The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What got you into pokemon in the first place?

Go down 
+7
Chulance
Sain
ArmorZeroX
Rasequi0
Strider Zero
Kimarous
Ponky Poo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponky Poo
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Ponky Poo

Male Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-10-21

What got you into pokemon in the first place? Empty
PostSubject: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 16th 2009, 8:50 pm

For me, it was during kintergarden (i was in a PM class, but i was at a daycare during the AM) and one da we watched the first movie (idr if it was all of it, or jus the short "Pikachu's Vacation") and i was hooked.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
Citizen
Citizen
Kimarous

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 16th 2009, 9:03 pm

I never got "hooked" on Pokemon. I pretty well ignored it until I gave the GBA games a try, which I enjoyed. I've played a few games, but I've never gotten into Pokemon culture as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 16th 2009, 9:16 pm

I watched the show.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Rasequi0
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Rasequi0

Male Number of posts : 171
Name : Rolando Segovia
Quote : POEMON4LIFE
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 16th 2009, 9:43 pm

for me, I saw a move named "my neighbor totoro" and then I saw a commercial for pokemon and I never saw any anime but totoro so I thought pokemon looked like that movie so I saw the show, also my cousin sent me a gameboy color with pokemon blue and gold.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 17th 2009, 1:17 am

Many, many years ago when I was still just a simple child. That's all I remember.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 17th 2009, 4:03 pm

Toguro wrote:
I watched the show.

This. Also, I somehow got the Pokemon Games promotion video on VHS. I still don't know how.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 18th 2009, 12:45 am

Hmm I was bored and in my beachhouse in Florida. I rented pokemon 4 and loooved it! I tried watching the series on kids WB it was okay but the movies I got addicted and can even re-watch them once or twice.

I love the team magma/ team aqua arc. It's the only saga in the series I really like
aside from the movies and possibly the episodes with Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 18th 2009, 6:37 pm

When Pokemon the first movie came out, I must have watched it every day for a month when it came on cassette.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptySeptember 19th 2009, 1:48 am

Strider Hiryu wrote:
When Pokemon the first movie came out, I must have watched it every day for a month when it came on cassette.

Ah, those were the times.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 8:03 pm

My grandparents had some VHS cassettes of Pokemon. I decided to take a look at it and I loved it. That got me hooked onto Pokemon and made me a big Pokemon fan from 1999 to 2004. Good times, good time.s
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptyMarch 1st 2011, 7:12 pm

All I remember was that my parents collected the tazos that came with fried potatoes and whe had over 100 of them I started watching the anime, and the next moment I knew the names of all 493 of them!
I've been a fan since '99 or something like that and I still watch it, read about it, play it, and I'm now trying to memorise the new generation names Very Happy
But I agree with the people who say that it lost quality, I mean, Druddigon looks more like a Digimon to me .-.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptyMarch 1st 2011, 10:04 pm

Pokemon never had quality.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptyMarch 1st 2011, 10:18 pm

Ow my Nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptyMarch 2nd 2011, 5:06 pm

For me, it went like this:

I walked into a Toys 'R Us with my dad to get a rumble pak for the N64 (remember those? LOL!). Then, I saw the Gameboy color in it's prime and glory! I had to get it. So, my dad said "we can get that, but we won't be able to get the rumble pak" and I said "sure, OK!" And then he said "You're gonna need a game to go with that, you know." So, dumb as I was, I chose a random game. It was Pokemon Red. And I loved it. The more I played it, the more I loved it. I met friends with Pokemon, collected the cards, all the Burger King Pokeballs (yeah, I was a fat kid, then), and, of course, watched the movies and show. I collected Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold and collected a shit load of Pokemon cards. Some rare, some Japanese, some new ones, some old ones. I had them all. Bed sheets, swag, even more games like Pokemon Snap, Stadium, and Hey You Pikachu (which can go fuck itself, because it sucks).

I don't know why I stopped liking Pokemon. I guess I grew up. I guess they couldn't meet the standards that Yu-Gi-Oh had. I guess I lost interest. Or, maybe it was the shit ton of Pokemon that they kept on adding year after year. Maybe I might pick up the old Gameboy color and give the game another whirl. Chances are, I'm still gonna love it and I'm gonna remember every pixel of that game the same way I did 10+ years ago. Rest assure, I won't be buying anymore Pokemon games... Or will I?

Sorry about that. The nostalgia of it all just gets me rambling forever.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
KittensOnACloud

Female Number of posts : 947
Quote : Show No Mercy To The Merciless.
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? EmptyJanuary 22nd 2012, 10:47 pm

The show was aired on Saturday mornings on Fox Kidz / Cartoon Network I think. Thought it was the coolest thing since Power Rangers. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon in the first place?   What got you into pokemon in the first place? Empty

Back to top Go down

What got you into pokemon in the first place?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Anime/Cartoons :: Pokémon-
Jump to: