The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII Empty
PostSubject: Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII   Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII EmptyJune 26th 2012, 10:39 pm

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3042

Holy shit. The guy's actually pulling his head out of his ass.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII   Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII EmptyJune 26th 2012, 11:00 pm

Fucking pieces of shit.

"The company is not making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII. If [we] were to release a 7 remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with.”

That's complete bullshit and they know it. This proves the reason they won't do it:

"...however they would of course have to put their entire effort behind it."

That's exactly the reason why. They're working on half ass projects. Taking the easy route out. Bastards.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII   Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII EmptyJune 26th 2012, 11:14 pm

He is right about one thing: "If [we] were to release a 7 remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with."

If they were to release a remake of 7 right now, millions of people would buy it and they'd never buy another Square Enix product. I'd be willing to bet both of my trombones that a remake of 7 would be their swan song.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII   Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII EmptyJune 26th 2012, 11:15 pm

Bittersweet article. At least we know he's not diluted into thinking their games keep getting better with the graphics or anything like that. Admittance is the first step towards a turnaround.

IMO, what they need to do is take hints from the old games and expand on them instead of trying something new this time. As fucking retarded as that sounds, it's a smart move for them. Look at Sega right now. In the mid 2000's they had what we thought was an irredeemable franchise in Sonic. But once they found something else that worked, they didn't change it again. They have expanded on Sonic Unleashed's daytime gameplay and have done their best to optimize that.

In Square's case, they can do what I mentioned above, but fans aren't happy with that right now. In which case they need to call back to the old games and expand on them instead.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII   Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII EmptyJune 26th 2012, 11:18 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
He is right about one thing: "If [we] were to release a 7 remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with."

If they were to release a remake of 7 right now, millions of people would buy it and they'd never buy another Square Enix product. I'd be willing to bet both of my trombones that a remake of 7 would be their swan song.

I beg to differ with that one. If that's the case, then they'll never release FF7.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII   Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII Empty

Back to top Go down

Yoichi Wada admits company isn’t making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games :: Final Fantasy-
Jump to: