The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GTA 5

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 25th 2013, 10:38 pm

I am surprised no one did a topic on this game.

When it comes to good gaming companies of our time, Rockstar is usually in the trust of gamers with others like Bethesda or Valve. GTA 5 is one of the greatest games I ever played. Perfect? No. Masterpiece? Indeed. I am happy for the entire main story and outside. It was a great game......

Hopefully online will be the same as well. I would put Rockstar is number 1 game company of in the "Hall of Good Game companies" who doesn't fuck over gamers, but they ruined it with one thing. Microtransactions. Sure, it's like the game is incomplete game *cough*Capcom*EA*Cough* But it's still bullshit. Come on Rockstar, don't start like this.

So what do you think of GTA 5.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 25th 2013, 11:00 pm

Isn't the online going to be free for GTA 5? I've seen some gameplay for this and it looks pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 25th 2013, 11:06 pm

Online will be great and all, but microtransactions? We should of all learn from Diablo 3 that MT is BS. Hopefully we'll do the same thing like with Diablo and get it rid of. Sure, you still got to be good to get all the shit, but it's just make things too easy.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 12:35 am

What micro transactions are in the game?
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 7:26 am

You pay real money to get the virtual money in the GTA 5 multiplayer. So you can get stuff quicker. However, you still got be in a certain rank to get the stuff.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 1:22 pm

Ah so like facebook games.

You don't NEED real money, but using real money helps you get stuff faster.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptySeptember 26th 2013, 4:38 pm

I see your view, but it makes the game kind of unbalanced then. But we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Well that's disappointing Rockstar.   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 20th 2013, 3:55 am

On GTA Online in a recent patch Rockstar has reduced payout levels on races. A race that used to give $13,000 now gives $2,000. You have any idea how torturous it will be to buy and upgrade stuff with $2,000 a race? Very. It took forever to buy and upgrade a lot of stuff with $13,000 a race, let alone $2,000.

I figured Rockstar was still one of the few respectable companies, but you know what this is. They want to almost force you into using real money to exchange for in game money.

I hope Rockstar pisses a lot of people off so they change things back to how it was.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 21st 2013, 10:23 pm

Man, what a disappointment.

I really want this multiplayer to be epic, what did I get, 2 months of crap.

So I'll explain my journey through the world of GTA Online.

First of all, I didn't start until 2 weeks after the online came out. Why? Because it wouldn't work.

So I create my horrible looking character with that horrendous character customization. After that, I beat the first few tutorial stuff and finally got to the game at level 5. After getting to level 13, I stopped playing. After coming back, I realize my character was gone. After one day of waiting, my character was found out to be delete. So I had to start ALL OVER.

So after a month of work, I made to level 50, and bought the expensive 400,000 house. I did everything i could and I was bored. So I join this crew and they gave me a car I sell for over 123,000 with an exploit. I admit, I decide to ignore it. Then I heard Rockstar was going to reduce payouts for mission.

So I said fuck it and cheat my way through the system (kind of like in GTA Very Happy)

Before the Beach Bum pack, I had expensive cars left and right, jacked up, and by the time the pack came out, I had around 5 million dollars for back up.

I am now a 64, with all the cars I wanted, most expensive houses. I got bored after words. Sure, I did spoiled my fun, but I wasn't having fun. I was grinding, doing repetitive races and missions and was done with everything.

Well, I might come back once more content comes out (Which are free thankfully) So what would I do to fix the game. I got a whole list.

1. Get rid of the bad sport. First of all, isn't this whole game on being a bad criminal, blowing up someone's car that is insured should only let you have to pay the damages, that's all. No need to send someone to bad server for having fun. I didn't get bad sport, but when you do, I heard it was hell.

2. Better content. For 500 missions, I see repetitive shit all over the places. How about missions with actual story or backstory or hell, anything new. After stealing crack for the 1000x, I kind of get sick of it.

3. Make your own missions. I know this sounds crazy, but imagine instead of just races and deathmatches, you can make your own missions. Make your own payout (For reasonable amount that won't be used as an exploit) make objectives, etc, etc. I know this sounds crazy, but this would breed great potential for custom online missions.

If you want to add more, do so if you want.

I am not going to separate GTA 5 and online, since they are the package game I got. GTA 5 imo is an 8 game. GTA 5's single player is a masterpiece of fun, but online, could of done WAAAY better.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2012-03-26

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:39 pm

A normal person would say GTAV is worth buying for the SP alone. The level of content is so high that it warrants the purchase, online is repetitive, but very few games have an online that isn't repetitive. Are you actually going to act like GTA V isn't worth getting just because you weren't a fan of the MP, saying its an 8 is hugely misleading especially when we live in a generation where people insist 8 is an average game.

Microtransactions are terrible, but until consumers learn not to be stupid how can i blame a company from making free money from stupid people.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 10:36 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
A normal person would say GTAV is worth buying for the SP alone.  The level of content is so high that it warrants the purchase, online is repetitive, but very few games have an online that isn't repetitive.  Are you actually going to act like GTA V isn't worth getting just because you weren't a fan of the MP, saying its an 8 is hugely misleading especially when we live in a generation where people insist 8 is an average game.

Microtransactions are terrible, but until consumers learn not to be stupid how can i blame a company from making free money from stupid people.
Yes, GTA V single player is worth the whole 60 bucks, but you can't just ignore multiplayer. It's part of GTA V, regardless of Rockstar's attempt to separate it.

I never said GTA V isn't worth it. An 8 in my mind, is a worth buying game. This is however only on opinion.

GTA V as a whole is an 8, with the SP being obviously a 10 and the online being at best maybe a 7 or 6. If you like an awesome SP game, GTA V is a damn well purchase, MP, not so much.

Also for microtransactions................If Consumers were so stupid, then why the hell is GTA V the fastest selling entertainment product ever (for now) getting 1 billion in 3 days. Consumers aren't stupid. If they aren't please, consumers don't buy. Simple. If they are, they buy. I don't see why Rockstar need this. They made plenty of money from GTA V, with a PC version yet to be released. Sure, GTA isn't obviously the only suspects of doing this. This just make Rockstar look desperate in my eyes. So far, they haven't nearly went into the levels fucked up by other companies, but I'll have to keep a close eye of them. So will see.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 3:40 pm

People are buying next gen consoles to play CoD... I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 10:08 pm

Ok, maybe some consumers are stupid, but not all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 30th 2013, 1:41 am

Buying in game currency has to be the worst type of dlc out there, I don't think there's any justification for it because its existence means a game is grindy and not fun to play... which then begs the question why are you spending money on said game. There's definitely a huge number of consumers who buy into it. CoD selling maps from the old game without updating gameplay really makes you wonder why people are buying maps they arelady own. Especially when new maps often contain copy pasyed sections from old maps. Its baffling. BTW not saying there's anything wrong with liking CoD just a lot of this stuff is pretty appalling.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 EmptyNovember 30th 2013, 2:48 am

I totally agree. Buying in game currency is the worst type of dlc out there. Something like GTA V online should be fun to play in the open world. But the punishment system and just plain assholes makes the game unfun unless you got a couple of friends playing with.

I normally would be fine with Rockstar's DLC since we seen from TLAD and BOGT that DLC isn't just to add small BS here and there, but almost similar to Expansion packs. Which is what I want my DLC to be, EXPANSIONS. Not trivial bullshit.

But now I see Rockstar just being everyone else. Funny coming from a company that made a in game commercial making fun of DLC.

Why did people bought GTA V, because it look damn good. GTA V in terms of single player, didn't fail (unlike another game) but multiplayer... Damn did it suck

Sad part is that GTA online is all we got. With COD, we have Battlefield. With GTA, we only got Saints Row. Not too much of competition for Rockstar.

So I am happy for 1 billion in 3 days, but I am skeptical that Rockstar will just be like EA and Activision. Hope I am wrong.

COD is like the Transformers of Video Games. Just their to please morons. Even Actvision call COD players "Not gamers." Just sheep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTA 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTA 5   GTA 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTA 5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: