annoyed me quite often.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyJune 29th 2016, 11:24 pm

Finding Dory - Alright

It's about what you would expect from a sequel to an alright pixar film. People my age seem to gravitate around "Finding Nemo", but I never found it to be spectacular. This was a film that Ellen Degeneres seemed to be pleading about for a while. So essentially, it was a fan film from the start. From that perspective, it delivered what it needed to. I was surprised though that the seagulls didn't have more than their cameo.

My favorite parts about the movie were Becky and the Sea Lions.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2016, 2:27 am

Suicide Squad - Fun

This one was definitely aimed more for sadistic fun in a controlled way. By that standard, it did a decent to good job.

The film was decently structured, but still felt like it was chaotic, which is a good thing. I liked that it wasn't clearly organized, because that's exactly the type of movie it was supposed to be. Although there is some semblance of order in the film, and that does prove to be a good thing.

The comedy was there, but wasn't too heavy to overpower the more serious and darker moments. It wasn't Avengers funny, but it was comedic.

Will Smith was awesome. It's been a while since I've seen a movie with him in it, because he's been in really uninteresting movies lately. It's really good to see him in his element again. His performance reminded me of Fresh Prince and iRobot, AKA his better works.

As for the rest of the cast, I have few complaints. Margot Robbie did a great Harley. There were a few moments among the entire cast that were poorly acted, but nothing major. Some of the Enchantress body language was a bit awkward.

Speaking of the Enchantress, the synching was a bit off with the voice. Don't know if it was intentional, but I wasn't a fan of it.

My only real issue with the storyboarding itself was that they could have cut down on the flashback time and focused more in the moment. The beginning flashbacks could have been streamlined so that we get the point but we still get to the heart of the story quicker. That was an issue with Batman vs Superman as well. When you spend too long explaining the premise, you have far less time to focus in on the here and now. That's something that every writer should know, irrespective of the type of media that you are writing for and it's just plain common sense.

The aspect that really carries this movie is the characters. This is a character-driven film. Everything else takes a back seat, including plot-progression. All of the Suicide Squad members are likable. My only issue is that Killer Croc is pretty left out and the Aussie boomerang guy is just kinda there (except the one joke gimmick). It was really all about Deadshot, Harley and Diablo. Even Katana has more development than the other two.

So the elephant in the room: How was Jared Leto's Joker? It was okay. This purely psychotic routine is a tad bit closer to Mark Hamill's take on the Joker, but is a bit different. Very different to Heath Ledger's Joker, which is also a good thing. I still don't think this Joker is ideal, but it's tolerable.

Overall, I enjoyed this movie more than Batman vs Superman. It wasn't a great movie by any means. But it was a fun movie and that's what counts.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyNovember 13th 2016, 2:30 am

Dr. Strange - Cool

For someone who wasn't particularly hyped about the movie, I was glad I went to see it. I was always neutral about Dr. Strange from other iterations of him.

The main spectacle was the special effects. Man did ILM deliver. Everything looked awesome, from the mundane magic stuff to the real trippy stuff.

I wasn't expecting it to be very funny, but I did appreciate the film's sense of humor. The comedic moments were thrown in exactly where they were needed.

My biggest grievance with the movie is that the majority of the action is too close up. This is the other side of the coin of having ILM. You can have all the best special effects, but you can't get away with this trope when you have the best effects studio in the world at your fingertips.

I had one other problem with the movie, but I won't go in depth because I don't feel like going into spoilers this time.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2016, 2:53 am

Rogue One - Not bad

I wasn't expecting much out of this movie. The fact that it wasn't shit was nice. The story as a whole is probably more solid than The Force Awakens on account of TFA having not much originality. It didn't have nearly as much charm as TFA though.

This one felt a bit less fanservice-based and more about telling an actual story. Ep VII was more like "Hey guys, remember this? Well it's back! Isn't this the greatest movie since Empire Strikes Back?" This movie was more like "Hey guys, remember this? This is how all that came to be!"

This time around, there were some prequel nods as well, which was good.

My main problem with the movie is the weak main character. There's nothing that stands out about her other than the fact that she's hot. Jyn Morrow would like a word with Jyn Erso. Anyway, she's less unique than the rest of the main cast sans Cassian.

Overall it was an enjoyable movie. I feel like if there was a strong main character, then the whole movie would have been ten times better.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 11th 2017, 3:55 am

Logan - Pretty Good

This movie definitely impressed after how bad the trailers made it seem.

It's possible Hugh Jackman may never give a better performance in his lifetime. Dafne has a very bright future ahead of her. I always give some slack to kids who don't perform well on screen, but she was legitimately great. The fact that most of her character was in her facial expressions made it a difficult role. So I give extra props for that. Like, the rest of the kids were not even close to that caliber. Patrick Stewart was also awesome.

The dark storyline lends itself to its pros and cons. The major pro being that it has a great touch of realism. The major con being that it lacks the great cast we all know and love from X-Men.

I do have a problem with the way the movie ended.

Spoiler:

If they do try and make an X-23 movie, she had better be at least in her late teens or an adult. Her age worked for this movie, but she won't carry a film by herself as a child.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 EmptyMay 11th 2017, 12:32 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 - Nice

I'm going to open by saying that this was more of the same in relation to the first movie. Some critics deducted points from the film for that reason. They basically said it wasn't as fresh as the first one. To that I say...no shit. Obviously the first one was fresher due to what it introduced to MCU fans and what it reintroduced to older sci-fi fans. That doesn't make this one worse than the first one.

I will say that the first one was more enjoyable, but not by much. I really enjoyed this one as well.

Characterization was nicely done in Volume 2. I liked where Starlord's story went. Yandu was better in this movie. Gamora is still bland. Even Mantis had more color to her character than her. Speaking of characters, I liked how the Watchers had a cameo.

The comedy was about the same. There were still some flat moments, but otherwise pretty funny. I love how they completely made fools out of the Sovereign by likening their space pods to video games.

Overall, like I said, the first one was a bit better, but this one delivered too. Can't wait to see what they add to Infinity War.

P.S, if you haven't watched the movie yet, stay through the entire credits. Yes, all of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rate the last movie you saw!   rate the last movie you saw! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

rate the last movie you saw!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next