The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Piece Chapter Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

Female Number of posts : 136
Quote : "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do..."
Registration date : 2014-08-26

One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 3:20 pm

donitaly92 wrote:
Good chapter this week, but I hate how much hate this chapter is getting.  All people want to see is the luffy vs doffy fight, and then a one chapter recap of every other fight.  They have lost their patience with this arc and just want it to end.  Anything less then a chapter that ends this arc seems to be considered shit to people.  Yeah this week's chapter wasn't the best, but we got PROGRESSION!  So here's hoping that we get an epic chapter next week to hold people over for a little longer because from the way Oda is writing these chapters the end is in sight.

So, so, so very much agree. XD
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 9:34 pm

Last week's chapter was okay, this one was a bit better. I'm glad Lao G is down and Baby 5 is out of the fight. They resolved both fights in one chapter, which is good. But I feel that this could have been placed better within the arc. Oda's only mistake here IMO was that he had way too much going on at once, so this was to be expected at some point. Like, I completely forgot about Sai and Hajrudin until last week. Meanwhile Sabo vs Fujitora was glossed over and Zoro vs Pica has been nonexistant except for Zoro's 1080 pound canon. These are two fights that we should care about, and yet I find it hard to care about the latter when nothing is happening. This is the same thing that happened with Zoro vs Kaku, where I gave up caring about that fight halfway through.

But yeah, in terms of this chapter, it wasn't bad. Two fights being resolved is a good thing, and hopefully more minor fights will be done in the next chapter.

Oh and there won't be a chapter next week. Shounen Jump is on break next week.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyApril 9th 2015, 10:24 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. Things are about to get serious...and we have a week break.

Okay, I just checked and this week is Jump #21, and so double issue for 22-23 means we won't get a break after two weeks from now. If this week was Jump #20, I would have been mad XD.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyApril 9th 2015, 10:51 am

ODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIZENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-01

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 4th 2015, 12:32 pm

I stopped reading One Piece for a couple months at the start of the year since it was starting to bore me out a bit and it became a hassle reading it so I thought it'd be best to let the manga go ahead. Only like 2 months ago or something did I binge read all the chapters I missed and I'm glad Dressrosa is pretty much coming to an end. I think the arc dragged out more than it should have and waiting a week especially with frequent breaks can be slightly frustrating. The final fight was alright, but I'm not too fond with fights in One Piece anyway. Gear four is awesome tho.

With that said the last chapter was pretty crazy. Kaidou is pretty much a beast and I hope he wipes the floor with the alliance just so we can see the power difference between the yonkous and supernovas. And finally we get to see some Sanji, I wonder what happened with Big Mom's ship and what the curly pirates are up to.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 11:06 am

This chapter was ok I suppose, I don't really like these type of chapters as they don't cover too much on a weekly basis. Sengoku literally transformed into Garp after retiring lol, he's a lot more chill now and Fujitora's ways of justice is RNG as fuck. Hopefully Oda doesn't off panel the event with Kaidou and the Kidd alliance like he does with other things sometimes, was really looking forward to this weeks chapter because of it. I'm not sure if Luffy is going to fight Fujitora, he probably might end up claiming Dressrosa under the strawhats. Either way unfortunately it's apparently on break next week due to a holiday in Japan or something, not sure tho.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 1:34 pm

Yeah, everything is on break next week. I think it might be Obon. But either way, I agree that the chapter was okay. I'm glad we got to see Sengoku, but I do find Fujitora's methodology a bit weak. I like him, but this is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 2:41 pm

I understand his goals but I'm not sure if he's going the right away about it. He just had an argument about not capturing the heroes of the country who dealt with the WGs mess with Akainu and decided he'd leave it up to 'fate' with the dice rolls. With that said tho, thinking about Fujitoras abilities makes me believe his observation haki must be god-like. He's blind yet has admiral level status.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 21st 2015, 3:04 am

Maan the ending of the arc is taking forever. Hope Oda wraps it up in the next chapter. Otherwise, the chapter was okay, but I feel like there's too much pointless dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 21st 2015, 11:18 am

Most likely, Oda will stretch it out so that 800 is the last chapter in the arc. There's something going on with Law apparently, so that will probably come into play soon and then the whole thing with Fujitora will likely stretch it out to the very end. This holds true if we also pan over to Sanji and the others or Kaidou.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 9:49 am

This chapter was better than last week. The talk between law and sengoku was cool, their bond together reminds me of Garps and Ace. I'm also curious to see how the battle between Fujitora pans out since I don't think it's going to be an all out or Luffy winning for that matter. Fuji seems a lot more powerful. Anyway I still wish Oda would spend less time on explaining certain things that are less relevant.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 10:12 am

When Fujitora did what he did, I imagined myself in that country and watching all that rubble just lift into the air. That was sick.
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

Quote : "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do..."

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyAugust 27th 2015, 4:53 pm

I think my chin dropped a bit as I stared at that image of the rubble going whosh. XD

Law and Sengoku's talk in a way reminded me of Ace and Grap and time when Garp talked with Ace about whether or not Ace deserved to live. In a way, just as heartbreaking. Kinda also reminded me of Thorfinn from Vinland Saga as I found it funny to compare similar situations with a very different outcome.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 3rd 2015, 8:14 am

Panda just translated Doflamingo as a Yonko. Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 3rd 2015, 7:44 pm

Lol don`t they proof read what they translate, That Fujitota face tho
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 3rd 2015, 7:50 pm

One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 UI7trlJ
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 4th 2015, 6:24 am

Vodka wrote:
Lol don`t they proof read what they translate, That Fujitota face tho

Mangapanda doesn't at all. Their staff now just uses Google Translator from what I heard. MS has the translators themselves proofread for better and for worse.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 5th 2015, 11:30 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 UI7trlJ

Reminds me of Gootecks
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 16th 2015, 9:35 am

Just in case y'all didn't realize before reading this post, OP is out.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 16th 2015, 10:19 am

I think that we all expected how that would go down. I do wonder what Sengoku intends to do now that he joined Fujitora and how Akainu is going to react to this.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 16th 2015, 2:58 pm

I really don't like Fujitora, his actions seems so inconsistent. This arc would have been over a long time had Akainu been present. One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 1973326076
Back to top Go down
Srylanna
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Srylanna

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 16th 2015, 5:39 pm

Vodka wrote:
I really don't like Fujitora, his actions seems so inconsistent. This arc would have been over a long time had Akainu been present. One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 1973326076

Akainu would have just killed them all. No fun in that.

Fujitora is okay. I liked him after bow to King Riku, but later on, I found him to be okay. I think that his inconsistency is sort of a point since he is compromising between Akainu's orders and his own brand of justice the best he can in given surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 16th 2015, 5:57 pm

I think from the start Fujitora never cared about what Akainu wanted.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptySeptember 25th 2015, 11:59 am

Good chapter this week. Loved Doflamingos speech along with the sick art. Can't wait to see post time skip Lucci in action. Law and Luffy has the same bounties which is interesting, I would have thought Luffys might have been slightly higher.
Back to top Go down
Vodka
Citizen
Citizen
Vodka

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 EmptyOctober 2nd 2015, 7:26 pm

Oh man, Zou is already looking pretty cool. I wonder how much information we're going to get out of this arc regarding the history of the OP world. Really like the idea of the elephant island.

Also Weeble doesn't seem too interesting imo, he's most likely going to end up being an ally of Luffy since they both despise Blackbeard and how he's portrayed to be 'non-evil'. However Kizarus statement of him having the same power of a young Whitebeard is pretty exciting tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Chapter Discussion   One Piece Chapter Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Piece Chapter Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next