The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E3 2011 Discussion

Go down 
+2
MulderYuffie
Strider Zero
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 7th 2011, 6:12 pm

I did not go overboard. To me, that entire thing was embarrassing after the orchestra and Skyward Sword parts (which I thoroughly enjoyed). This is why.

-3DS had almost nothing new to offer. A few games, but most of them are just re-makes. It's just laziness when most of your games are just re-makes.

-Wii U is probably the worst name that any console has had ever. They honestly couldn't think of anything better?

-The entire Wii U presentation was confusing, slow and boring. There was only one glimpse of the actual system which looks very similar to Wii and most of the concentration was on the controller. I admit, the perks can be fun, but I think a lot of it will end up being useless. Most people though that Wii U was actually a handheld system that transfers to the TV before you had to listen for the console part of it.

-They dick rode their new console for half their thing and they haven't told us much about it at all. The only thing we know is how the controller works.

-The controller is a handheld button layout. There's no reason for that. It should be better spaced out like GC controller/Dual Shocks.

-The new Super Smash Bros. mention was just a mention and they didn't go into any detail. That could have made up for a lot of their bombings.

-There was no demo for anything.

-It was only one hour and over a quarter of it was spent announcing re-makes for the 3DS.

I really like Nintendo and I'm disappointed that they couldn't do any better than what they did.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 1:21 am

Strider Zero wrote:

-It was only one hour and over a quarter of it was spent announcing re-makes for the 3DS.
WWWWWWUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT??????? Sorry but that statement is inaccurate.....
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 5:39 am

Extremewild wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
The Nintendo conference is embarrassing so far. Wii U looks like shit and all the 3DS has is its freaking remake. But there's wind of a new Smash Bros.

Well.......ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK AND SHOVING HERION UP YOUR ASS? Wii u looks great and a genius idea. With games coming up the ass, it will be a hit in a matter of weeks when it comes out. Better then the Wii Very Happy

lol this kid
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 9:26 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

OK maybe a fifth of it. The point is that they just announced remake after remake. That's really not something you should do at E3. You casually mention them and move on to what's new. If they had 2 hours like Sony, it wouldn't have been that big a deal that they spent so much time on it, but they only had 1.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 3:42 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

OK maybe a fifth of it. The point is that they just announced remake after remake. That's really not something you should do at E3. You casually mention them and move on to what's new. If they had 2 hours like Sony, it wouldn't have been that big a deal that they spent so much time on it, but they only had 1.
and they had Luigi's Mansion 2 , Mario Kart , Kid Icarus , Super Mario 3D and mention of Super Smash Bros how could you NOT be inpressed? Also that Wii U controller is a BEAST!
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 5:52 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

and they had Luigi's Mansion 2 , Mario Kart , Kid Icarus , Super Mario 3D and mention of Super Smash Bros how could you NOT be inpressed? Also that Wii U controller is a BEAST!

Kid Icarus is bleh. Super Mario 3D is nothing special. I'm not impressed because there are more remakes than new games. That is pathetic. Wii U's controller is cool, but it needs a lot of work. The buttons are too close together, it's too big because of the screen and it's a carbon copy of the PS3 sixaxis with the motions.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 6:14 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Because all of that is shit we've seen before.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 9:08 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Kid Icarus is bleh. Super Mario 3D is nothing special. I'm not impressed because there are more remakes than new games. That is pathetic. Wii U's controller is cool, but it needs a lot of work. The buttons are too close together, it's too big because of the screen and it's a carbon copy of the PS3 sixaxis with the motions.
I still don't know where you are getin there are more remakes then new games care to name them all?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 9:22 pm

For starters, there is SSFIV, Tekken, Ace Combat, Tetris, Star Fox 64, MGS Snake eater, Ocarina of Time, Four Swords, Blazblue CS, Conduit, Donkey Kong and Harvest Moon. This system is less than three months old and this is scratching the surface of the remakes. And if they're not remakes, they're just rehashed games that are 3D esque to draw people in.
Back to top Go down
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 8th 2011, 11:38 pm

Here's my grade on the conferences I saw:
Sony: A (Sly 4 and the PSVita at 250 with an uncharted game, nuff said)
Microsoft: F (Again)
Nintendo: C (Nintendo just released trailers for games we already knew about and the Wii U part was a bore)

MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:
Strider Zero wrote:

Luigi's Mansion for the cube sucked so I don't know why the hell they thought a second one would be nice. I'm not really impressed with Super Mario 3D either. It's taking too much from past mario games. The tanooki suit was nice but I was hoping nintendo was going to bring something new to the game. And we already knew about Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D, and Mario Kart, MGS and almost every other 3DS game they showed.

As for the Wii U, I think it was a little too early. Microsoft and Sony still have strong support for the PS3 and 360. The Wii U should have been a add on for Wii like the Move is to the PS3. That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 9:42 am

Well the Wii U is an HD thing so it wouldn't work as an add on. I agree that it's too early though. I think they need to spend like 3-4 years building this thing and make it both motion based and controller based. One of the big things Wii suffers in is its lack of appeal to people that don't like motion based games.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 11:15 am

And that's the problem. Motion control is now overused concept and it just a gimmick to me. Move pretty much copy the Wii controller and the kinect is a fucking joke and has barely any games and need no reminder at E3 at all but maybe a couple of minutes. I do agree that the Wiiu is a kinda early, but hey, we may never know, it could be an amazing console. I do agree that the control is kinda weird with the button layout, but will probably get use to it. So here's my grades in all 3.

Microsoft (F)-Halo won't save a show that was boring as hell. All you show is that retarded Kinect which all you show is a bunch of kiddy games, which should fails to see a point. Halo 4 and the remake is just another way of milking a series.

Sony(B)-Irritating to listen about move and 3d, it show us some games like Uncharted, Twisted metal got me excited. The NGP, now named the PSvita, looks like a cool concept and I hope it succeeds unlike it's failure predecessor, the PSP (Though selling well, the amount of games are limited unlike the DS) So pretty good show this year

Nintendo(A)-With the showing of Abundant amount of games shown the Wiiu, it looks like Nintendo won once again this year (NO, Microsoft didn't win last year since all they did is show the fucking Kinect)

That's all I got to say.

Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 2:19 pm

I think Sony wins this year. They have better exclusives and they made pretty good use of their time. We had Uncharted 3, Sly 4, Resistance 3 and others. Nintendo just caught the most attention because of the 3DS and Wii U and of course because they have more fans.

Sony: B
Nintendo: C
Microsoft: F
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 2:52 pm

The problem with Sony that it was just too boring to listen too. Even with UC3, Sly 4 and Resistance 3. Nintendo began with a bang and also show us alot of shit that actually is good to listen too. I think Nintendo learn there lesson after 2009. -_-
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 3:17 pm

Yeah it began with a bang alright.

15 minutes of orchestra with remakes of remakes of Zelda games
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 3:30 pm

The 3D is actually not a gimmick in the gaming industry. Very few had used it before Sony had decided to incorporate it. It started out with a much needed apology for PlayStation Network being down. There was no other way to start off. They recovered extremely well for their horrendous PSN ordeal. The Vita's features were interesting to hear and the exclusives were interesting.

I liked the orchestra thing, but I don't think they nailed their conference nearly as well as Sony did. They spent a bit of time on Move, which is understandable, and a lot of time on PSV and the big exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 9th 2011, 4:52 pm

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318221/e3-2011-nintendo-stock-sinks-post-wii-u-unveil/?tag=newstop%3Bstory%3B5

Looks like I wasn't just on crack after all. This might be a good time for people to buy Nintendo stocks. They'll obviously go up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Discussion   E3 2011 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

E3 2011 Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2