The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GameStop doing badly?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

GameStop doing badly? Empty
PostSubject: GameStop doing badly?   GameStop doing badly? EmptyAugust 26th 2012, 1:53 am

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/08/23/it-may-be-game-over-for-gamestop-soon/?icid=maing-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl37|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D196129

What do you guys think, is GameStop nearing the end? Going by this the rumors of Microsoft and Sony blocking used games next gen is still alive and well. If GameStop don't die now, and that turns out true. That's going to hit Gamestop hard, and will probably be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: GameStop doing badly?   GameStop doing badly? EmptyAugust 26th 2012, 1:57 am

Unfortunately GameStop has been on the decline for a while now. I spoke to a friend of mine who is a manager and he's been saying this for quite a while now.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: GameStop doing badly?   GameStop doing badly? EmptyAugust 26th 2012, 11:39 am

Yeah, I believe GameStop is doing badly. It's ranked as one of the ten worst places to work. Go to YouTube and type in silent rob GameStop. The man did 8 parts ranting on why he hated working at GameStop. Plus, its annoying buying stuff there because of the employees always hammering you about things like edge cards or asking annoying questions. (one guy asked me "what are you doing?" while I was shopping there) Plus, I don't think too many people trade in things over there, they do it online.

Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: GameStop doing badly?   GameStop doing badly? EmptyAugust 26th 2012, 11:56 am

I'm skeptical about this. I'm concerned that the rumors will indeed be true, and they do look likely. However, I sincerely doubt that gamers will go for it. If Sony and Microsoft do block used games, I think that a LOT of people will rebel/boycott the companies.

Even if these rumors turn out to be true, I don't think GameStop will be going anywhere. I think that they might have some room for being a "download station" for the gamers who do not have internet access. Though it'll definitely downsize a good deal.

Also, they can still carry some potential in the market, but not as a "mainstream" retail chain. They can start buying and selling older generations of games again. NES, Genesis, etc. Again, it'd be a major downsize, but they'd stick around.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameStop doing badly?   GameStop doing badly? Empty

Back to top Go down

GameStop doing badly?
Page 1 of 1