The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

when did anyone think cartoon network died?

Go down 
+11
ShaolinAce
Chulance
????
m21out
Limelight788
Ponky Poo
Sain
Big Bird
ArmorZeroX
Strider Zero
Rasequi0
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rasequi0
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Rasequi0

Male Number of posts : 171
Name : Rolando Segovia
Quote : POEMON4LIFE
Registration date : 2009-08-19

when did anyone think cartoon network died? Empty
PostSubject: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 5:28 am

I thought CN died after 2007, and they really died when they cancelled toonami cause of low ratings cause they overhyped naruto so much.

so when did CN die for anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 5:29 am

CN died with Toonami I think.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 5:29 am

Toonami was awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 7:52 am

When they hired a new CEO who hated cartoons and started cancelling all the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 12:24 pm

When they aired Naruto.

Now they are reviving because they never show Naruto anymore and they put in the CN Real stuff.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 12:25 pm

Captain Falcon wrote:
When they aired Naruto.

Hah, I'd believe that.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 12:51 pm

Cancelling FUNPiece was stupid too.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 4:02 pm

Oh yeah that was stupid. Although I never watched it anyway Razz

I'll probably watch the Funi version eventually.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 4:04 pm

FUNi uploaded dub episode 1, 2 and 3 on their site.
Back to top Go down
Ponky Poo
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Ponky Poo

Male Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 10:17 pm

wen they killed it the SECOND time (not after looney toons and stuff, but after the other half decent shows were gone, like billy and mandy)
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyAugust 23rd 2009, 10:22 pm

Billy and Mandy was awesome too. It's one of those shows that actually had really good writing with some really smart ways to go around the censors. Something you don't see much these days.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 8:27 pm

I stopped watching it on November 30th, 2008, when I found out that they cancelled Toonami. I was pretty pissed off, especially since it was one of the last good things they had left on the channel. Probably won't be watching the channel again, since I have grown up to where I don't need cartoons anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 8:28 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
I stopped watching it on November 30th, 2008, when I found out that they cancelled Toonami. I was pretty pissed off, especially since it was one of the last good things they had left on the channel. Probably won't be watching the channel again, since I have grown up to where I don't need cartoons anymore.

Lol, you have the exact date? You must have been a dedicated Toonami fan.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 8:31 pm

Strider Pent wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:

Lol, you have the exact date? You must have been a dedicated Toonami fan.
Toonami ended earlier on September 20th, 2010. I thought they were just taking a short break before putting on Toonami. When I checked on previously mentioned date on Youtube, I found out that I was dead wrong.

And yes, I was a dedicated Toonami fan. I regularly watched the channel ever since I first saw it in 1999 and watched it for most of the rest of the course. I didn't go on Toonami forums, but Toonami was my favorite part of Cartoon Network.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 8:32 pm

Toonami had the best shit, that's why.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 3:26 am

Toonami... Good times, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyDecember 5th 2010, 1:22 pm

I never really watched cartoon network so cartoon network dying like that never really affected me much. I always prefered sitcoms ever since I was a child.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyDecember 5th 2010, 1:28 pm

Toonami canceled =Cartoon Network's worst nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyDecember 7th 2010, 7:01 pm

When Toonami died, that ended it all.
Back to top Go down
ShaolinAce
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
ShaolinAce

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-02-05

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyDecember 7th 2010, 7:08 pm

I never got to enjoy CN being canadian. I lived off YTV and teletoon.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

Female Number of posts : 947
Quote : Show No Mercy To The Merciless.
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyJanuary 2nd 2012, 2:22 am

The day I turned on CN and saw American Football going on. I was like o_o ..
Also I think it was going down when they removed programmes like Vote-A-Toon and Toonami. Those were epic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ichigotom
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Ichigotom

Male Number of posts : 208
Location : In the eye of the storm, walking the thin line between life and death.
Name : Tom ^^
Quote : "When the winds of destiny blow your way, will you be swept by the currents and let them carry you unapologetically or will you go against the currents and forge your own path in life, for me this is my story and i alone will write it"
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyJanuary 4th 2012, 4:41 pm

The day toonami kicked the bucket is when i officially declared cartoon network dead and buried. I watch adult swim from time to time, but that shit aint nothing but reruns for the most part nowadays -.-
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyJanuary 4th 2012, 6:04 pm

Ichigotom wrote:
The day toonami kicked the bucket is when i officially declared cartoon network dead and buried. I watch adult swim from time to time, but that shit aint nothing but reruns for the most part nowadays -.-

Yeah. I don't think they even show InuYasha and FMA anymore. Adult Swim was kicking when they had Blood + followed by FMA followed by two episodes of InuYasha.
Back to top Go down
Ichigotom
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Ichigotom

Male Number of posts : 208
Location : In the eye of the storm, walking the thin line between life and death.
Name : Tom ^^
Quote : "When the winds of destiny blow your way, will you be swept by the currents and let them carry you unapologetically or will you go against the currents and forge your own path in life, for me this is my story and i alone will write it"
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyJanuary 5th 2012, 7:40 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Ichigotom wrote:

Yeah. I don't think they even show InuYasha and FMA anymore. Adult Swim was kicking when they had Blood + followed by FMA followed by two episodes of InuYasha.

The only things they have on there now are bleach (all of which i have seen and am already current on) Durarara (love this show ^.^), FMA:Brotherhood, ghost in the shell: SAC (love ghost in the shell, but they been playing this for the umpteenth time :/), cowboy bebop (love this to, but same thing as GOTS), and an episode of inuyasha at 5:30 in the morning. So yeah i say lets officially declare this network dead, puts some flowers near the headstone, light some incense, say a prayer, and reflect fondly back on better days gone by XD. Fair thee well CN, u will be forever remembered fondly for what u were, not the abomination that thou has become as of recently T.T
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

Female Number of posts : 947
Quote : Show No Mercy To The Merciless.
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? EmptyFebruary 26th 2012, 12:35 am

Strider Zero wrote:
Ichigotom wrote:

They do actually. Well here anyways. InuYasha is aired weekdays 5 am. In place of InuYasha an anime called Kekkaishi is aired around 2 am. I seen a couple of episodes, its good. If it wasn't so early, I would continue the series on CN. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when did anyone think cartoon network died?   when did anyone think cartoon network died? Empty

Back to top Go down

when did anyone think cartoon network died?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Movies and Television-
Jump to: