The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gun Control

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Strider Zero
Agen Kolar
Raz
Prince Doebler
m21out
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Gun Control - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 20th 2012, 10:10 pm

How the hell did he get all that stuff? Was he like ex-military or ex-cop that smuggled body armor and the likes?
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Major STRYFE
Citizen
Citizen
Major STRYFE

Male Number of posts : 70
Name : Nothing you need to know
Quote : Yay
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2012, 6:28 am

Kaio wrote:
He DID get all those weapons through legal means.

I'm sure nothing will happen to gun laws though. In fact, they might even get loosened because "this might have been averted if the rest of the theater was carrying guns too and was able to shoot him".

Yes, I've already seen that argument thrown around.
Wow that makes sense, just in case someone in the theater brings in a gun and starts to shoot others people should have the right to get bring guns to fight back wonder how that will turn out
@strider no he was at the top of his class and he was taking honors he was basically a genius, he got everything legally i believe except the tear gas he was also 24
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2012, 3:31 pm

See, that's a good example of where we definitely need to limit weapon control. He legally got explosives that even bomb technicians had trouble disarming? That's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2012, 3:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
America really needs to do something about this. I don't know if he had those weapons legally or not, but either way how did a guy who'd do that get this shit. The fact he had body armour is fucked up to. I don't see a reason for those to be available to the public.
To be fair, it would be better if everyone could have body armour instead of guns.
Back to top Go down
Major STRYFE
Citizen
Citizen
Major STRYFE

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 22nd 2012, 12:25 am

Raz wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
America really needs to do something about this. I don't know if he had those weapons legally or not, but either way how did a guy who'd do that get this shit. The fact he had body armour is fucked up to. I don't see a reason for those to be available to the public.

To be fair, it would be better if everyone could have body armour instead of guns.
I agree but they realy dont need either otherwise the incident could happen again how about you limit one gun per household, that way you dont get four guns. And no assault rifles, seriously the reason for owning guns is self defense, why not just use a freaking pistol, this would also lead to alot less serious incidents
@strider i highly doubt those explosives were legal
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 22nd 2012, 4:06 am

Major STRYFE wrote:
Raz wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

I agree but they realy dont need either otherwise the incident could happen again how about you limit one gun per household, that way you dont get four guns. And no assault rifles, seriously the reason for owning guns is self defense, why not just use a freaking pistol, this would also lead to alot less serious incidents
@strider i highly doubt those explosives were legal
I am on the side of limiting guns to farms and shit where they're actually needed, I agree that citizens shouldn't have access to them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 22nd 2012, 1:26 pm

The average guy is not smart enough to booby trap his house.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Major STRYFE
Citizen
Citizen
Major STRYFE

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 22nd 2012, 6:56 pm

Yeah and that is why he was the top of his class thats not ordinary
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 23rd 2012, 6:46 pm

Gun Control - Page 2 487256_417278218323245_865269914_n
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 23rd 2012, 9:36 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
You have gun laws now and they're really crap and basically allow this stuff to happen.

Also tell me how people having guns solved this problem?

Were you and your buddies to busy protecting yourself from Mexico?
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 24th 2012, 4:44 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
That's a pretty ignorant argument. Have a look at the statistics of shootings in countries that restrict firearms, then compare them to America. I'll get you started: http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current%20series/tandi/261-280/tandi269/view%20paper.aspx

Criminals won't know where to get them if they aren't readily available, your assertion that everyone who would otherwise use a gun to commit some kind of crime would be in with a black market is ludicrous. On top of that, provided they did have the means to find a way to get them, they would be far more expensive, as I have stated earlier in the topic.

Citizens having guns may not be a problem in itself as you can see from Canada and Switzerland, but clearly America is doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyJuly 24th 2012, 5:13 am

With heavier restriction, it also takes away spur of the moment shootings. Not every person who commits a crime with a gun plans to use it. What starts as self-defense intent ends in shooting someone over a heated argument or something like that. There are a lot of hot tempers around.

Seeing those stats above makes me think that America should definitely experiment with much heavier restrictions and then gauge from there how far we should allow it to come back.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 3:09 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
With heavier restriction, it also takes away spur of the moment shootings. Not every person who commits a crime with a gun plans to use it. What starts as self-defense intent ends in shooting someone over a heated argument or something like that. There are a lot of hot tempers around.
I completely agree with this.

Anyone who doesn't agree with this honestly is completely ignorant. If a woman comes home from work and sees her husband cheating on her, if there's a gun in her sock draw chances are she'll shoot both of them, if she's that pissed off. With a gun not at hand i'd doubt she'd pull off a double homicide +/- suicide.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyAugust 8th 2012, 7:53 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Anyone who doesn't agree with this honestly is completely ignorant. If a woman comes home from work and sees her husband cheating on her, if there's a gun in her sock draw chances are she'll shoot both of them, if she's that pissed off. With a gun not at hand i'd doubt she'd pull off a double homicide +/- suicide.
yeah, murders resulting from crimes of passion would drop loads. It's not up for debate.
Back to top Go down
Nagisa-sama.
Citizen
Citizen
Nagisa-sama.

Female Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 8:23 am

Raz wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

yeah, murders resulting from crimes of passion would drop loads. It's not up for debate.

Agreed. Watched too many Snapped episodes with my mom to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 6:44 pm

Doebler your country needs you, will you step up to the call?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204843/Mexico-prison-escape-5th-population-jail-close-US-border-escaped.html

Zero this needs to be a global announcement!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 6:53 pm

Kaio representing! But where are Raz and Neo?
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 7:47 pm

Dat Arizona state law may come in handy after all LOL.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 8:37 pm

Who says that it wasn't handy to begin with?

Really wish that I could join the hunt for these criminals. $15K per person is quite the reward.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 9:23 pm

You definitely should Doebler, you can become a vigilante and work your way up to a position of power in the law enforcement community, then impose martial law and run things however you like.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 9:27 pm

Nah. I'd actually be forcing the government out of the people's lives.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 9:31 pm

Even if we can't protect our borders...

Gun Control - Page 2 Thors-Lightning-Hammer

You can be damn sure we'll avenge them.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2012, 9:34 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Even if we can't protect our borders...

Gun Control - Page 2 Thors-Lightning-Hammer

You can be damn sure we'll avenge them.

Sig'd.

EDIT: Not if the image doesn't shrink in signatures.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2012, 1:23 pm

Wait are you guys telling me i can go to america and get paid by the government to legally shoot criminals?
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2012, 7:44 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Wait are you guys telling me i can go to america and get paid by the government to legally shoot criminals?
Sounds like my idea of a good holiday. Bountyhunting is a bit harder than it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun Control   Gun Control - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Control
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next