The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Today's Music is awful

Go down 
+12
Sain
m21out
ArmorZeroX
Prince Doebler
justinlynch3
Dr. Sage
????
Limelight788
Strider Zero
Raz
Ryu
PhilTheGamer
16 posters
AuthorMessage
PhilTheGamer
Citizen
Citizen
PhilTheGamer

Male Number of posts : 32
Quote : Do what you have to do.
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Today's Music is awful Empty
PostSubject: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 10:12 pm

I really don't like the new generation of music.It's trule gone down a new low.With nothing but craptastic Pop and abysmal Rap ruling over it's not even funny.Now im a huge fan of Old School Rap,Metal,Alternative,Classic Rock and Techno.The music suits my needs and I think they sound very nice.I can't deal with crap senseations like Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga.So what do you do if you can't stand the music?I just say put on some Pink Floyd,The Beatles,Metallica,Slayer,Rammstien,System of a Down,Wu Tang Clan,2Pac and Eminem.While just chilling either revolt or just ignore but im just going to ignore now because I can't stand it. No Guns This Is Sparta!
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 10:40 pm

Yeah, stuff was much better in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 10:44 pm

I'm a fan of the alt rock which is going on at the moment. Screw all that autotuned crap though.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 29th 2010, 10:46 pm

Japanese music is still as good as ever as far as I've heard. There is still some good rock and we still have Crush 40 haha.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 1:51 am

I'm not the biggest fan of current day music, although I wouldn't go as far as to say it's awful. Last decade was decent for at least from 2000-2004, and every once in awhile, I find something good to hear (Or perhaps I need to go out more).

Thought never will beat 1984-1989. Best music years IMO, even thought I wasn't alive to see them as new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 1:56 am

For once in my life,I can agree with you all the way to the fucking moon!!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 9:49 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
I'm not the biggest fan of current day music, although I wouldn't go as far as to say it's awful. Last decade was decent for at least from 2000-2004, and every once in awhile, I find something good to hear (Or perhaps I need to go out more).

Thought never will beat 1984-1989. Best music years IMO, even thought I wasn't alive to see them as new.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 3:46 pm

Some rock is still popping out new songs. Nickleback and Disturbed are two good ones. I had been a fan of Linkin Park all the way into the "Minutes To Midnight" album, but there new album, sorry, but I had to draw the line there, I'm really not liking the sound of it.

Other then Nickleback, Disturbed, and early Linkin Park. I also listen to some Bon Jovi, Metallica, 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, AFI, Airborne, Billy Talent, Dio/Black Sabbath, Motley Cure, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Shinedown, and a bunch of my favorite selected songs from other bands like Iron Maiden, Godsmack, etc and so on.

And growing up a Newfi, I've taken a little liking to some good country music as well as traditional Newfi music as well.

Some Newfi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkyi3vjulUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQai9nipSdc

And I'm sure we all know country?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWDGYa5gvuk

All this Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Pink, etc. No. I don't fancy that much at all.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 6:24 pm

A lot of the mainstream music today sucks, but there is still good stuff around.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 8:49 pm

Music was so much better in my parents' days. I remember when they introduced me to Queen by blasting Bohemian Rhapsody in the vehicle. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyNovember 30th 2010, 9:55 pm

Strider Pent wrote:
Japanese music is still as good as ever as far as I've heard. There is still some good rock and we still have Crush 40 haha.

Strider Pent wrote:
A lot of the mainstream music today sucks, but there is still good stuff around.

The man stole my words.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyDecember 5th 2010, 1:33 pm

I think 80's and 90's was the best in music, especially in R&B. Today we have shitty artists like Katy Perry, Justin Beiber, Pink and all that other crap. Don't even get me started on rap. But to be completely honest R&B of today is still a little good. Thanks to artists like Trey Songz, El Debarge, Robin Thicke, Alicia Keys, Musiq Soulchild and many more.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyDecember 5th 2010, 1:55 pm

Older music (80s, 90s, and early 2000s) is a lot better than newer music (2006ish on) but, you can usually find some hidden gems like Keep Me Conscious.

Please not that when I say newer music, I mean bands formed around 2006 because some older bands like Linkin Park still made music in 2007.

Here is an example of Keep Me Conscious:
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyDecember 5th 2010, 2:56 pm

Yeah, Linkin Park was better beforehand. Most good bands from before were.
Back to top Go down
Tsuna of the Sky Flame
Citizen
Citizen
Tsuna of the Sky Flame

Male Number of posts : 9
Name : Erik
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyFebruary 9th 2012, 1:59 am

PhilTheGamer wrote:
I really don't like the new generation of music.It's trule gone down a new low.With nothing but craptastic Pop and abysmal Rap ruling over it's not even funny.Now im a huge fan of Old School Rap,Metal,Alternative,Classic Rock and Techno.The music suits my needs and I think they sound very nice.I can't deal with crap senseations like Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga.So what do you do if you can't stand the music?I just say put on some Pink Floyd,The Beatles,Metallica,Slayer,Rammstien,System of a Down,Wu Tang Clan,2Pac and Eminem.While just chilling either revolt or just ignore but im just going to ignore now because I can't stand it. No Guns This Is Sparta!

Well, as far as Hip-Hop is concerned, there are a few (emphasis on FEW) good rappers out there. Although, mainstream music has generally suck for the last decade. In the words of Ice Cube, "Before everybody couldn't rap, now...everybody can." I haven't listened to a lot of other genres to know whether or not it's turned to crap or not, but with people like Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga, I can only imagine that it's definitely going down.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyFebruary 13th 2012, 2:23 am

I beg to disagree we have so much excellent music. Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique, J Cole are all excellent examples of today's artists.

Leaving the Past By Immortal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp8yuEBjxs

Lupe's Put you on game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnELft9jlY

PLus I'm an odd future fan, Mostly of Tyler the Creator, but Earl is my favorite, and I've heard alot about Hopsin.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyFebruary 14th 2012, 2:50 am

Chulance wrote:
I beg to disagree we have so much excellent music. Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique, J Cole are all excellent examples of today's artists.

Leaving the Past By Immortal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp8yuEBjxs

Lupe's Put you on game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnELft9jlY

PLus I'm an odd future fan, Mostly of Tyler the Creator, but Earl is my favorite, and I've heard alot about Hopsin.
You forgot about Childish Gambino, if you're talking about good current rap artists.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyFebruary 14th 2012, 7:51 pm

Yes, he's a good artist himself, I did forget him.

His music is good I love Freaks and Geeks, and Bonfire.
Back to top Go down
Ichigotom
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Ichigotom

Male Number of posts : 208
Location : In the eye of the storm, walking the thin line between life and death.
Name : Tom ^^
Quote : "When the winds of destiny blow your way, will you be swept by the currents and let them carry you unapologetically or will you go against the currents and forge your own path in life, for me this is my story and i alone will write it"
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyFebruary 16th 2012, 5:13 am

Hmm i guess half of me agrees with u guys and the other half is the complete opposite. While u have crap like katie perry, the biebs, his supposed girl friend whats her face, man gaga, (my mom so believes shes a man.........as for me no comment XD) and the insurmountable amount of others infecting the air waves today, for me there has been music aplenty to listen to and fill my mp3 and laptop with over the years.

Be it old classics from bands like van halen, manowar, motorhead, whitesnake, black sabbath, megadeth, pink floyd, ac/dc, sammy hagar, judas priest, def leppard, metallica, and many others who were before i was born but love even today to......

bands and artists i grew up with like p.o.d., disturbed, crossfade, pantera, rob zombie, HIM, godsmack, soilwork, drowning pool, rammstein, breaking benjamin, papa roach, linkin park (old LP i think is much better than their newer stuff), and........

a shit load of others to finally the artists i have had the pleasure of discovering only recently over the past few years like skindred, in this moment, within temptation, nightwish, five finger death punch, escape the fate, anthrax, RA, framing hanley, skillet, shinedown, and many others i cant even think of at the moment lol.

And this is only rock music, i love me some rap, techno, electronica, japanese, (i got a million different artists here if u want some recommendations ^^), alternative, reggae, salsa, classical, orchestral, r&b, and pretty much anything in the gambit. Well pretty much anything except country lol, i cant stand the stuff for some reason, it just hurts my ears ><
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyFebruary 16th 2012, 9:30 am

^God damn while I'm no fan of Rock, I despise country even more XD. WE agree there.
Back to top Go down
tazze019
Citizen
Citizen
tazze019

Male Number of posts : 97
Name : Ezzat
Quote : Myaori kadn akkie
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful EmptyApril 16th 2012, 10:47 pm

Music nowadays really sucks! Alternative Rock forever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Music is awful   Today's Music is awful Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's Music is awful
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Music-
Jump to: