A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!
 
HomePortal*FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sain
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2832
Age : 25
Location : Caelin
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 4:02 am

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Capcom isn't in trouble because they clearly are at this point but for you to go and say they can't create a "simple" fighter is insane.

_________________



MFUA2 Awards:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 4:44 am

Empirewild wrote:
And I'm sorry Strider, but what I read from you is just THE PROBLEM WITH CAPCOM!

Capcom think DLC will saved them. No. Games save companies. Did DLC save Square, no. DID ANY COMPANY GET SAVED BY DLC? If anything, they made them worse. EA turned from a company who yea, made some BS decisions, but were ok to now a company that won worst company, 2 years in a row! Are they rich, yes, but damn they really fucked up some great series because of their ownership of others (Mass effect, need for speed, Battlefield, hell even Madden!)
Did you read what I said though? Capcom's DLC practices have been sub-par. We get that. But what if they were to suddenly turn around and start giving away DLC as incentive to buy their games? Capcom's bad rep these days mostly comes from bad DLC practices and just overall poor business practices.

I'll tell you one thing that Capcom does correct though. They listen to their fans to a certain extent. Capcom staff are very open with their fans and communicate regularly through Twitter and Capcom-Unity. The new Strider game would not exist if they hadn't listened to popular demand to put him in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. They had some technical issues putting him in the original, but they fought hard because he came in first in the Capcom poll of the character to put in. They could have said fuck you guys and left the Strider issue alone and could have easily put someone like Ken in who would take little to no effort in comparison to put in.

I absolutely agree with you that games are what can save Capcom. But currently, Capcom has some good games out that get bad rep because of bad DLC practices. Which, by the way, are mostly from whiney self-entitled gamers that like to bitch about everything that doesn't suit their nostalgia. Not that I'm roping you into that group.

EA has at least turned around their online pass policy, thankfully. So they have a decent chance of recovery with fan support. Capcom is no different. They can do that and more.

Like I said, White Haired DMC5 would be bitchin'. Hopefully they can make enough money from some upcoming titles to do so. They would both old fans who loved the original PS2 games and new gamers who started in the reboot.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 4:49 am

I didn't mean it in a way of technical wise. I meant it in a way that they can make these very cheaply and very fast. I mean they made 4-5 versions of Street Fighter 4 in this generation alone. So they seem to be pretty cheap to make, almost like the COD or madden of fighters (not in the way of being same shit, but more of terms of being cheaply produced).

And if they are cheaper to produce than let's say RE7 or Dragon's Dogma or hell, even Megaman.

This company is truly fucked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 5:16 am

Empirewild wrote:
I didn't mean it in a way of technical wise. I meant it in a way that they can make these very cheaply and very fast. I mean they made 4-5 versions of Street Fighter 4 in this generation alone. So they seem to be pretty cheap to make, almost like the COD or madden of fighters (not in the way of being same shit, but more of terms of being cheaply produced).

And if they are cheaper to produce than let's say RE7 or Dragon's Dogma or hell, even Megaman.

This company is truly fucked.
There's 3 versions of SFIV right now. SFIV, SSFIV and SSFIV:AE. USFIV will be the 4th. But this is nothing new. There are more versions of Street Fighter II than there are of Street Fighter IV. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Street_Fighter_video_games#Street_Fighter_II_series

Fighting games are a little different to handle than most genres of games, because changing one nuance of a game can change the entire way that it is played. So there's more of an excuse to make some extra versions with new content.

The company is in trouble now, but they are far from fucked. They can make a Capcomeback (LOL yeah, I went there).

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 5:42 am

"They listen to their fans to a certain extent." Oh so that's why Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled (Which by the way could of really helped Capcom). Or the other 3 megaman games. Or not even putting Megaman in one of the biggest fighters of this gen (MVC3 or UMVC3). Or hell, even release a Megaman X game. Or maybe, a true Resident Evil game that doesn't have QTE all the time with story more shallow than a kiddy pool. Or maybe, just maybe, they could actually released a game that would make them money (Monster hunters anyone?). Or I got it! Stop releasing regurgitated DLC like a mutilated cow.

So.............yea. Listening to their fans alright........................

Do you work for Capcom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 5:57 am

I fucking wish I could work for Capcom, as long as I didn't get laid off right away.

I didn't say they always listened to their fans. Gootecks 

They do, however, actively respond to and consider their fans. It's just that when they don't, there's a huge shitstorm because the fanbase outside of the FGC is horrible. Not as bad as the Sonic fanbase or the Naruto fanbase, but pretty damn bad.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 6:08 am

Strider Zero wrote:
I fucking wish I could work for Capcom, as long as I didn't get laid off right away.

I didn't say they always listened to their fans. Gootecks 

They do, however, actively respond to and consider their fans. It's just that when they don't, there's a huge shitstorm because the fanbase outside of the FGC is horrible. Not as bad as the Sonic fanbase or the Naruto fanbase, but pretty damn bad.
Naruto and Sonic? Isn't the Bronies the worst fanbase now.

I never said you lied, I took that statement and list all the stuff fans wanted (which would of actually helped them) and just got completely ignore. Sure SOME of the suggestion get passed through, but they seem more minor than major. I mean MML3 was a fanmade thing with lots of support and they just pulled the plug and blamed the fans.

And if you did work for Capcom, you would make Capcom be richer than any company and have gamer's support (kind of like Rockstar). I mean atleast you aren't indenial and damage control of Capcom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 6:25 am

Empirewild wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
I fucking wish I could work for Capcom, as long as I didn't get laid off right away.

I didn't say they always listened to their fans. Gootecks 

They do, however, actively respond to and consider their fans. It's just that when they don't, there's a huge shitstorm because the fanbase outside of the FGC is horrible. Not as bad as the Sonic fanbase or the Naruto fanbase, but pretty damn bad.
Naruto and Sonic? Isn't the Bronies the worst fanbase now.

I never said you lied, I took that statement and list all the stuff fans wanted (which would of actually helped them) and just got completely ignore. Sure SOME of the suggestion get passed through, but they seem more minor than major. I mean MML3 was a fanmade thing with lots of support and they just pulled the plug and blamed the fans.

And if you did work for Capcom, you would make Capcom be richer than any company and have gamer's support (kind of like Rockstar). I mean atleast you aren't indenial and damage control of Capcom.
I'm glad you think I would make a difference. Well, if I joined Capcom, I would probably be a script writer and creative thinker most likely. Of course, I would also be an admin on Capcom-Unity XD.

Joking aside, a big blow that was dealt was the whole Platinum Games thing and Seth Killian leaving. If you or anyone else doesn't know this, the majority of the top dogs over at Platinum Games came from Capcom and these people were responsible for Resident Evil 4, which got ridiculously good rep/reviews and commercial success. Now with Platinum Games, they made Metal Gear Rising Revengance and Bayonetta, which also did pretty well.

Seth Killian was an FGC member who was a pretty good Street Fighter player who worked for Capcom. He was basically the FGC representative and honestly influenced a lot of the way fighting games turned out this gen. For instance, Deadpool was given a quote from IFC Yipes in MvC3. If you don't know who IFC Yipes is, he is a very influential player and color commentator for Capcom fighting games.





Most likely, that was Seth's doing. So yeah, Capcom's staff has taken some major hits over the past four years, so it's honestly no surprise that they're not doing as well as they could be doing.

Btw, MLP definitely has one of the worst fanbases as well. I moderated MangaFox's Naruto section for 10 months where it was the most active manga section out of all of them. And man, it got bad at times. So bad that we had to start banning people for 3 days if they made a redundant thread.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Sain
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2832
Age : 25
Location : Caelin
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 6:38 am

Honestly the only reason why bronies attack people is because the other guys go "LOL u liek MLP, ur gay!" and shit like that. If you don't attack them, they won't attack you. It's the same way with the furries. The thing is the idiots on the internet don't realize this, and it's also why I was able to deal with the porn spamming trolls. I didn't attack them or disrespect them so they respected that I wanted to have MF stay.


Oh hey, it's something we all should have learned in elementary school! Give others respect and they will respect you! Now there are bronies and furries that will attack you anyway but I think those ones are just trolls that aren't REAL bronies or furries. My best friend irl is a brony, he doesn't let it get between us even though I can't stand MLP FiM. That is what a real brony is like.

---

Back onto topic, most likely those games got cancelled due to the better members of Capcom's staff wanting to develop games like Street Fighter and MvC, and then the "leftover" staff members were doing a subpar job.

_________________



MFUA2 Awards:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 8:18 am

Oh shit! I forgot about Platinum games. Wow, I can't believe I forgot about them. They kind of remind me of DICE or Bioware. Good companies under the evil publishers.

After reading, I think I have a theory of why both RE and Megaman are in shit. Since both leaders left, both series have been in shits. But I don't think this was done because of wrong people, but because I think Capcom wants to spite those who leave them.........................

I mean with Inafune making Mighty No.9, it's seems like with cancelled games, not putting Megaman (or any variation) on their fighting games with the exception of TXSF, but let's be real people, getting the Megaman off that horrendous American box art is fucking disgraceful and disrespectful, it seems like Capcom is using Megaman to disrespect his creator. I mean the only person who used Megaman is Nintendo, which is more than Capcom has done with the character in 5 years. That's pathetic.


Also Strider, if you meet anyone from Capcom Europe, give them a good slap in the fucking face for disrespecting the fans after the MML3 cancellation. Fucking chodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 9:26 am

A lot of the older staff retired as well with old age and such.

It's kind of an odd thing, but Namco Bandai have been the ones using Mega Man for some reason like in Project X Zone, although that was probably Capcom's say.

Lol, the death threats that Capcom got for MML3...that was just downright stupid. It was a poor decision though to cancel it.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Sain
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2832
Age : 25
Location : Caelin
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 1:57 pm

Megaman was in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. Try again, EW.

_________________



MFUA2 Awards:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 3:57 pm

TvC was also released in 08, almost 09. Since then, Capcom has definitely cut down on the Mega Man stuff other than releasing Mega Man 10, which I enjoyed. I'm just glad Zero made it in TvC and UMvC3.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 21st 2013, 5:55 pm

Sain wrote:
Megaman was in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. Try again, EW.
That was like almost 5 years ago.......When Megaman was actually used. So try again Sain. And what company doesn't put their main game series (which by the way basically started Capcom) and doesn't put ANY VARIATIONS of him in a game like MVC. I mean they had 3 Megamans on that poll and all 3 got the top 20! I mean we had Megaman, X, and hell, even fucking EXE was their. If people think Megaman is an afterthought at Capcom, than you are fucking crazier than me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sain
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2832
Age : 25
Location : Caelin
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 24th 2013, 3:35 am

How about the fact that they have ZERO in the MvC games, you know, the second most popular Mega Man character (counting the variatons of Megaman as one, like you are).

Don't say they don't put shit in from their main series. That is a blatant lie. If you said "their mascot" it would be a much better sentence.

_________________



MFUA2 Awards:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   October 24th 2013, 10:25 am


_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Female Number of posts : 339
Age : 2016
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 20th 2013, 5:56 pm

The reason Capcom is terrible is the consumers fault, I could waste my time and try to explain that to TC, but then he'd start calling them crapcom.

Anyway its a bad thing, Resident Evil and the fighting games Capcom make are great. The awful fans who said they refused to buy RE6 because it had too much content are the exact people causing the problem with excessive amounts of DLC.

I'll get Strider HD day 1 most likely.

Also they are doing another release of monster hunter on PS3/4 and vita, that will put them back in black again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 20th 2013, 11:23 pm

Consumer's fault? No, forget the shady business practices, failed promises, games with clutters of DLC that aren't even worth, cancelled games, and shit loads of others.

Resident Evil is good? So milking the series from Survival Horror of 1-4 (Though 4 was in a the third-person perspective, it managed to still have it's RE roots.) to an "assessable" action game. Same shit happened to Silent Hill and Dead Space. Now all three series are regretting it. 5 only sold so well because it got it's rep from 4. With a bad taste of 5, 6 sold like shit. (well in terms of them atleast)

I am not going through Street Fighter again. Strider isn't much of seller (In terms of sales wise, don't know much about game)

And did anyone forget about Dead Rising 3 and Deep within? Oh wait, because they are on Xbox One...............Yea................

Great way to get sales Capcom! (Notice the sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 20th 2013, 11:30 pm

Thing is, RE4 was just legitimately a fantastic game in its own right. RE5 is a fun game at least, but because they strayed from the story and took out a lot of the horror aspects to it, fans stopped the buck there. RE6 took what they were doing from 4 to 5 and just went overboard with it. Just this super serious bzns game that was pretty much full blown action game (from what I know/played of the game at least).

The sucky thing is that the people responsible for RE4 are at Platinum now. But at least they can put out all their own content like Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Female Number of posts : 339
Age : 2016
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 21st 2013, 10:51 am

@TC

Resident evil 5 is the best selling game that capcom ever made. Now considering your talking about riding a hype train you are clueless as to why that can't be true. Secondly:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-resident-evil-6-felt-bloated-resident-evil-7-will-return-to-survival-horror-roots/

That happened because idiots were insisting that the game was too big and long to platinum or or just too long adding to there backlog. People complained about DLC on 5 so on 6 capcom reduced the DLC to nonessential stuff. People's reaction they didn't buy the game. They also called it the worst resident evil.

RE4 really is not very good and seriously the fact you called RE4 survival horror just shows how much of a joke you are. I saw you make previous topics insulting Capcom for genuinely no good reason. There's a reason why they are still are so important to the game industry.

I don't even need to go into detail about why what you're saying is so very wrong, because even barely mentioning stuff on the topic, you're just coming across as a kid who didn't play any Capcom games growing up, clearly wasn't old enough to play the original trilogy of RE games and most likely doesn't know who Strider or mega man is.

RE5 was what the fans asked for, but the 'vocal fans' you can basically read that as internet trolls who have too much spare time on their hands as they weren't playing RE5, decided to say the game was terrible. Mercs and mercs reunion in 5 are probably the best game modes RE series has ever had to offer.

@Zero:
This pretty much reminds me of that pic with the creator of Zelda where he keeps changing Zelda games to what the fans want and then tehy want him to do it like another game instead.

EDIT: Also if capcom dies, fighting games will most likely got shit and we can kiss decent zombie games goodbye. People not buying there prodicts to boycott there business practice means they have to look to other fans, so that is the real reason we are getting games less like the ones we wanted. The fans abandoned Capcom not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Female Number of posts : 339
Age : 2016
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 21st 2013, 10:55 am

Lets also not forget stupid people caused franchises like Viewtiful Joe and God Hand to die, somehow Okami survived, but we still haven't got a sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 21st 2013, 2:17 pm

Is that why they shut down Clover? Not enough support? Because those are also IPs that were done by people that are now at Platinum Games.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
avatar

Female Number of posts : 339
Age : 2016
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 21st 2013, 4:21 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Is that why they shut down Clover? Not enough support? Because those are also IPs that were done by people that are now at Platinum Games.
God Hand sold abyssmally, I know i saw viewtiful Joe brand new for £2. I think thats literally the cheapest i've seen a game for for a current gen console (at the time). I am confused about Okami, lots of people claim its great but it was often in the bargain bin.

That means either people buy their games and trade them in, rent them or a lot of the fanboys don't put their money where their mouth is. Its why I generally only buy new so I know my money is going to the developers. Honestly if you aren't buying games new, your money isn't funding the industry, there's really jack shit to complain about. The only people supporting Capcom currently are the people buying DLC, as whether you buy used or new, you have to buy DLC right from the developer. People don't seem to get that. If thats where Capcom are generating revenue, and from rereleases of street fighter (which people apparently don't trade in or only trade in when value drops as next one is announced), can you blame them for their business practices?

Whats worse is when Capcom support new IPs i.e. Remember Me (I might add one of the only new IPs on this gen thats ending) also don't forget Dragons Dogma from last year. Losers end up getting there pitchforks and calling them Crapcom and try to make out they are just money grabbing.

So do people want the devs that capcom supports to go under? Some of the only new IPs coming up? Those are teh questions you should be asking yourself when you make big issues with Capcom, and ignore companies like EA who take great developers and force them to make shitty games i.e. the decline from ME2 to ME3 or DA:O to DA2. Or lets not forget how crap Criterion are now compared to PS2 days as well (although I did enjoy Hot pursuit, its nowhere as good as the PS2 burnout games).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9213
Location : McNeil Village
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 21st 2013, 6:11 pm

This reminds me so much of the Naruto fanbase. They literally bitch at every chapter even when something happens that they previously wanted.

TBH I didn't hear about God Hand until a few years ago. I don't think they advertised that game very well. I played VJ as it came out though and it was pretty awesome.

Dragon's Dogma is a good game. Dunno why people rag on it. Is it because it's similar to Skyrim and Dark Souls? There were some clever mechanics in that game especially.

Btw Buu, now that you mention Mercs, you remember when we wrecked shit on RE5 Mercenaries online? That shit was pretty hype.

_________________
Mystic Blogs
My Anime/Manga List

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Empirewild
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1545
Age : 21
Location : Hyrule Castle
Name : Cody
Quote : I stil breath on this planet..........for now
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   November 21st 2013, 9:06 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
@TC

Resident evil 5 is the best selling game that capcom ever made.  Now considering your talking about riding a hype train you are clueless as to why that can't be true. 
Only because of RE4. RE5 had everything riding on it to surpass 4. RE5 was so much of a disaster (In terms of quality), that is why 6 sold so badly (In term of Capcom standards)


Superbuu3 wrote:
Secondly:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-resident-evil-6-felt-bloated-resident-evil-7-will-return-to-survival-horror-roots/

That happened because idiots were insisting that the game was too big and long to platinum or or just too long adding to there backlog.  People complained about DLC on 5 so on 6 capcom reduced the DLC to nonessential stuff.  People's reaction they didn't buy the game.  They also called it the worst resident evil.
I did actually play RE6. It was horrible. Is it the worst in term of the entire franchise? No. But in terms of the main series, it was atrocious mess. (Kind of like FF13 was bad, but not the worst FF game) Yes, they did reduce the DLC, so I won't complain too much on that. And so what some people reacted to not buying it. If you didn't like 5, why the holy hell would you buy 6. Maybe I should of thought of that before I bought it. I tried to give RE another chance, but this blew it

Superbuu3 wrote:
RE4 really is not very good and seriously the fact you called RE4 survival horror just shows how much of a joke you are.  I saw you make previous topics insulting Capcom for genuinely no good reason.  There's a reason why they are still are so important to the gameindustry .
I wouldn't call RE4 all survival horror. But compare it to 5, 4 is somewhat survival horror. Trust me, sticking to old school 1, 2, and 3 would of been repetitive after awhile. RE4 tried to mix both action and horror. Did they do well, in my eyes, yes. Not too much action to make a crappy Micheal Bay movie, but enough horror to still get some scares.

Superbuu3 wrote:
I don't even need to go into detail about why what you're saying is so very wrong, because even barely mentioning stuff on the topic, you're just coming across as a kid who didn't play any Capcom games growing up, clearly wasn't old enough to play the original trilogy of RE games and most likely doesn't know who Strider or mega man is.
This to me is something I feel like you have no knowledge of my gaming history.

I been playing Capcom games since I was two. Sure, I wasn't around for Megaman's beginnings or hell even Strider. I played a lot of Megaman games to notice why Capcom is even here. Megaman made Capcom, fact. No Megaman=No Capcom. Sure I wasn't old enough to care about why RE 1-3 was good in my younger days, but sorry my parents didn't fuck earlier. I am sorry for that Superbuu. But when I did realize why RE 1-3 were such masterpieces (in terms of gameplay and story sometimes, well, maybe the voice acting way horribly funny). I don't need to be born to be part of Capcom's great days, I need to experience them to realize it. That's like saying people who are born in the 2000s can't enjoy old rock and roll when they are mostly dominated by hip-hop. I was cluttered with these FPS, but I still managed to play a whole bunch of games in different genres. At one point, Capcom was one of my favorite video game company. Sure they were greedy, but I could say that to every fucking business ever. It's just when greed gets the better of you, you got to realize to stop supporting it to see a better change for the company. If they don't listen, not my fault.

Superbuu3 wrote:
RE5 was what the fans asked for, but the 'vocal fans' you can basically read that as internet trolls who have too much spare time on their hands as they weren't playing RE5, decided to say the game was terrible.  Mercs and mercs reunion in 5 are probably the best game modes RE series has ever had to offer.
RE5 was they asked for, but it's something we didn't want when the final product was out. Vocal fan=Troll now. Fuck me for having a voice and not being a little sheep. Let's see how our US government runs without vocals out there. That was just a stupid statement. Some of them are trolls, but most are people with real opinions who actually dislike the game and have played it. Mercs, yes while I'll admit it was fun, got old quickly.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Also if capcom dies, fighting games will most likely got shit and we can kiss decent zombie games goodbye.  People not buying there prodicts to boycott there business practice means they have to look to other fans, so that is the real reason we are getting games less like the ones we wanted.  The fans abandoned Capcom not the other way around.
Fighting games are already in the shit hole thanks to Capcom. They made day one and disc locked DLC a staple to fighting games (and other games too, but other companies of course helped). Fighting games without SF would make zero difference, since this isn't the fucking 90s anymore.

Decent zombies games? They are hundreds of zombie games, losing Capcom wouldn't make zombie games bad, just we lose RE (unless someone buys the franchise).


Superbuu3 wrote:
God Hand sold abyssmally, I know i saw viewtiful Joe brand new for £2. I think thats literally the cheapest i've seen a game for for a current gen console (at the time). I am confused about Okami, lots of people claim its great but it was often in the bargain bin.

That means either people buy their games and trade them in, rent them or a lot of the fanboys don't put their money where their mouth is. Its why I generally only buy new so I know my money is going to the developers. Honestly if you aren't buying games new, your money isn't funding the industry, there's really jack shit to complain about. The only people supporting Capcom currently are the people buying DLC, as whether you buy used or new, you have to buy DLC right from the developer. People don't seem to get that. If thats where Capcom are generating revenue, and from rereleases of street fighter (which people apparently don't trade in or only trade in when value drops as next one is announced), can you blame them for their business practices?
I will admit, games like Viewtiful Joe, God's hand, and Okami (as much as I hate Okami) should of sold like wild fire. This was during a time were Capcom was probably at it's peak. I can probably see why Joe didn't sold (aka Gamecube), but Okami and God's Hand? I guess the hype for them wasn't much, which is kind of sad, because during those times, I was probably supporting Capcom to almost fanboyism levels. Does that mean they have to reduce themselves to making DLC like crazy, no. Sure, DLC can be great to some degrees, but making them like Capcom (with the exception of one which I'll get to later) is borderline insane. EA does the same thing. Why does it work for them, I have no clue. Making even more DLC isn't going to help them. DLC should be something to be done AFTER the game is done and time has passed. Hell, if they release the special whatever editions for SF4 to dlc instead of full 60 dollars games (Aka, keeping SF4 alive), that would been better.

You know before I continue. Despite all the shit talking I been saying about Capcom, I have not once called them Crapcom. If I have, then my apologize.


Superbuu3 wrote:
Whats worse is when Capcom support new IPs i.e. Remember Me (I might add one of the only new IPs on this gen thats ending) also don't forget Dragons Dogma from last year. Losers end up getting there pitchforks and calling them Crapcom and try to make out they are just money grabbing.


So do people want the devs that capcom supports to go under? Some of the only new IPs coming up? Those are teh questions you should be asking yourself when you make big issues with Capcom, and ignore companies like EA who take great developers and force them to make shitty games i.e. the decline from ME2 to ME3 or DA:O to DA2. Or lets not forget how crap Criterion are now compared to PS2 days as well (although I did enjoy Hot pursuit, its nowhere as good as the PS2 burnout games).
I admit, Dragon's Dogma was a game I enjoyed *LE GASP* EMPIRE ENJOYs A CAPCOM GAME IN MODERN TIMES, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!?

Dragon's Dogma, though very flawed, was fucking fun. And they can make DLC that isn't bullshit? Holy shit. Sure they have some here and there, but Dark Arisen. I felt like I was playing a Bethesda game all of sudden. With also the fantastic RE Revelations, I thought maybe Capcom might get their shit together. I decide RE6 was going to be the deciding game.

Boy that was a bad game to leave the deciding factor. I knew not to hype for RE6 too much, atleast an ounce better than RE5 would been all I need. It was much, much worse than 5.

Maybe wishing Capcom to die is too harsh, but why should they be here. Why would it make gaming better if they live? Just to see more franchise ruin? Great, we have some good games here and there. We could say the same to EA, but should we support them for their decision?

EA can make good games (Or at least the companies they own, like Capcom), but you say bad stuff at them, but leave Capcom alone? Hell, even EA can fix themselves up. It's like both companies take 1 step forward, 20 steps back.

Maybe all the shit I talked about, maybe I am too harsh on Capcom, but I don't want this to be an influence to other companies. I only want to see Capcom die, so it'll teach a lesson, that messing with the fans will screw you over. But at the same time, I want Capcom to succeed for making good games, like EA. I have let my hate take the better of me a bit, but am I really completely wrong? I am not saying liking Capcom makes you a piece of shit (once again, if I did this before hand to anyone else, I apologize). But you can't say everything Capcom is doing is all fine and dandy. That's why I have no problem with Strider, since he sees the BS, but can still support Capcom when it's ok too. You on the other hand seem fine with this. All I want to know is why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   

Back to top Go down
 
Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Get 5 dollars off on a Bear 10 dollars or more :D
» WoW hits 12 million subscribers because of whom?
» Capcom Considering Localisation
» Capcom Screws Up Again: No Online
» The Left-Handed Swordsman

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: