The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC gaming

Go down 
+2
Strider Zero
????
6 posters
AuthorMessage
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 14th 2013, 3:41 pm

I see a lot here don't talk about PC gaming, but I might as well.

Some call us a supposed "Master race" while others view us as egotistical assholes. What do you view PC gaming as?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 14th 2013, 4:36 pm

PC gaming is probably superior to console gaming, because you can pretty much always set up a PC to emulate anything console and as long as games release for PC, you can legit have almost any game and mod it easily.

But that said, it's also an expensive habit and probably more expensive than console.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Superbuu3
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Superbuu3

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 14th 2013, 5:48 pm

I agree you are an egotistical asshole.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 15th 2013, 1:16 am

Shut it peasant! You'll never experience the graphics of the PC master race!

LOLJK. But in seriousness, I am sort of ego asshole, but that's just me. But besides that, what do you think of PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 15th 2013, 1:17 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
But that said, it's also an expensive habit and probably more expensive than console.

It really depends. If you build a computer with let's say, a $400-$500 (aka the price of PS4 and Xboxone) You could probably have a more powerful unit. Of course some people like to jack their rigs like cars get them up to over 1500-3000 dollars. But again, that doesn't matter. It's only if you want to be like 10 years ahead. As long you update your graphics card every, I say, 5-6 years, than you'll be with or ahead of whatever consoles out.

But again, it really depends. The good thing about PC gaming is choice, with a console, at most, you get to choose which console with either more or less storage, but other than that, you are basically playing what Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft gives you. With PC, sure, you got to use Windows (because let's be real here, who the hell wants to use a Linux or Mac for anything) we can choose all the parts we want. Don't like the memory, add more. Don't like your graphic card? Replace it. Oh and it's not that complicated, unless you are some drivel idiot. All you need a screwdriver and hands. Sure, it looks complicated with all the types like AMD or Nvida, but once you know it, it's easy as pie.

But again, this is my perspective. I am not here to flush all over consoles saying "AW, YOU PEASANT CONSOLE GAMERS SHOULD JUST JOIN US HERE IN THE GREAT CLOUD OF PC MASTER RACE."
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 15th 2013, 3:20 pm

I don't like Linux, but OS X IMO is way better than Windows except for application support. But that's not the point lol.

So what you're essentially saying is that PC can be more expensive from the gate, but will be cheaper over time because you only need to update graphics cards or just parts?
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 15th 2013, 3:52 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
I don't like Linux, but OS X IMO is way better than Windows except for application support. But that's not the point lol.

So what you're essentially saying is that PC can be more expensive from the gate, but will be cheaper over time because you only need to update graphics cards or just parts?

I always think Macs were just better editors and less viruses, but other than that, They are terrible for games and applications.

Yes, PC is going to cost a pretty penny in the long run, but in the end, they turn to be a cheaper alternative. For PCs, you don't need to buy a whole new PC (unlike a console) you find some parts (which at this point will be cheaper due to new graphics cards coming out) get a new graphics card (with ram and CPU being optional) and bam, PC that can possibly outrun the next gen. Depends on how much you spend. Possibly 100-300 for graphics card. Not too bad.

Online for PC (With Steam and Origin) are free. So no worries about paying up for Xbox Live Gold and PS+.

However, you'll have to learn to be digital with PC. Not saying you have to, but if you want a lot games for cheap, digital is the best to go. I don't think I need to tell you about Steam's sales. I mean, most gamers will drivel for the stuff on Steam, PC or not.

So you go to play right cards with PC (Like a good old RTS). If you have good patience, PC will be very, very cheap for you and you'll get the best experience. However, if you are reckless, you'll just be wasting cash.

That's what scares console gamers and hell, gamers in general. PC, though I wouldn't say is a gamble, needs intelligence to learn and good patience. If you are reckless and just want to expect everything hand, you are in the wrong place.

However, if you are willing to put effort, even a little bit, you will have the best time of your gaming life.

But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 18th 2013, 10:40 am

PC gaming 0f7080bb6ff5517d8600502da47ebf06-the-pc-vs-console-argument-basically
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 18th 2013, 5:29 pm

Wait, is the girl like Xbox One or PS4 fan? I trying to lean towards Xbox one,but it's hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyDecember 31st 2013, 2:37 am

Those Steam sales man those steam sales Sad
I bought 92 games on Steam Saturday and soon enough my steam library will be half of my collection overall if I don't kick the steam addiction.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MulderYuffie/
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-01

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 12:18 am

The main reason I found out why most like consoles better is that they don't really know much about pc gaming or find it expensive. Though honestly consoles in the end cost more depending the type of PC you get it. Nowadays you can pretty much get yourself a high end rig with the 7970 or better for around £800 - £900 running most games at high.

Consoles in comparison are now around £400, with the games hitting up to £50. Having a couple games along with a good tv and counting the live subscription makes the cost pretty equal to that of a computer. Yet with a PC you can do a lot more stuff and imo it has better games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC gaming   PC gaming Empty

Back to top Go down

PC gaming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games-
Jump to: