The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How does DLC work on PS3.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

How does DLC work on PS3. Empty
PostSubject: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 6:29 pm

The majority of the games I'd be buying I wouldn't give two shits about DLC, or even online play that much. Though I am curious about it for the WWE series as I'm looking into continuing to buy the series. To have the extra characters and attires in the DLC would be cool.

I assume I'd need to put my bank card (or open a second banking account for online purposes) as I assume I'll need to join PSPlus or whatever it is in order to purchase said items, correct? If so how user friendly is it?
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 6:41 pm

Playstation Plus is not needed to access the online in games or the online store Playstation Store. All you need is a simple card from Gamestop with the amount of $20 or $50 on it kind ofl ike a gift card. You are not charged any additional tax for this purchase. You enter the code off the bought card into your PSN account and you will have said amount in your wallet for purchases on the Playstation Store. You can buy DLC , themes ,avatars and even games exclusive to PSN! No credit card is needed unless you want a quicker method of geting money into your virtual wallet. DLC should work the same way for most or all games. Purchase it and install it nothing else needed.

Playstation Plus is an additional not needed feature where you receive free games every now and again along with themes and avatars and a few extra things including discounts on some games like example. Resident Evil 4 was put on the Playstation Store recently if you have plus you got it for 50% off for the first two weeks it was on there. some games i think ARE exclusive to Plus but as far as I know no DLC is and if so that'd be incredibly douchebag of the year material.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:02 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Playstation Plus is not needed to access the online in games or the online store Playstation Store. All you need is a simple card from Gamestop with the amount of $20 or $50 on it kind ofl ike a gift card. You are not charged any additional tax for this purchase. You enter the code off the bought card into your PSN account and you will have said amount in your wallet for purchases on the Playstation Store. You can buy DLC , themes ,avatars and even games exclusive to PSN! No credit card is needed unless you want a quicker method of geting money into your virtual wallet. DLC should work the same way for most or all games. Purchase it and install it nothing else needed.

Playstation Plus is an additional not needed feature where you receive free games every now and again along with themes and avatars and a few extra things including discounts on some games like example. Resident Evil 4 was put on the Playstation Store recently if you have plus you got it for 50% off for the first two weeks it was on there. some games i think ARE exclusive to Plus but as far as I know no DLC is and if so that'd be incredibly douchebag of the year material.

Thanks for the feedback. Does Wal-Mart carry these cards? The closest Gamestop (well, EBGames up here) is like a 2 hour drive away from me. Wal-Mart is a half hour along the "old way", cut down to 15-20 minutes on the highway. So If they carry it to, it would be welcome.

Also are PS3's sold ready for online, or is there anything extra I to buy.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:10 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Does Wal-Mart carry these cards? The closest Gamestop (well, EBGames up here) is like a 2 hour drive away from me. Wal-Mart is a half hour along the "old way", cut down to 15-20 minutes on the highway. So If they carry it to, it would be welcome.

I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart would have the cards. So as long as you have a connection to the internet you should be able to figure out how to get it to work on your PS3. I have a wireless router and it works perfectly with my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:17 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

PS3's have built in wireless capability, so as long as you have some form of internet connection you should be able to get on. If you use ethernet, you can probably just connect the ethernet cable to PS3 as well.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:18 pm

ok.

We have a wireless connection here to. The modem is out in the living room. So there is nothing I need to buy for PS3, it should just work, like my laptop say.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:19 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

PS3's have built in wireless capability, so as long as you have some form of internet connection you should be able to get on. If you use ethernet, you can probably just connect the ethernet cable to PS3 as well.

Alright.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:23 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:
ok.

We have a wireless connection here to. The modem is out in the living room. So there is nothing I need to buy for PS3, it should just work, like my laptop say.
Yep! It's weird though my laptop is connected to our cable internet which is wired and my PS3 and every other gaming system is connected to my wireless connection lol.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 7:44 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
ok.

Yep! It's weird though my laptop is connected to our cable internet which is wired and my PS3 and every other gaming system is connected to my wireless connection lol.

lol. Why not have your laptop on the same connection then?
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 9:03 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
ok.

Don't know never was smart about all that kind of stuff don't want to fuck something up lol.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 10:13 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
ok.

Don't know never was smart about all that kind of stuff don't want to fuck something up lol.

Ah the ol "better safe then sorry" deal.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 10:35 pm

Oh the "gift card" thingy's are called Playstation Network (PSN) cards.

One thing I'm curious of though. Will Playstation Network (since I'm sure you need to register for it right) accept any email, like my yahoo.ca one. Or do I need a AIM or some bullcrap account. XD
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 10:48 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:

One thing I'm curious of though. Will Playstation Network (since I'm sure you need to register for it right) accept any email, like my yahoo.ca one. Or do I need a AIM or some bullcrap account. XD
I used my AIM not spammed to hell email but i think you can use whatever you want and yeah they also sell Playstation Plus subscription cards too!
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 11:07 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

I used my AIM not spammed to hell email but i think you can use whatever you want and yeah they also sell Playstation Plus subscription cards too!

Cool. Is there any time limit to these cards. Lets say I buy a $50 and only ends up using $20 on WWE 12 DLC (just throwing out random numbers fyi). Now, given that no other games really interest me in DLC and I end up not using it. Would that $30 still be good a year after for WWE 13? Or is there a time limit of so many weeks or months or what?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 11:12 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Yeah, you can use whatever type of email you want.

Quote :
Cool. Is there any time limit to these cards. Lets say I buy a $50 and only ends up using $20 on WWE 12 DLC (just throwing out random numbers fyi). Now, given that no other games really interest me in DLC and I end up not using it. Would that $30 still be good a year after for WWE 13? Or is there a time limit of so many weeks or months or what?

When you claim your gift card, your online account will keep the funds stored online for you and you can use them whenever. I don't believe they expire once you've done that.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 11:27 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Yes will still be good but as you may know i'm not fond of DLC or download only games but I will admit there are plenty of games on PSN worth it hell alot of them even in the $5-$10 range you don't have to buy just DLC.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 27th 2011, 11:59 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Yes will still be good but as you may know i'm not fond of DLC or download only games but I will admit there are plenty of games on PSN worth it hell alot of them even in the $5-$10 range you don't have to buy just DLC.

Oh I know. Maybe I'll check out the games, but I don't intend to spend a whole lot online anyway. I feel more comfortable with physical copy's myself.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 28th 2011, 12:20 am

justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Oh I know. Maybe I'll check out the games, but I don't intend to spend a whole lot online anyway. I feel more comfortable with physical copy's myself.
Yeah some games ARE download only sadly. Like example Dead Nation , Castle Crashers , Wipeout HD and etc. I also got Wolfenstein 3D which IS on the PC but I do not care for PC gaming either and it is only $5.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 28th 2011, 12:30 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Yeah some games ARE download only sadly. Like example Dead Nation , Castle Crashers , Wipeout HD and etc. I also got Wolfenstein 3D which IS on the PC but I do not care for PC gaming either and it is only $5.

Cool.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 28th 2011, 12:43 am

justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Cool.
Yep and they usually update the store with decent titles every week.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 28th 2011, 11:29 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Cool.
Yep and they usually update the store with decent titles every week.

Sounds neat.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. EmptyOctober 28th 2011, 7:27 pm

PSN is systematically amazing. Microsoft might have better software because that's their thing, but systematically, Sony obliterates them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does DLC work on PS3.   How does DLC work on PS3. Empty

Back to top Go down

How does DLC work on PS3.
Page 1 of 1