The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What music do you like best?

Go down 
+11
Vergil
Kimarous
Chulance
Cloud
ArmorZeroX
Saix
Sain
Ryu
justinlynch3
Strider Zero
Roy Mustang
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite kind of music?
Rock
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left29%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 29% [ 10 ]
Rap
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left9%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Country
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left3%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jazz
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left3%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Soul
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left6%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Rock-rap mix
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left6%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Hardcore Rock (Disturbed, Static X, etc)
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left20%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 20% [ 7 ]
Game music
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left17%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 17% [ 6 ]
Other (explain in topic)
What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_left9%What music do you like best? - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

What music do you like best? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2009, 11:52 pm

To each their own. We're not uncultured so to speak, it's just how we see rap now. A lot of hip-hop back then was a lot better than the stuff today.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

Male Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:23 am

Strider Zero wrote:
To each their own. We're not uncultured so to speak, it's just how we see rap now. A lot of hip-hop back then was a lot better than the stuff today.
that is true rap now is mostly horrible but i do listen to kanye west and lil wayne also tech n9ne
rap has gotten horrible now besides those IMO but it was much better back then now we do have random idiots just speaking nonsense the biggest one........ soulja boy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:32 am

carnagevegeta wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
that is true rap now is mostly horrible but i do listen to kanye west and lil wayne also tech n9ne
rap has gotten horrible now besides those IMO but it was much better back then now we do have random idiots just speaking nonsense the biggest one........ soulja boy Laughing
I like how you said most modern rap is horrible, then named two of the worst rappers of all time as people you like.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 8:02 am

Raz wrote:
carnagevegeta wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
I like how you said most modern rap is horrible, then named two of the worst rappers of all time as people you like.
who lol lil wayne and kanye west lol there music is not horrible
i think alot of you just dont like rap which is fine but horrible lol sorry but they are the best out right now and music is not horrible like i said must not like rap Laughing
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 9:02 am

I enjoy good rap. Kanye West and Lil Wayne are horrible excuses for musicians and are not worthy of the title. Much like Soulja Boy.

They aren't close to being the best outright now, and just saying that is an insult to all rappers who are actually worth their socks.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:01 am

Raz wrote:
I enjoy good rap. Kanye West and Lil Wayne are horrible excuses for musicians and are not worthy of the title. Much like Soulja Boy.

They aren't close to being the best outright now, and just saying that is an insult to all rappers who are actually worth their socks.
can you explain how they are bad and who is better to me they are a couple of the best
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:03 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Chulance wrote:
It's awesome! I love it I was raised with Rap and Hip-Hop.

They don't have too many repetive beats only the Choris~
Pop Lock and Drop it!(Huey)

A great song! It's Rap not singing although they have singing
Freaks Come out at night

Dude Gang Violence, drugs, BEER!, and half naked women with a good beat make aweosme songs!
Like Move, Get out the way by Luda is creative!

You just described 80% Rap in the bolded. The other 19% is money and fully naked women being fucked. (1% being good rap)

It's unoriginal, it's random thumping, and it makes rap people jump around like King Kong at the sound of two thumps. If I were "Gansta" and I were to tap randomly on a desk with no beat, chances are every rap person would be on the floor having convulsion orgasms.
you just described 80% of music in general
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:05 am

Vergil wrote:
Sweet Tooth wrote:
Toguro wrote:
Chulance wrote:
It's awesome! I love it I was raised with Rap and Hip-Hop.

They don't have too many repetive beats only the Choris~
Pop Lock and Drop it!(Huey)

A great song! It's Rap not singing although they have singing
Freaks Come out at night

Dude Gang Violence, drugs, BEER!, and half naked women with a good beat make aweosme songs!
Like Move, Get out the way by Luda is creative!

You just described 80% Rap in the bolded. The other 19% is money and fully naked women being fucked. (1% being good rap)

I hate to sound like a dick but that's how I see it.
me as well i dont say sucks about music.... except for some of the artist but i like all kinds mainly rap and R and B but all kinds
even thoough R and B has taken a huge drop off so has rap but i ccan bearly listen to it anymore except for the old stuff which is fine
You're uncultured.
That's why you can't appreciate rap. And you guys are more shitty at math than me, you shouldn't use numbers as examples.

Anyway, I like everything. I don't bash other genres I just listen to whatever the fuck sounds good.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 11:55 am

ArmorZeroX wrote:
Vergil wrote:
Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is, just listen whatever you want. Don't show off or try to act cool for anyone. And if they have a problem with it, they can eat a dick.

This.

Also This
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 12:32 pm

Raz wrote:

Eh, to each their own. I don't like Kanye West and Lil Wayne either, but everyone's tastes are different I suppose.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 12:46 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:

Eh, to each their own. I don't like Kanye West and Lil Wayne either, but everyone's tastes are different I suppose.
yep even though im not the hugest fan of music
i just listen to it when im bored like walking some place or nothing to do it came in handy when i was going to school but i understand it enough
music is just an expression and your suppose to be able to hear something you can feel
thats why i like kanye west lupe fiasco and tech n9ne
i like lil wayne because of his style and attitude he puts into his music
but those are the reasons but im still not a huge fan of music
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 2:48 pm

I guess I'll be the first to say R&B/Soul. Artists like Maxwell, Ginuwine, Robin Thicke and Musiq give R&B a good name and are my favorites while artists like Chris Brown, Trey Songz and others do the complete opposite. I like new rap a little bit but prefer older rap.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 3:14 pm

m21out wrote:
I guess I'll be the first to say R&B/Soul. Artists like Maxwell, Ginuwine, Robin Thicke and Musiq give R&B a good name and are my favorites while artists like Chris Brown, Trey Songz and others do the complete opposite. I like new rap a little bit but prefer older rap.
i agree with you here but i think trey songs is ok hate chris brown though
also agree with you about rap as well
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 5:05 pm

carnagevegeta wrote:
m21out wrote:
Trey Songz has a good singing voice and all it's just they give him bad songs to sing. Invented Sex, LOL Smiley Face, Say Ahh, and Bottoms Up are good examples.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:06 pm

m21out wrote:
carnagevegeta wrote:
m21out wrote:
Trey Songz has a good singing voice and all it's just they give him bad songs to sing. Invented Sex, LOL Smiley Face, Say Ahh, and Bottoms Up are good examples.
hated say ah lol bottoms up that was i guess ok reminds me a little of when i do drink but yeah its not really a great song but i have a song for that called caribou lou by tech n9ne anyways though i hated say ah
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:27 pm

carnagevegeta wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:

i just listen to it when im bored like walking some place or nothing to do it came in handy when i was going to school but i understand it enough
music is just an expression and your suppose to be able to hear something you can feel
See, right there. Lupe Fiasco is a good rapper. Other good rappers/groups are the Beasty Boys, Hilltop Hoods and Eminem's older stuff.

Now as far as taste goes, musical genre preference is purely from person to person. But when it comes to liking music which can only be described as sub-par, it means the individual's taste is just inferior. As elitist as that sounds, it's true.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:52 pm

Raz wrote:
carnagevegeta wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:

See, right there. Lupe Fiasco is a good rapper. Other good rappers/groups are the Beasty Boys, Hilltop Hoods and Eminem's older stuff.

Now as far as taste goes, musical genre preference is purely from person to person. But when it comes to liking music which can only be described as sub-par, it means the individual's taste is just inferior. As elitist as that sounds, it's true.
it is not sub-par you have yet to describe the reasons you dont like them like them
as far as mmy taste go that is just opinon
also lupe and kanye west have alot of the same styles wich makes me question your taste
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 8:36 pm

I don't like them because neither has any talent at all. They rap about the same old shit time and time again, and it's just pathetic that people lap it up. Lupe Fiasco is completely different to Kanye West. I don't believe you have the gall to make that comparison. The very idea of you thinking they're similar in any way is just sad. It's like comparing dog food with fillet mignon. Are you deaf?

Taste is down to opinion, but it can only be accepted to an extent. If someone thought that scratching their nails against a blackboard was the highest class of musical prowess, that would make them musically retarded. Much like yourself if you enjoy Kanye and Wayne.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 9:07 pm

Raz wrote:
I don't like them because neither has any talent at all. They rap about the same old shit time and time again, and it's just pathetic that people lap it up. Lupe Fiasco is completely different to Kanye West. I don't believe you have the gall to make that comparison. The very idea of you thinking they're similar in any way is just sad. It's like comparing dog food with fillet mignon. Are you deaf?

Taste is down to opinion, but it can only be accepted to an extent. If someone thought that scratching their nails against a blackboard was the highest class of musical prowess, that would make them musically retarded. Much like yourself if you enjoy Kanye and Wayne.
obviously you know nothing of music and you are musically retarted or dont know the rap culture well enough
i can name alot of songs where even lil wayne talks about diffrent things he doesnt rap about the same old stuff its just not show on the radio or tv because they want the same old stuff
are you that ignorant that you cant even see that but what can i expect its like arguing with a 5 year old but anyways just the fact that you dont know that they rap about other things shows who is so called ...... musically retarted
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 9:28 pm

Arguing with a 5 year old eh? This is coming from the person who refuses to construct a relevant argument (like I have) or format his posts in a way which makes it easy for others to view them without actually losing intelligence. Sure. But then, what else should I expect from someone so stupid as to actually enjoy that terrible racket. You're even worse than Chulance.

No, that just means I don't subject myself to musical torture. From what I've heard, they're terrible 'artists' and don't deserve the publicity they get. Much the same as Justin Bieber, whom I actually have more respect for than the aforementioned rappers.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 9:39 pm

Oh come now, Raz. Rap is a man's soul. XD

Anyway, I think this has gone far enough. I'll lock this topic if this continues any further.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:16 pm

Raz wrote:
Arguing with a 5 year old eh? This is coming from the person who refuses to construct a relevant argument (like I have) or format his posts in a way which makes it easy for others to view them without actually losing intelligence. Sure. But then, what else should I expect from someone so stupid as to actually enjoy that terrible racket. You're even worse than Chulance.

No, that just means I don't subject myself to musical torture. From what I've heard, they're terrible 'artists' and don't deserve the publicity they get. Much the same as Justin Bieber, whom I actually have more respect for than the aforementioned rappers.
omg this idiot ok let me put an end to this with my final post so this idiot can shut up

1. you have not said anything relevant at all all you have said is these people are horrible thats it no explanation or anything

2. if you cant read sucks for you i havent spelled words incorrectly or anything i just havent used a period and if you cant read words then tough take it one step at a time anyways understand the words in front of your face then maybe i will use some punctuation

3. im stupid because i like an artist music that just shows how stupid and ignorant you are
yeah i dont like some artist.........(soulja boy) but i wouldnt say they are stupid i just dont understand their taste which would have been fine by me but you had to take it to another level i didnt even want to argue about this but hey some people need an argument and be put in his place

4.it shows you are also ignorant because you hear what is put out there you dont do any research if you think one or a couple of songs or garbage just shows how stupid and blind you are

5. that sentance with Justin Biebler just shows you have no idea what you are talking about

6. to make this simpler on your brain this quote somebody posted earlier will help you understand what i am saying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is, just listen whatever you want. Don't show off or try to act cool for anyone. And if they have a problem with it, they can eat a dick.

okay you can go ahead and lock it now if you want ryu but i never came on the board with a negative thing to say about someone elses music i dont even think its that big of a deal but some people cant realize that
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:23 pm

I understand, Cvegeta. The fact that you haven't bashed anyone else's opinion is good. I'll lock the topic but I'll throw out my opinion before.

Raz, I don't believe you handled this well at all. I know you're an awesome dude, and so I know you can do better than to just bash another member. Cvegeta, in future cases, you can report or ignore bashes like the aforementioned. Retaliation begets more retaliation. It's not against the rules, but you know how it goes down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music do you like best?   What music do you like best? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What music do you like best?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Music-
Jump to: