A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!
 
HomePortal*FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Advice Wanted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9215
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Advice Wanted   September 23rd 2012, 1:04 am

Recently, I feel like I'm going through a lot of changes mentally. Suddenly, I feel like I just don't have things straight (I know that probably doesn't make much sense, not sure how to explain it). My sleeping patterns are ridiculously bad right now, in that I'm usually up all night and I sleep in 3-4 hour increments. Sometimes I sleep on a couch or in my own bed. Depends on my mood or whatever. The days blur together too. I'm not even sure what the hell I want to do anymore. Yeah, I'm in that typical position. I'm in college (University) for something I've wanted to do for a long time, but now I'm starting to second-guess and think otherwise. I'm trying to get my shit together and have done a few random sessions of working out in attempts to somewhat bolster myself in any way I can. Also trying to find a job.

I don't think I've done it, but if I seemed on edge towards anyone recently, I apologize for that. I try hard not to take out my day on people.

I know we have a lot of different viewpoints around here and logical people, so I think I might need advice from different viewpoints from my own. I think that's necessary sometimes for personal growth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4865
Age : 29
Location : Newfoundland
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 23rd 2012, 1:33 am

Are you under much stress, anything happen recently to a loved one or something? It could possibly explain the lack of sleep if you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9215
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 23rd 2012, 1:42 am

justinlynch3 wrote:
Are you under much stress, anything happen recently to a loved one or something? It could possibly explain the lack of sleep if you are.

Stress yeah. Nothing major happened super recently. Maybe not having a car anymore and the accident is still having some lasting effects on me, but I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 23rd 2012, 1:52 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Recently, I feel like I'm going through a lot of changes mentally. Suddenly, I feel like I just don't have things straight (I know that probably doesn't make much sense, not sure how to explain it). My sleeping patterns are ridiculously bad right now, in that I'm usually up all night and I sleep in 3-4 hour increments. Sometimes I sleep on a couch or in my own bed. Depends on my mood or whatever. The days blur together too. I'm not even sure what the hell I want to do anymore. Yeah, I'm in that typical position. I'm in college (University) for something I've wanted to do for a long time, but now I'm starting to second-guess and think otherwise. I'm trying to get my shit together and have done a few random sessions of working out in attempts to somewhat bolster myself in any way I can. Also trying to find a job.

I don't think I've done it, but if I seemed on edge towards anyone recently, I apologize for that. I try hard not to take out my day on people.

I know we have a lot of different viewpoints around here and logical people, so I think I might need advice from different viewpoints from my own. I think that's necessary sometimes for personal growth.

Well I can relate to this. My advice is to stay calm and relax and I'm not just saying that. So many people get into college and don't know exactly what to do. Life isn't a race so just go out and observe some more things. If your not sure what your doing is the right thing I suggest taking a break from that class. Try something else for a semester if you miss it go back to it, if you don't then it's probably not right for you. As the sleeping thing that's a hard one for me, because I have the worst sleeping schedule. I can stay up and sleep in one day and the next I'm going to bed early and waking up early. Bottom line I think you should take it easy on your major. Try a different class and get away from it, at least this method worked for me. I wanted to do psychology at first but after reading comics and taking a break from psychology I realized that I wanted to be in the comic world. Oh and you haven't been on edge at all at least when it comes to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raz
Captain
Captain
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1770
Age : 25
Location : Just Under Down Under
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 23rd 2012, 4:23 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Recently, I feel like I'm going through a lot of changes mentally. Suddenly, I feel like I just don't have things straight (I know that probably doesn't make much sense, not sure how to explain it). My sleeping patterns are ridiculously bad right now, in that I'm usually up all night and I sleep in 3-4 hour increments. Sometimes I sleep on a couch or in my own bed. Depends on my mood or whatever. The days blur together too. I'm not even sure what the hell I want to do anymore. Yeah, I'm in that typical position. I'm in college (University) for something I've wanted to do for a long time, but now I'm starting to second-guess and think otherwise. I'm trying to get my shit together and have done a few random sessions of working out in attempts to somewhat bolster myself in any way I can. Also trying to find a job.

I don't think I've done it, but if I seemed on edge towards anyone recently, I apologize for that. I try hard not to take out my day on people.

I know we have a lot of different viewpoints around here and logical people, so I think I might need advice from different viewpoints from my own. I think that's necessary sometimes for personal growth.
That happens to so many people, my advice is to ride it out and not do anything spontaneously, and really think about why you're not enjoying it, what you can do about it, and what the consequences are of all the things you could do. That way you reduce the chances of hating your choice later on, because you'll at least know it was logically thought out at the time.

The days blurring together would most likely be a biproduct of not sleeping well and regularly, so if you can fix that problem you'll be fixing them both.

Now I think, and I'm not in any sort of position to theorise this apart from being clever (what I mean is go see a doctor or a psychologist) that your sleep issues could be caused by one of these things:
1. the accident, it's not uncommon for problems to start some time after accidents that involve some kind of trauma rather than straight away.
2. uncertainty of direction, I know exactly how you feel because I was feeling quite similar myself recently and earlier in the year, both related to my university degree. I'm not going to go too far into it, but the short answer is I wasn't sure if I really wanted to continue with law, and it caused me quite a bit of stress and had a negative impact on my sleeping and general well being.
3. It could simply be bad sleeping habits beget bad sleeping habits and the only way of kicking it is to try and force yourself back into a regular pattern.

Now I think number 2 is the quite likely, and if it is the case that means it's good news for you. It means you can fix all three of those problems by addressing the issue of what you want to do in life. I guess you could talk it out with some trusted friends or a guidance counsellor or something. Family is probably best to avoid on this topic unless you really value their input and have an exceptionally close relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9215
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 23rd 2012, 4:43 am

I think it's a combination of 2 and 3. I've had a bad sleeping regiment (Or lack thereof) for a while, but when this all popped up my habits got a bit worse.

Honestly, the sleep issues I could deal with. The uncertainty of direction is the major problem. As a thinker, I'm sure you can sympathize with me that not knowing what to do is extremely frustrating.

Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Female Number of posts : 339
Age : 2016
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 24th 2012, 3:02 am

Psych was always fun. Pssssh your not on skype. PM me the answers, or skype or e-mail use something that will give you confidentiality. This is also me screening I can't be assed to put in the time to do a proper assessment

Oh well, answer the following questions:

Regarding sleep:
Quality
Quantity
time each day
difficulty sleeping
difficulty waking
Tired on waking
Tired during the day
Do you nap


Can you enjoy things
How are your energy levels
How is your appetite
What is your mood
Heard any sounds when nothing was around
Think anyone is out to get you

oh i'm bored and i can't be assed to type any more, i'm gonna play one piece
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Neo
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 24th 2012, 8:45 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
oh i'm bored and i can't be assed to type any more, i'm gonna play one piece
Greatest doctor ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9215
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   September 25th 2012, 10:47 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Psych was always fun. Pssssh your not on skype. PM me the answers, or skype or e-mail use something that will give you confidentiality. This is also me screening I can't be assed to put in the time to do a proper assessment

Oh well, answer the following questions:

Regarding sleep:
Quality
Quantity
time each day
difficulty sleeping
difficulty waking
Tired on waking
Tired during the day
Do you nap


Can you enjoy things
How are your energy levels
How is your appetite
What is your mood
Heard any sounds when nothing was around
Think anyone is out to get you

oh i'm bored and i can't be assed to type any more, i'm gonna play one piece

Hey, I'll get to your questions a little later today. Thanks for taking the time to survey me.


Update: As of now, I'm either transferring my degree or getting out entirely. My parents thought it best and it matches up with my thoughts and feelings. I'm feeling a lot better as of now. Thanks for everyone's support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
tazze019
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Male Number of posts : 97
Age : 30
Location : Outside your window
Name : Ezzat
Quote : Myaori kadn akkie
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   October 4th 2012, 12:05 am

I felt that way before when I was in high school. You should start doing new things like sports, etc... and interacting with new people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9215
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   October 4th 2012, 4:48 pm

My energy levels are finally returning to normal and I'm not sleeping in 3-4 hour increments anymore. I'm able to stay up a full 12-14 hours and get a good 7-10 hours of sleep. I'm making good progress. Next is finding some work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4865
Age : 29
Location : Newfoundland
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   October 4th 2012, 4:57 pm

Good to hear your doing better. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Advice Wanted   

Back to top Go down
 
Advice Wanted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs
» Tyranid Titan Advice Wanted
» WANTED NEW FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
» Wanted LOTR miniatures GW
» WANTED: Discworld games on PC &....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: The Net-
Jump to: