The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......

Go down 
+2
Strider Zero
????
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:18 pm

If you got RE6 Zero let me know we can play mercs.

If you ever want to be taken seriously you can't only say oh they are awful. You gain a little credibility for admitting you liked Dragono's Dogma, but now you're telling me fans didn't like RE5 although its cpacom's biggest selling title ever? You're also telling me RE4 is survival horror when on the back of the box it literally states this is no onger survival horror its survival action?

Platinum games have games selling terribly, some terrible game franchises are living on and being draggewd out to death. Capcom shock horror tried something new with RE6 after trying to keep the game the same between RE 4 to 5 (which got lambasted, despite being there biggest selling title and by all counts if they stuf to it being a RE5 reskin they would have made more money), a bunch of internet losers claimed capcom were racist which is why we didn't get the original RE5 intended (which looked 10 times better).

Wow, you are hilarious. You really think EA a company named worst company in the world two years running is better than capcom? Considering they nosedived the Mass Effect franchise, the dragon age franchise, killed burnout, killed command and conquer. Killed KOTOR. Seriously I don't think you have a clue. You haven't played many games clearly, seeing as you don't know what i'm talking about when i mention other games companies. Yet you decided to make a huge deal about companies being terrible.

Did you really think about anything before you started typing that? You played games from teh age of 2, wonderful the reason I can trust that opinion is because your opinion on games sounds like that of a two year old. "This bad I don't like", every game gets some thing right and some things wrong. Do you know the licensing issues placed on capcom which lead to some problems. What about EA and the online passes? Charging us for something then removing it early, I can still play RE5 and even lost planet 2 online.

There's worse business practices going on all around you, but you're too blind to see. I refuse to even believe what you are saying is your own opinion, I mean I can't even take someone seriously when they use terms like crapcom.

But its OK EW, because you don't like a company because you don't buy their games or don't have friends to play online with because the coop is fun either way. Capcom should bankrupt, so should the developers under them and forget about any of the people employed by such companies or even the games you liked under them, its ok, they should all be bankrupted because its not the game you like. Apparently you not buying there games isn't enogh for you they must all be unemployed to. Seriously and you're the one acting all high and mighty as if capcom has bad practices. Sheesh children.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:23 pm

I don't have RE6 and I don't think I plan to get it until it's piss cheap. It might be really cheap now though, I'd have to look.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:32 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
I don't have RE6 and I don't think I plan to get it until it's piss cheap. It might be really cheap now though, I'd have to look.
You most likely can get it for around $20 (also Black Friday). I will say this I played the demo and hated RE6. Having played the fullgame, its damn fun, its also got the best enemies in the series. It's worth getting the game and the Mercs maps. Mercenaries is really good on this. The campaign will take you around 20-30 hours. There's minor problems I hate the fact tehre's no gun upgrade system in this one, and loadouts are predetermined by events in the campaign, although you basically carry one of every gun type anyway, so its not a big deal, upgrades are to your characters via skills. There's a hitload of random crap in this game. I'd only say get it if you got a person to do everything coop with. I'm not really online at the same time as you so outside of mercs I can't really commit to playing the whole campaign.

Either way seriously don't believe the hate, the game makes a bad first impression and people keep calling it CoD, even the developers. No clue why. Besides you'll absoluely love Jake anyways and he's got a barefist style which is damn fun. The Leon campaign to me was dull, with some very cool bits, but the Chris campaign was amazing as the enemies are fast hit hard and you need your RE skills to not get killed (i played on vet right from the beginning, which is the middle difficulty and its doable for RE vets).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 3:34 pm

BTW RE 7 is going to be back to old RE as thats what the fans asked, lets see if EW's wish to banrupt them and rob us of a great game comes true.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 8:53 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
You most likely can get it for around $20 (also Black Friday).  I will say this I played the demo and hated RE6.  Having played the fullgame, its damn fun, its also got the best enemies in the series.  It's worth getting the game and the Mercs maps.  Mercenaries is really good on this.  The campaign will take you around 20-30 hours.  There's minor problems I hate the fact tehre's no gun upgrade system in this one, and loadouts are predetermined by events in the campaign, although you basically carry one of every gun type anyway, so its not a big deal, upgrades are to your characters via skills.  There's a hitload of random crap in this game.  I'd only say get it if you got a person to do everything coop with.  I'm not really online at the same time as you so outside of mercs I can't really commit to playing the whole campaign.

Either way seriously don't believe the hate, the game makes a bad first impression and people keep calling it CoD, even the developers.  No clue why.  Besides you'll absoluely love Jake anyways and he's got a barefist style which is damn fun.  The Leon campaign to me was dull, with some very cool bits, but the Chris campaign was amazing as the enemies are fast hit hard and you need your RE skills to not get killed (i played on vet right from the beginning, which is the middle difficulty and its doable for RE vets).
Alright. Maybe I'll give it a look.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 27th 2013, 11:55 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
But its OK EW, because you don't like a company because you don't buy their games or don't have friends to play online with because the coop is fun either way.  Capcom should bankrupt, so should the developers under them and forget about any of the people employed by such companies or even the games you liked under them, its ok, they should all be bankrupted because its not the game you like.  Apparently you not buying there games isn't enogh for you they must all be unemployed to.  Seriously and you're the one acting all high and mighty as if capcom has bad practices.  Sheesh children.

Yea, now you think of that..............................................I forgot about the people who work for Capcom......Yikes...........

Now I am in a stump. If I (and many others) wish for a company to bankrupt, I forgot about the employees..............Games just don't make themselves............unless your Activision.

I could say "well they can find new jobs in other companies", but they all won't be accept to new places, especially those dedicated to just Capcom.

Hmm...... Maybe wishing them bankruptcy is too much.............. Yea.................

I am not trying to make Capcom just for me, I want what's best for fans (not the ones saying Crapcom). If I want Capcom to be all about me, I would of asked for them to stop making Monster Hunter games, since I don't enjoy them (IMO) and make Dragon's Dogma 2 now. (and of course the other stuff I mention) But I know people want Monster Hunter games (and I mean a lot) I don't know too much on the issue of MH (I think it has something to do with localization or something, I am not sure of that).

I just want to see the standards of the DLC fiasco Capcom and certain companies to be pulling down the quality gaming to stop. It's like a chain. If one popular company says it's ok to do, then they say "let's copy them". Which is why Online Passes and 10 trillion modern FPS are there, because we accept them. Maybe I viewed Capcom being near bankruptcy as a way of saying "Hey Capcom, maybe realize the practices you are doing are not working." So I hoped maybe Capcom will go the 180 of Square-Enix and maybe return to old glory (with a new touch of course)

But then when I heard more DLC to fix the problem, I was like "you know what, fuck it, I hope you bankrupt." Maybe forgetting that people will lose jobs.........Yea.....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyNovember 29th 2013, 3:33 pm

Its fine not liking Capcom games and I completely agree over on disc DLc which is a horrorific business practice (honestly not sure if they are still doing that since it came out). If people didn't buy DLC Capcom would get the message, instead people choose to not buy the game in protest. Unfortunately this means people who buy the game are more likely to be people who buy DLC. Suddenly seems to think they're only fans love to buy DLC. On paper thats not something any business ignore.

As far as i'm concerned Capcom's handling of Street Fighter is fine (SFxT is a different issue), seeing as the updates are budget priced games and add a decent number of characters. We live in an age where a character can cost $5 or more, so the budget price is a reasonable compromise. RE they are changing, sometimes it will be for the worse sometimes for the better, either way i have enjoyed the games.

Capcom still seems to support new IPs and thats a good thing. I'm only annoyed with them for killing Megaman Legends 3 which was a dumb move, I'm still wary of the guy making Might No. 9 leaving Capcom as we don't know the whole situation. I'm more worried about companies gathering talented studios to expand their existing IPs like EA. This I see being an actual big problem for the future.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 8th 2013, 7:25 am

Well, it looks like Capcom is investing $40mil into mobile gaming. I think they're trying to make some cheap games that might sell well. If it works and they make enough to make some heavy hitter console games, good for them. If not, well they could be eternally screwed here.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 8th 2013, 12:08 pm

Mobile gaming? Hmm..... seems like a risk. Mobile gaming isn't very loved by gamers. If the games are just your typical casual games, yea, they'll make money back since most people on mobile are more into the casual types for their kids or something. If they are hardcore games, they are royally screwed since most will think it might be too complex. Mobile gaming is about simple and casual experience, with some exceptions. 40 million dollars is a heavy risk. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 8th 2013, 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 8th 2013, 11:01 pm

I don't think mobile gaming is as big of a risk as it seems. If Capcom can find a happy median between hardcore and casual games, I think there's a LOT of potential for them, if they can target the right audiences. Many of the older folk I know who played the NES back in the heyday now own mobile devices, so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Square Enix has proven a few times that mobile platforms are rock solid locales for larger games that don't quite reach console levels. Final Fantasy Dimensions, Chaos Rings, etc. I think Capcom can emulate their example and at least get a solid chunk of cash out of the deal. It might not be as lucrative as other methods, but I think it'll get the momentum going in their favor again.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 10th 2013, 11:58 am

I think people are looking at this the wrong way.

I've seen two opinions:
a) Capcom will make big bucks because mobiles are the future everyone has one etc.
b) this will kill capcom

I think in reality its more likely they will make minimal profits with low risk. Even if they invest 40 million god knows how, but they'll likely make around the same or marginally more back. Their probably just thinking its not going to be a loss, but if they strike it big with something like Angry Birds there financial issues wouldn't be a problem.

Either way they'll make back loads of money when USF4 comes out, I can't wait and will definitely buy it. I skipped Arcade, but the new characters on this one look fun.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 11th 2013, 12:17 am

So it'll either do nothing for them or they'll hit it big, huh? Sounds about right. I agree with you. It just depends on what they create in the end. TBH, I'd be psyched to see an original Breath of Fire game on the mobile markets, provided it's released all at once, and not in an episodic format.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyDecember 14th 2013, 2:33 pm

I'm not gonna pretend i'm an expert on these matters although some people act like they are when it comes to game development, but i'd guess the number of mobile games you could develop for $40 million dollars is a helluva lot and good and bad games should easily offset the profits and loss of the ones that end up tanking. The only way they could screw up is if they try to treat the mobile market like the handheld market and suddenly charging $20-40 for a game or something stupid like that.

Regarding BoF, doing something like that would be easy money hopefully they do that.

Capcom could probably take the easy root and just make a remake of an old game. I for one would buy remakes of the whole RE series if they were remade with the engines of RE 4 onwards. Megaman legends with updated graphics. Breath of fire using the dragons dogma engine. I have no clue how programming like that would work, but they managed to make DMC by accident while trying to make RE4 and God Hand which i loved was made using the RE4 engine.

I wil say if they manage to bankrupt themselves while owning the Street Fighter franchise they would have absolutely no business sense.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 EmptyApril 8th 2014, 2:00 pm

Well, to no one's surprise, the mobile gaming isn't really working. They've already cut their profit projection to half of what they originally thought they would get. Personally, I think they should have tried to make a high budget game like DMC with white haired Dante or like a Capcom All-Stars featuring a ton of Capcom characters from all kinds of series' (including Power Stone, Rival Schools, Breath of Fire, God Hand, etc). I think a casual fighting game with the potential to go competitive would sell like hotcakes with so many big names from Capcom and also appealing to the huge old school Capcom fanbase.

They should also outsource a game to Platinum for old time's sake lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......   Capcom only has $152 million dollars left...... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Capcom only has $152 million dollars left......
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: