The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evolution discussion.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Evolution discussion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 29th 2015, 11:11 pm

I've never watched Avatar and really only know Marval from the movie side. That's why I asked about suggestions over references. lol

I actually did know Katie could eventually turn into her element, pull water from air/plants/etc and manipulate blood (the human body does consist largely of water). But like I said I think that's better being far off stuff. One of the big issues in another rp I was in (Heroes Uprising) was we grew powers to fast and people started bring in everything from Phoenix Force to Power Cosmic to Milo (I'll just say this, Chulance made that character have every possible power, force, and energy under the sun, he's basically unstoppable). So not wanting this rp to go the same way, I'd hope we'd keep powers more-so basic for a time.

Anyway yea I'll work with my ideas above then. The characters splitting up for a while sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 1:16 am

Yeah, turning into water and manipulating moisture in the air and in other bodies is endgame stuff, just because it's overpowered as hell. That kind of stuff turned Iceman into an Omega Level mutant in Marvel comics.

But yeah, Chulance's characters tended to be too OP, to the point where his RPs became metagaming vs counter-metagaming, which just frustrated the heck out of everybody.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 2:02 am

Chulance had a few OP guys but at least they had their short comings, but as I said the Milo character was the exception. I have no idea why we didn't ban that character from that rp. You take every known ability from Marval and DC, put it all into 1 guy and give him no limitations. Yea, why again was that ever allowed?

Well the rp never really did get going here, but I mean on other forums where the bulk of the content is. Why was that ever allowed?

Anyway enough of that. But yea like you pointed out the water/ice combo can get pretty dicing if not watched.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 3:50 pm

I was just making some suggestions as to abilities that she could work towards, but I still recommend that you watch the avatar series to get a better understanding as to how you can use your character's abilities.
on a side note: I hope that I wasn't going too far with the corrupt government plot, and naming my character as the third strongest gifted. I just wanted this story to have an actual plot and not be some sort of x-men type slice of life story.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 10:41 pm

No I'm cool with that.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2015, 11:30 pm

I looked on wiki for some of the water bender abilities. Some ideas I think I may take are the Ice Claws (close range), Ice Sword (medium range), and Ice Spear (long range plus throw able). That covers offense in all 3 ranges, which fits as Zaria wants Katie to be the full package fighter.

Combine that with a Ice Shield for defense and it should be plenty for her to learn.

I've been wondering about the ice breath, seems like something that would be useful to use on a utility level (obvious to early in rp to go big with it), but it may be to early for Katie to learn that level of complexity.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 11:26 am

What exactly should Zaria learn from the note?
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 3:20 pm

basically what Hannah told Katie. Getting stuff the next day, base was compromised, and there will be another one once Hannah finds out where to live.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 6th 2015, 2:43 pm

Hey don. Ideally you want to submit a character profile first and wait to see if everything checks out. From what I see in your post the character sounds good and I see a doctor becoming useful anyway. So you at least have pre-approval.

btw if your wondering exactly the extent Katie is hurt, I think I may of explained it well enough in posts. But anyway, she was not hit by a actually cannon shot, as that would of blown her to bits. She was hit by debris tossed up from a missed shot. This missed bone and even tendons, but did leave a deep and somewhat wide gash in Katy shoulder. So while she's not in pain she is forced to keep changing bandages often, as the wound is still trying bleed out and will take time to heal over.

So that's what's going on with Katie if you guys wasn't sure on it.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 7th 2015, 10:59 pm

New character looks cool don. I'm thinking of creating a military sergeant character.

Makes the the heroes of the rp has a figurehead to go after. I'm thinking this guy could be just under the presidential ranks and one of the driving forces of the military. He could be the one giving bad info on gifted, trying to get them wiped out, and the main reason why captured gifted are treated so poorly.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 7th 2015, 11:17 pm

So does that mean we have to make character profiles for villains?
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 8th 2015, 12:54 am

Not for random character like "random soldier X" that is used just to get his ass kicked.

But for all reoccurring characters, yea there should be profiles. Both heroes and villains.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 8th 2015, 12:23 pm

The reason why Chu was allowed to get op characters is he made the rps. Think of Yamairo and Sylar. Of course EW went too far too
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 8th 2015, 3:11 pm

Yea that's true.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 8th 2015, 11:40 pm

Want to see Justin's opinion on Jamie before I continue this scene.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 12:02 am

I see nothing wrong with the power in it's current state, if it do become troublesome later on we'll have to do something, but right now he's good.

The character himself I have no problems with.

So I say approved.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 12:06 am

Cool character. I know I just created a character, but I am working on another. However this one is a villain. He is set to be number 2 and hopefully will serve as a decent antagonist for our group for a while.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 12:07 am

btw how is Zaria name pronounced? Just wondering cause I kinda feel like I been saying it wrong. lol
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 12:17 am

I'm not sure how to write out how it sounds. Here is me trying, Zar-ea.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 12:28 am

Zar (does Z give kinda a S sound, like Sar?) - i (e sound) - a.

Ok I wasn't sure if it was one of those names that sounded somewhat literally as it was spelled, or if it had a silent letter in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 12:45 am

I was thinking like Czar-ee-ah (zar like in czar of course)
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 10th 2015, 2:24 pm

New character looks pretty good, but what do you mean by "insane speeds", I don't think he'd need super level speeds with the rest of his abilities at this juncture of the rp.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 10th 2015, 2:30 pm

Yeah, but I did say that I would hope that he would be around for awhile. I hoped that he would be the kick in the ass that our characters need. In many series, there are villains that the main characters could not even hope to touch now, but can later on. He might be introduced now, but if all goes well he will be something that we could work towards in the future. That is why I made him such an OP character now. Zaria is obsessed with fighting stronger opponents with no regards as to how strong they will be. Think of it as a wake up call for the cocky Zaria. After this scene, I don't expect us to see him again for awhile.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 10th 2015, 2:39 pm

I would say a enhanced speed level would be good enough as is if you really want a increased speed level. Villains can also grow stronger to match heroes in series. He can still be well stronger then Zaria without coming off as to OP.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 EmptyDecember 10th 2015, 3:02 pm

I made my commander character, take a look guys.

Note "additional access" is not gear he has readily on him, he pretty much has the same gear Katie had in that scene. But being a top figure head he has access to a lot more weaponry pending he can get to it if attacked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution discussion.   Evolution discussion. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution discussion.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next