The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony could be possibly fucked......

Go down 
+2
Strider Zero
????
6 posters
AuthorMessage
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Sony could be possibly fucked...... Empty
PostSubject: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyFebruary 8th 2014, 2:52 am

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-ceo-credibility-takes-hit-with-1-1-billion-loss-forecast.html

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

I know this isn't the first time they lost money (still a lot though), But 79% of bankruptcy in the next 2 years!

Holy shit.

Despite the ironic fact that Sony is sadly the most into releasing games after game while Microsoft is doing 180s and 360s (hell even they are rumored of leaving the gaming business, though those are just rumors) and Nintendo's "Please understand we can't released shit."

Now of course, this is NOT guarantying that Sony will die in the next few years, but the amount of money they been losing with PS3 and Vita.

I know, Sony isn't just playstation, but I would be honest to say that Playstation is the money maker.

Now is Sony not a perfect company, hell in the last generation we saw 599 us dollars, the PSN hackings, the Move, PSP and Vita's entire existence, and more. But it seems like Sony still wants to make games.

If the Playstation brand does die, gaming could be possibly fuck. Microsoft would utterly monopolize the US and European market, meanwhile, Nintendo, well, they'll just take ALL of Japan for themselves, both losing care for making games, which in turn will effect the other companies, leading to a whole big ol crash.

Sony is the bridge for both markets. We can't lose Sony, hell, we need all three companies. Nintendo for keeping the cool innovations up (though they need to update their hardware), Sony for bringing the games (though they need to fix their money issue), and Microsoft.............well.......to have an American console maker. I guess......(Which they need games!)

All three (Maybe 4 with Valve) are pillars, losing one will destroy the foundation, which is gaming.

Of course, this is all speculation of course, but it's a scary thought.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyFebruary 8th 2014, 11:28 am

I think Sony will be okay in the long run. If this does end up happening though, I'll just switch to PC gaming either forever or until I can afford to keep up an XBONE live subscription.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyFebruary 8th 2014, 1:14 pm

Sony will either

a) Find a way to turn things around.
b) Cut most of their other electronics and go into gaming as their main focal point.
c) Sell off the Playstation brand if they do go under.

Either way I can't see Playstation going anywhere. PS1 and PS2 was a massive success, PS3 stated bad but turned things around in the final few years, now PS4 is leading the pack out the gate.

I don't know who would buy Playstation, probably Apple or Valve so they they'd have a home console to go hand in hand with their smartphone/online services. But point is, whatever Sony outcome (though I hope they survive), Playstation will likely stick around.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyFebruary 8th 2014, 2:04 pm

PS3, despite being a second place winner, didn't earn a single profit from the console till 2012, near well the end of the lifecycle. If Apple even thinks of touching the PS brand, I would scream because we seen their efforts of gaming and so far, they been shit. If Valve did get, well, maybe that could be a good thing.

And if we have switch, I'll go PC forever. Which is partially what I am doing.

Though the Playstation brand MIGHT not die (unless Sony pulls a Nintendo and say "Fuck you, we're going down with all of our games")
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyMarch 8th 2014, 1:38 pm

I think you posted this on my forum and I made fun of you there, so just assume I wrote something similar.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 5:09 am

If there are 2 things we should know it's...

A) EW overreacts to everything he reads online
B) Nintendo would never just go "fuck the fans" and make shit game after shit game just cause Sony is gone.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 12:46 pm

Sain wrote:
If there are 2 things we should know it's...

A) EW overreacts to everything he reads online
B) Nintendo would never just go "fuck the fans" and make shit game after shit game just cause Sony is gone.

Boom.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... EmptyMarch 13th 2014, 12:58 pm

Yeah price gouging doesn't really work in video games or the opposite of lowering budget for same price. The game industry would die and Nintendo would go under. If Nintendo is good at one thing, it's keeping Japan happy now.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony could be possibly fucked......   Sony could be possibly fucked...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony could be possibly fucked......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: