The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Generations

Go down 
+9
MulderYuffie
Prince Doebler
m21out
????
Limelight788
God
Dr. Sage
Ryu
Strider Zero
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Sonic Generations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 1st 2011, 7:01 pm

Graphics: Absolutely beautiful. Painstaking attention to detail was put into this game.

Music: Hit-or-miss. Some of the remixes and arrangements were awesome, others I didn't care for as much, but none of them were bad.

Gameplay: As I said, Classic Sonic is piss-easy for the most part. Some of his later levels were require several attempts to beat them, though. Modern Sonic is definitely more challenging, but insanely fun. Boss fights are fun, too. Favorite fight in the game is vs. Shadow.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 1st 2011, 11:07 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
Graphics: Absolutely beautiful. Painstaking attention to detail was put into this game.

Music: Hit-or-miss. Some of the remixes and arrangements were awesome, others I didn't care for as much, but none of them were bad.

Gameplay: As I said, Classic Sonic is piss-easy for the most part. Some of his later levels were require several attempts to beat them, though. Modern Sonic is definitely more challenging, but insanely fun. Boss fights are fun, too. Favorite fight in the game is vs. Shadow.
Well i've been enjoying....life so i'm only at like the 1/3rd mark and all Sonic games are pretty piss easy. glad their are extra challenges and red rings to lengthin the game some more.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 2nd 2011, 12:11 am

Currently at Seaside Hill a good game but sadly too short...
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 2nd 2011, 1:28 am

I figured it would be really short. That's one of the reasons I chose U3 over it.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 2nd 2011, 3:38 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Currently at Seaside Hill a good game but sadly too short...

Strider Zero wrote:
I figured it would be really short. That's one of the reasons I chose U3 over it.

I believe it. If it was every Sonic game (the good ones mind you) and every stage from all those game are both a side scroller and a 3D stage, then I MIGHT have bought it. But if it's a straight forward game offering little to nill challenges, then I'll say "fuck it" and go play Sonic Mega Collection and Gems for the Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 3rd 2011, 1:54 am

Beat the game just now....yeah...
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 3rd 2011, 2:13 am

MulderYuffie wrote:

How many hours did it take?
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 3:12 pm

I'm in the process of playing SG. I am quite impressed with the game. It's very, very good. So far, it' the best Sonic game since SA2 IMO. I really enjoyed Heroes though too.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 6:15 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

How many hours did it take?
Not sure wasn't keeping track and I was busy so it was idle for a long while and i'm not sure if it keeps track too lazy to check know for sure it doesn't when I transfered my saved data to the PS+ online save storage. I will give you an estimate.
Classic era (2-3.5 minutes each)
Dreamcast era (3-6 minutes each)
Modern era (3.5-7 minutes each)
Required Missions (20-25 minutes total)
6 boss fights (varied)

ArmorZeroX wrote:
I'm in the process of playing SG. I am quite impressed with the game. It's very, very good. So far, it' the best Sonic game since SA2 IMO. I really enjoyed Heroes though too.
Heroes was shit.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 6:39 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
ArmorZeroX wrote:
Heroes was shit.

Heroes>>>>>>>>>>Adventure
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 7:21 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
ArmorZeroX wrote:
Heroes was shit.

No it wasn't.

Prince Doebler wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
ArmorZeroX wrote:
Heroes was shit.

Heroes>>>>>>>>>>Adventure

No it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 7:23 pm

Got any responses besides "NO U"?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 7:32 pm

Sonic Heroes' lack of story alone puts it points below Adventure. The gameplay was better fleshed out in Adventure with diverse styles of play between the different characters. Adventure's OST as a whole was better and the problem of underplaying the role of Sonic was not as present in Adventure. Not only is Sonic's story a lot longer due to cut scenes and levels, but he crosses everyone's path a lot more than in Heroes. Granted Heroes has Shadow and by no means a bad game.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 8:14 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Sonic Heroes' lack of story alone puts it points below Adventure.

You expect a story in a Sonic game? Really?

On top of that, the story in Adventure was gag-worthy. Eggman summons an ancient demon from the Master Emerald, and it turns out the demon was just a good guy gone bad, turned good again.

*smashes face on desk*

REALLY?!?

Not to mention, they fucked the pooch on the delivery of the story. They tried to write this epic story, but crashed and burned.

Strider Zero wrote:
The gameplay was better fleshed out in Adventure with diverse styles of play between the different characters.

Sonic: Run to the finish line with no in-level exploration, no alternate paths, and die due to countless glitches.

Tails: Fly to skip 80% of the levels.

Knuckles: Hunt for Master Emerald shards with radar. Cool concept offset by clunky controls.

Amy: Run like a snail from a turtle-paced robot.

Big: Go fishing. FISH THE FROG FROM CHAOS.

E-102γ: Shoot everything in sight.

Final Boss: Worlds better than the other bosses, but still boring.

Strider Zero wrote:
Adventure's OST as a whole was better

Open to debate. I'll admit, hearing Crush 40 sing "SONIC HEEEROOOOES!!!" isn't too appealing, but the individual stage music of Heroes is much better.

Strider Zero wrote:
and the problem of underplaying the role of Sonic was not as present in Adventure.

None of the Sonic games from that era centered around Sonic himself. The Sonic Advance games did the same thing. Adventure 2 didn't focus on Sonic that much, either. Why does Heroes get blasted for that?

Strider Zero wrote:
Not only is Sonic's story a lot longer due to cut scenes and levels,

At least half of the cut scenes from Adventure overlap each other, anyway, which is why the story fell apart. By the time you've gone through Knuckles's part, you're sick of the cut scenes.

Strider Zero wrote:
but he crosses everyone's path a lot more than in Heroes.

The only group that doesn't cross path with Team Sonic is Team Chaotix, and that's not missed, as once you play as them, you're having a good laugh at their antics with their "mystery client" and each other. The only team I didn't care for was Team Rose. DIE A PAINFUL DEATH, CREAM THE RABBIT!!!

Strider Zero wrote:
Granted Heroes has Shadow and by no means a bad game.

Far from the only merit to this game. When you compare it to Unleashed, Colors, and Generations, Heroes is closer to the new-gen games than anything else.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 9:53 pm

Heroes was horrible simple as that. Although sonic stories are a joke Heroes didn't have anything "interesting" in it at all. All the stages were basically longer and or shorter versions of each other unlike in Adventure where some characters went to different areas in the stages. Adventure had a way better OST and people to talk to and chao to raise made it feel more "alive". Heroes had none of that and the "music" was horrible as a whole. Team Chaotix find the one small crab you overlooked gets tedious after so many times but then again so is the same levels 4 times over as already stated. The game wasn't anything write home about.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 8th 2011, 12:28 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
Sonic Heroes' lack of story alone puts it points below Adventure.

You expect a story in a Sonic game? Really?

Why not? Sonic ADVENTURE gives the Adventure feeling which includes story. Story is one of the most pivotal parts of an adventure game...which Heroes happens to fall under btw.

Quote :
On top of that, the story in Adventure was gag-worthy. Eggman summons an ancient demon from the Master Emerald, and it turns out the demon was just a good guy gone bad, turned good again.

*smashes face on desk*

REALLY?!?

Not to mention, they fucked the pooch on the delivery of the story. They tried to write this epic story, but crashed and burned.

The story wasn't bad. Robotnik was still the main villain of the story, just not the final boss. He wasn't even a real villain in Heroes. You find out that he's been kidnapped this entire time.

Quote :
Sonic: Run to the finish line with no in-level exploration, no alternate paths, and die due to countless glitches.

Tails: Fly to skip 80% of the levels.

Knuckles: Hunt for Master Emerald shards with radar. Cool concept offset by clunky controls.

Amy: Run like a snail from a turtle-paced robot.

Big: Go fishing. FISH THE FROG FROM CHAOS.

E-102γ: Shoot everything in sight.

Final Boss: Worlds better than the other bosses, but still boring.

Team Sonic: Run to the finish line.
Team Dark: Run to the finish line.
Team Chaotix: Run to the finish line.
Team Amy: Run to the finish line.

Quote :
Open to debate. I'll admit, hearing Crush 40 sing "SONIC HEEEROOOOES!!!" isn't too appealing, but the individual stage music of Heroes is much better.

Nothing wrong with Sonic Heroes. I like the individual music in Adventure better.

Quote :
None of the Sonic games from that era centered around Sonic himself. The Sonic Advance games did the same thing. Adventure 2 didn't focus on Sonic that much, either. Why does Heroes get blasted for that?

I said it wasn't as present. And it wasn't. I explained why.

Quote :
At least half of the cut scenes from Adventure overlap each other, anyway, which is why the story fell apart. By the time you've gone through Knuckles's part, you're sick of the cut scenes.

Seeing how everything connects is a bad thing?

Quote :
The only group that doesn't cross path with Team Sonic is Team Chaotix, and that's not missed, as once you play as them, you're having a good laugh at their antics with their "mystery client" and each other. The only team I didn't care for was Team Rose. DIE A PAINFUL DEATH, CREAM THE RABBIT!!!

My point still stands.

Quote :
Far from the only merit to this game. When you compare it to Unleashed, Colors, and Generations, Heroes is closer to the new-gen games than anything else.

I'm just saying because Shadow is my favorite and Adventure 1 didn't have him.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 8th 2011, 12:45 am

The cutscnes that overlap have different lines depending on who you play as or at least a few of them do at least and Heroes didn't have that lol.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyNovember 8th 2011, 7:55 pm

Personally, I found Heroes comparable to S3&K, mainly because I went through the game 4 times with all possible characters, so doing that again in the former game didn't really bother me.

Sonic "Adventure", in name only. Sonic is a platforming game first and foremost.

Also, the cut scenes did connect in Adventure, but they were so corny, I got sick of them. Heroes didn't tire me out as much.

And as far as game play is concerned, at least Heroes had some consistency. I guess the best analogy I can come up with about Adventure is putting a Filet Mingnon, a salad, baked rolls, and a glass of wine in a blender. Good on their own, but not mixed up the way Adventure was.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyDecember 8th 2011, 4:08 am

I played through most of the regular stages over at AZX's house. I played all the Modern stages and most of the classic stages. The one track that I'm most impressed with was Chemical Plant Zone in the classic. It's actually better than the original.

Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 3:10 pm

I'm one of the people like many others who was watching sonic generations sense the day it was announced constantly checking it over and over again for updates seeing all the leaks and trailers getting more and more excited by the days that go on, only to have the game to finally come out and getting less then what we were suppose to get. Now don't get me wrong here I do think generations is a great addition to the series and diffidently shows that Sega is improving alot sense the years before and it still amazes me that sonic generations came in as the second most pre ordered sonic game over made. But we did get less then what we were suppose to get, like the idea of having it so in each stage depending on something you do you can change the future and where you go next like a example being like if you destroyed the truck in city escape you would be going to emerald coast or if you didn't you would be going to crisis city ya know, something like that. There was also suppose to be about 2 stages from most sonic games and even some unused levels were suppose to be in there as well like hidden palace zone. The number was suppose to reach about 20 to 40 plus stages and yet we ended up with 9 stages 2 zones each 3 from each generation with a rival battle and a boss battle, Which is way less then what we were suppose to get, the game was rushed there is no doubt about that but that's not to say it's not bad just really short I can still recommend it to any sonic fan that's loved the classic or modern styles or both. Just not as much as I would if that game was more complete.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 4:42 pm

The length is the only major problem with the game. Otherwise it's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 7:27 pm

Strider Zero wrote:

I think it's fantastic to and worthy enough of being called my second favorite 3d sonic game, its just its lacking in everything we were originally promised.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 7:55 pm

VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

I think it's fantastic to and worthy enough of being called my second favorite 3d sonic game, its just its lacking in everything we were originally promised.

It's definitely up there for me. SA2 still beats out everything 3D wise IMO. I do wish it was a lot longer, but then again anniversary games are never that long.
Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 8:30 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

It's definitely up there for me. SA2 still beats out everything 3D wise IMO. I do wish it was a lot longer, but then again anniversary games are never that long.

I disagree, look at kh3d lol.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 8:43 pm

VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

I disagree, look at kh3d lol.

Was that made to commemorate the anniversary? I don't think it was, since it's part of the actual story. Generations was specifically made only for anniversary purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations   Sonic Generations - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Generations
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next