The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?

Go down 
+6
Rasequi0
Sain
Hellsonlychild
Roy Mustang
Strider Zero
Ponky Poo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponky Poo
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Ponky Poo

Male Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? Empty
PostSubject: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyJune 16th 2009, 11:29 am

I watch the dubs (idky, i just do)
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyJune 16th 2009, 1:26 pm

I watch the English Dub always unless there isn't an english dub of it.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Roy Mustang
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Roy Mustang

Male Number of posts : 567

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyJuly 6th 2009, 1:58 pm

It's always easier to listen in your own language. I've watched italian stuff too and it wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Hellsonlychild
Citizen
Citizen
Hellsonlychild

Male Number of posts : 32
Name : Andrew
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:43 pm

its all according to witch anime. animes like full meta alchemist, pokemon, bleach, haruhi, pani poni dash i will watch in English

but animes like, card captor sakura, lucky star, power puff girls z,ect; i will watch in Japanese
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/hellsonlychildv1
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:45 pm

Kurama wrote:
I watch the English Dub always unless there isn't an english dub of it.
Back to top Go down
Rasequi0
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Rasequi0

Male Number of posts : 171
Name : Rolando Segovia
Quote : POEMON4LIFE
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 7:50 pm

I also prefer dub cause I speak english and I can't watch the action and read subtitles at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 10:33 pm

I only watch the English Dub. For some reason I just don't like watching Sub.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 10:34 pm

There are selective few animes that I can watch in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Vergil
Citizen
Citizen
Vergil

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 9:38 pm

Dubs
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 9:40 pm

I watch DBZ and other bad dubs subbed.

The rest I watch dubbed, because a lot of the Japanese voices sound the same.

I don't mind subtitles, as I'm Dutch and grew up with them (when I was young even cartoons were in English, now it's all Dutch ugh..).
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 6:01 pm

Kaio wrote:
I watch DBZ and other bad dubs subbed.

The rest I watch dubbed, because a lot of the Japanese voices sound the same.

I don't mind subtitles, as I'm Dutch and grew up with them (when I was young even cartoons were in English, now it's all Dutch ugh..).

Kaio, you think DBZ is a bad dub?
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 6:02 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 6:03 pm

WHAT!? Why!?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 6:04 pm

The FUNi dub is quite awesome IMO. Idk whats so bad about it
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 6:16 pm

Lessee...

- The music itself is subjective taste, but I personally find the fact that Faulconer's stuff is heard ALL THE TIME incredibly annoying. Even in moments where it has no business being there, like Gohan having class in high school or people just having a regular conversation it is there. And sometimes it's completely wrong, like some stupid hardcore badass piece playing in a normal talk.

- The voices, while most are adequate and some awesome (Cell, Dabura, adult Gohan), some are downright horrendous like Freeza, #19 and #16. The fact that every single minor character needs to have some kind of accent gets annoying really fast too. Chris Sabat voices half the cast too, which is stupid too, because he hardly had any acting skills back then (he has now). Sean Schemmel is good as goofy Goku, but in serious moments he completely overacts everything, though most of that can be attributed to the lines he's given, leading me to...

- The script. The script is downright terrible and easily the worst part of the dub. From stupid off screen dialogue that ruins serious scenes like Freeza and Goku's conversation about shoelaces when VEGETA IS DYING to corny jokes that destroy characters (Piccolo is a victim to this) to changed dialogue that completely change a character's origins (Goku is a hick, not some superman who talks about the hope of the universe, swords of injustice and how he represents all that is good). There's also Freeza's personality being rewritten to be very homosexual for some reason, Vegeta is an even bigger annoying jerk than he originally was, Yamcha is a surfer dude and Bulma is a bimbo. Also, making up stupid facts like SSJ3 Goku>>>Mystic Gohan and Kid Buu>>>Super Buu.

I probably missed some stuff, but I leave it at this for now.

Also, the fact that Chris Sabat and Sonny Strait have openly said that the dub was kinda bad and FUNi having made a complete 180 since those days, with them now being very true to the original version means I'm not the only one who thinks the above.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 6:54 pm

Your opinion, right? Let's not fight.

Music

- When is Faulconer's music heard "ALL THE TIME"?
- "And sometimes it's completely wrong, like some stupid hardcore badass piece playing in a normal talk." ----- Show some examples friend.

Voices

- "The fact that every single minor character needs to have some kind of accent gets annoying really fast too." ------ Who?
- "Chris Sabat voices half the cast too, which is stupid too, --- Why is that stupid?
- because he hardly had any acting skills back then (he has now)." --- What's so stupid about that?
- Sean Schemmel is good as goofy Goku, but in serious moments he completely overacts everything, -----
This is overacting? VVVVVV

Why?

Script

- The script is downright terrible and easily the worst part of the dub. ---- Examples.
- From stupid off screen dialogue that ruins serious scenes like Freeza and Goku's conversation --- I agree with you there.
- Yamcha is a surfer dude ---- That was in the DB live action movie.
- Also, making up stupid facts like SSJ3 Goku>>>Mystic Gohan and Kid Buu>>>Super Buu. ------ That can only be an opinion because there is no proof to show otherwise.

- Also, the fact that Chris Sabat and Sonny Strait have openly said that the dub was kinda bad ----- I didn't know that but if this is true, please let me see when they said it.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 7:05 pm

This is the video where Sonny Strait talks about it. I'll reply to the rest later.

https://www.youtube.com/v/e7I30lohwtI&

Last edited by Kurama on August 22nd 2009, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't be embedded I guess. ~Kurama)
Back to top Go down
Saix
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Saix

Male Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 11:16 pm

I sort of agree with Kaio that there are parts of the dub that could use a lot of work, but overall I like the dub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?   Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you watch the origional Japenese (w/ subtitles) or the Dub?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Anime/Cartoons-
Jump to: