The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 5th 2017, 10:40 pm

So, this game was released. Currently stuck on the final map, even though I could probably blitz through it and lose half of my team, but I'd rather not go that route.

Story is fantastic. Gripping characters that don't necessarily overstay their welcome, and plenty of twists that I didn't see coming, as I knew nothing about Gaiden. F:Censored:k Fernand and Berkut, though. I had no sympathy for them at all.

Gameplay is kind of mixed. Marked improvements in the mechanics make for a more interesting experience. Magic costs HP to cast, characters always take at least 1 HP of damage, and forging weapons is rather fun. Experiment with this. However, the maps are another story. Those stupid swamp/hazard tiles get really annoying really quickly. They practically hinder your progress, leaving you with no way around, and they hinder your movement drastically. Saints can avoid the damage, and flying units avoid the movement impediment as well. Warp and rescue tomes don't help much as the stat growths are rather low for all characters, so you won't get your characters very far with that.

Might post more whenever I beat this blasted game. I hear there's a bonus chapter that's not DLC.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 10th 2017, 3:33 pm

I have to get back into this. I temporarily lost interest when you get the option to control both Alm and Celica separately. It's not that I don't like that, it's just where I happened to stop playing.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 10th 2017, 5:06 pm

Out of curiosity, how'd you promote the village kids?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 11th 2017, 11:56 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
Out of curiosity, how'd you promote the village kids?

Gray - Cavalier
Kliff - Mercenary
Faye - Peg Knight
Tobin - Archer
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 11th 2017, 12:56 pm

Recommendation: If you do decide to resume, consider resetting.

Minor gameplay elements:
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 12th 2017, 11:26 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
Recommendation: If you do decide to resume, consider resetting.

Minor gameplay elements:

I'll keep my party the way it is. I'm sure people had figured out the optimized route for each character before the remake even came out, but this is a blind playthrough for me. Kliff, by the way, has been an awesome Mercenary.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 12th 2017, 11:56 pm

Kliff rocks in any class. But honestly, mercenary is the only good class for Gray. You'll find his 0% base resistance growth starting to have a nasty effect on the later maps, where witches can warp around and ORKO your characters, another annoying mechanic I failed to mention.

Anyway, beat the final story boss, which was incredible. I'm going to have that map theme stuck in my head for a long time. The bonus chapter isn't much, but a solid challenge. Some spoilers are in there, so I'll keep my mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 19th 2017, 9:18 pm

Well, I take back what I said about Luthier. Doing a hard mode run, and he has better stats than Kliff. Fire Emblem RNG, how I've missed you (not).
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJune 20th 2017, 3:15 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
Well, I take back what I said about Luthier. Doing a hard mode run, and he has better stats than Kliff. Fire Emblem RNG, how I've missed you (not).

I've always enjoyed the RNG in Fire Emblem for one reason. People always talk about average stats as ironclad and say that personal experience means nothing. With RNG, that's definitely not true though. Certain discs may have different tendencies than other discs simply due to the fact that no two are going to be exactly the same. For example, I seem to get better stats on Sain and Eliwood than most people in my physical copy of FE7.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia EmptyJuly 13th 2017, 8:08 pm

I would get it but I sold my 3ds and games (partly due to money, mostly due to me not wanting to have a system LITERALLY for Fire Emblem - I'm not a fan of the 3DS Pokemon games, always questioning "Where's the challenge" and couldn't find a copy of any SMT game on 3DS)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Video Games :: Fire Emblem-
Jump to: