The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gen Starters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-08-11

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 11th 2012, 11:26 pm

Out of all the past generations of pokemon how everyone keeps saying how all the starters keep getting worse and worse I have to disagree and with the new black and white starter pokemon there is no exception that Nintendo is diffidently getting better with there starters. Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott all being the new starters and everyone would know and I think the designs for them are great as well as the personality and moves for each one, So I have this to ask which starter does everyone here prefer? I prefer Snivy as my starter. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ardhamon5000
Citizen
Citizen
Ardhamon5000

Male Number of posts : 16
Name : Ali
Quote : "Hello there! You're in superjail. I'm the Warden and your a Criminal."

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 12:16 am

I honestly love all the starters.

But I usually choose the fires.

But all of them are enjoyable
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 1:02 am

Gen I>Gen II>Gen III>Gen V>Gen IV. At least they have beaten Sinnoh, which was horrible IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 4:57 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Gen I>Gen II>Gen III>Gen V>Gen IV. At least they have beaten Sinnoh, which was horrible IMO.
Not a chance, Sinnoh gave us this:
New Gen Starters Empoleon

Gen 5 were the worst starters by a mile. The fire big is retarded, Smugleaf showed a lot of promise but then turned into an ugly snake. The best starter, the water one, looks really derpy in its first form which it makes up for in its second and third forms, but it's nowhere near as bitchin' as Empoleon.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 4:59 am

Raz wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
Not a chance, Sinnoh gave us this:
New Gen Starters Empoleon

Gen 5 were the worst starters by a mile. The fire big is retarded, Smugleaf showed a lot of promise but then turned into an ugly snake. The best starter, the water one, looks really derpy in its first form which it makes up for in its second and third forms, but it's nowhere near as bitchin' as Empoleon.

I'll agree that Empoleon is pretty decent, but I was actually speaking about the gens in general. The starters overall are close with IV and V.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 5:12 am

His beak is a crown which is also a trident. He's got it going on. But yeah, for the most part the good editions gen4 made were expansions on shit that was already good: Weavile, Gallade, Rhyperior and Electivire to name a few. But that said I liked more originals in gen 4 than I did in 5. I mean Zebstrika and Excadrill are pretty cool and all, and the badass grass/normal stag which I forget the name of. But on the whole, shit like Buizel, Rampardos and Luxray are pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 2:38 pm

Raz wrote:
His beak is a crown which is also a trident. He's got it going on. But yeah, for the most part the good editions gen4 made were expansions on shit that was already good: Weavile, Gallade, Rhyperior and Electivire to name a few. But that said I liked more originals in gen 4 than I did in 5. I mean Zebstrika and Excadrill are pretty cool and all, and the badass grass/normal stag which I forget the name of. But on the whole, shit like Buizel, Rampardos and Luxray are pretty sick.

Err...I thought this was about 5th gen starters when did it get to 4th gen starters and evolutions?? O_o
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 3:16 am

VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Raz wrote:

Err...I thought this was about 5th gen starters when did it get to 4th gen starters and evolutions?? O_o
What?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 3:25 am

Raz wrote:
VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Raz wrote:

What?

He doesn't understand how it derailed from talking about 5th gen to 4th. Naturally though they're going to be compared to previous gen starters. Although it's sort of my fault because I was being incredibly vague as usual.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 5:43 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:
VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Raz wrote:

What?

He doesn't understand how it derailed from talking about 5th gen to 4th. Naturally though they're going to be compared to previous gen starters. Although it's sort of my fault because I was being incredibly vague as usual.
Oh ok, thanks for translating, that makes sense. Well in that case it was here:

Strider Zero wrote:

Though really the more general discussion is far better because there's only so much you can say about 3 lines of pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 6:01 am

Raz wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:
VideoGPlayer12 wrote:
Raz wrote:

What?

Oh ok, thanks for translating, that makes sense. Well in that case it was here:

Strider Zero wrote:

Though really the more general discussion is far better because there's only so much you can say about 3 lines of pokemon.

True enough. In my personal opinion, I think they were more creative in Gen V overall. Although there really isn't much to say about either Gen in comparison to the old ones. You pretty much summed it up a long time ago haha.

Raz wrote:
Kanto and Johto were boss.

Hoenn was eh.

Sinnoh was trash.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 6:25 am

I think I was referring to the games as a whole (jesus christ what were they thinking when they put the snowy area in "Hey gus let's put an area in where they can't bike or run, and can only walk really fucking slowly and can't see shit. They'll love it."), but yeah Sinnoh can't measure up to any of the first three in any respect. Gen 5 had a bit more creativity go into it than 4 did, no doubt, but I think they failed to capture the magic of the first two and, to a lesser extend, 3.

Or maybe I'm just older and jaded.
Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 2:59 pm

Raz wrote:
I think I was referring to the games as a whole (jesus christ what were they thinking when they put the snowy area in "Hey gus let's put an area in where they can't bike or run, and can only walk really fucking slowly and can't see shit. They'll love it."), but yeah Sinnoh can't measure up to any of the first three in any respect. Gen 5 had a bit more creativity go into it than 4 did, no doubt, but I think they failed to capture the magic of the first two and, to a lesser extend, 3.

Same, the first gen will always be my favorite pokemon gen no doubt just as the 2nd gen was my 2nd favorite 5th gen is my 3rd 3rd is my 4th and 4th is last I honestly didn't like the 4th gen much compared to the others idk something about it just didn't work for me I guess it's just because around that time I started to lose interest in pokemon because I was getting into newer things just like I was losing my interest with digimon and beyblades, yugioh was probably the only thing I was still into It wasn't until gen 5 I started getting back into it so that's probably why I like gen 5 so much compared to it.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 4:38 pm

Raz wrote:

I completely agree with you here. Maybe we're both older and jaded. sneaky
Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters EmptyAugust 13th 2012, 5:10 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Raz wrote:

I completely agree with you here. Maybe we're both older and jaded. sneaky

Probably yea XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Gen Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen Starters   New Gen Starters Empty

Back to top Go down

New Gen Starters
Page 1 of 1