The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

Go down 
+8
donitaly92
VideoGPlayer12
WWEDX2007
Superbuu3
Mishimi
Strider Zero
justinlynch3
????
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Empty
PostSubject: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyDecember 27th 2011, 3:38 am

Ah yes, since nobody else talks about it besides Justin, the WWE is an organization that I loved since I was like 4 or 5. I watch many classics happen and sadly saw it's down fall. Most people said WWE died after it name switch from the World Wrestling Federation(WWF) to the WWE. Some say it died after the program went PG, I say it died because it lost great talent and can't find any more. But how can you? You can't get classics like Austin 3:16, the most electrifying man, Raw is Jericho, or anything like that anymore. All it is now is 2 people, a guy who really likes pipebombs and Ice cream(Cm punk) and another who "Goes above hate" and is the prodigy of the PG era ( John Cena, though the WWE was pg until the attitude era and then went back in 2008 or 09.) I know they're are others, but most have no personality into any storyline.

So yea, what do you think of WWE (If you have watch it)
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyDecember 28th 2011, 7:33 pm

It isn't a lack of talent. Christian is great in the ring, Orton has been putting on fine matches, Sheames has been doing good, and Mark Henry had just come off one hell of a world title run. Not to mention they still have Kane going full time, as well as Triple H who can be called upon anytime. Barret has been coming up the ranks well and Cody Rhodes has been great as IC champ. Plus we can't overlook Ziggler who has been putting on great matches also, hell, even Miz is going pretty good.

However you are right, many of the WWE talent are lacking personality. Punk is one of the best in WWE these days for personality. Although heel R-Truth has been pretty damn good as well. The main roster is well enough off, but all the new guys, not so much.

WWE losing Edge never helped anything, and Rey Mysterio hasn't been in action in a long time. Worse then that a lot of people suspect WWE to soon lose the veteran Undertaker. Last time he fought was at the 2010 Wrestle Mania and has been "recovering" ever since as far as I've heard.

They are losing much more talent then they are building. They also seem afraid of taking risks, trying out story idea one week then changing the next if people don't initially take to it. They need to do more like they are doing with Orton/Barret, they need more serious feuds between seasoned wrestles and new talent, otherwise, they are going to run out of seasoned talent and be left with a bunch of new guys nobody cares about, because there was no build to them.

Lets see who's been injured/left since I started watching in 2010.

Shawn Micheal's (HBK) - Retired.
Edge - Forced retirement due to injury.
Undertaker - Inactive, recovering from his Wrestle Mania match.
Rey Mysterio - Last heard of with knee injury and surgery, been inactive a long time.
Christian - Been inactive past month, injury.

5 seasoned wrestlers inactive over the course of this past year, 2 retired, 1 expected to be on his way out, 2 injured.

Meanwhile, Daniel Bryan has gotten somewhat of a push and cashed in money in the bank to become world champ, but meh, I'm not on board with him much yet. Alberto Del Rio has also been pretty meh, some solid in ring matches, but I think his character has just gotten somewhat dull. Punk has been going pretty well as WWE champ, but buy far Barret has been getting the most solid push, despite not winning either of the big titles. Sin Cara has vanished, Evan Bourn has nothing going for him expect being Kofi's tag team partner/champ, Justin Gabriel is almost never seen, Mason Ryan looked like he was getting a push and a feud, but vanished, Heath Slater is jobbing to everyone. They need to do better with these newer guys or come next generation WWE might go down the shitter with nothing but a bunch of nobodies to carry the company.

Hell, I haven't seen Alex Riley in so long I almost forgot he feuded with Miz a while back.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyDecember 28th 2011, 7:35 pm

It was better when it was WWF.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyDecember 28th 2011, 9:07 pm

Even if the name was still WWF, it would still be the same today.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyDecember 29th 2011, 12:57 am

Extremewild wrote:
Even if the name was still WWF, it would still be the same today.

I meant the actual stuff was better back then. It used to be decent to good at the very least.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyDecember 29th 2011, 12:59 am

Yea, that's true, but we can't have 3:16 here anymore, unless for special appearances.

Though that should be a bible passage

Austin 3:16-I just whopped your ass.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyJanuary 8th 2012, 7:10 pm

The best things WWE has going for it right now is Mark Henry, Wade Barret, and Kane since returning.

I'm still disappointed how WWE screwed Christian over though. That was just sad. Wins World title... drops it to Orton on his first Smackdown as champ. Then can't win it again without cheating. Hope he has a better year out of it in 2012... whenever he gets back from injury that is.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyJanuary 8th 2012, 9:46 pm

Wade Barret is one of the reasons I despise WWE. Mark Henry, who cares. Kane, which is great that he is with a mask again, but I still don't get it why he's attacking Cena, shouldn't Cena be focusing on that whole Wrestlemania 28 with Rock, I mean they barely gave them any reason to fight.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyJanuary 8th 2012, 10:46 pm

Extremewild wrote:
Wade Barret is one of the reasons I despise WWE. Mark Henry, who cares. Kane, which is great that he is with a mask again, but I still don't get it why he's attacking Cena, shouldn't Cena be focusing on that whole Wrestlemania 28 with Rock, I mean they barely gave them any reason to fight.

lol A lot of people said "who cares" about Mark Henry before 2011. But his whole heel character, and recent world title run has been great if you ask me. Hell he has wins over all the top guys in WWE, hell, it looks like he could of had wins over Cena if the match wasn't interpreted. They did good with Henry, they pushed him as a legit monster heel and given his size and title, it looked believable.

Everyone expected Kane to go after Henry. After all it was Henry that took Kane out of action. But Kane's current character revolves around him embracing hate, if you remember before his time off, Kane said he was "feeling more human". I guess Henry taking him out made Kane embrace the hate again, thus making him stronger. I suppose in a way, Kane is "grateful" to Henry for freeing the monster inside. So why Cena? Cena is the top baby face in WWE, the guy who raises above the hate. It seems Kane's current story is all about getting Cena to give in and embrace the hate. To show people that even the top guy can be turned to the dark side. With any luck at all, Kane succeeds and Cena is in for a heel turn. God knows he needs one.

I'm liking where Wade Barret is going as a singles competitor. He's not bad on the mic, came off a nice feud with Orton. He's one of the few guys that is not champion title picture and still having effort invested into his character.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyJanuary 8th 2012, 10:50 pm

Kane was the man back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyApril 7th 2012, 10:58 pm

I watched a few matches yesterday from the most recent Wrestlemania. I saw Kane vs Randy Orton, The Undertaker vs Triple H and John Cena vs The Rock. Kane looks horrible now. Like I said above, Kane was the man back then. He was my favorite. But he still was cool when he choke slammed Orton twice. Loved The Rock as usual and the Undertaker vs Triple H match was the best.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyApril 8th 2012, 12:27 am

I agree above.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyApril 9th 2012, 11:59 am

I found Taker VS HHH at WM 28 on Youtube. Really is a good match.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyApril 9th 2012, 1:05 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:

Yeah, definitely one of the best I've seen. Triple H put a real smackdown on Undertaker. Almost as bad as Kane did (I doubt anyone will beat what Kane did to him).
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyApril 9th 2012, 1:16 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
justinlynch3 wrote:

Yeah, definitely one of the best I've seen. Triple H put a real smackdown on Undertaker. Almost as bad as Kane did (I doubt anyone will beat what Kane did to him).

I'm wondering what all this end of a era is going to mean. The build up was that HHH was going to end Taker, but he never. Yet it is still called the end of a era match. I wonder if this was planned to be Taker's last match or something, the 20 - 0 win streak. Right now even the commentators don't even know know (or they was told not to say) what will happen at next years Wrestle Mania.

Then again if Taker is so beat up that he can only manage 1 match a year (which he's been doing the past few years) then you'd have to think that he is retiring soon. And 20 - 0 is a good record to go out on.

I guess we just got to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyApril 19th 2012, 5:22 pm

Man I'm sad Christian's return earlier was only a set up to get him out of Wrestle Mania instead of a real return, we really need the guy back.

Here is a part of Orton VS Christian for the world title last year, where the feud started.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/smackdown-christian-vs-randy-orton-world-heavyweight-championship-match-25014094

Almost every match those two had together was good matches, and I never even seen the PPV's. I heard one of their best matches that entire feud was at Over The Limit, a Wrestle Mania quality match. I should really search that up.

All I got right now is a highlight video.

They got to stop making PPV's like $60.

I wouldn't mind $20 or $30 especially on the two big nights of the year (Summer Slam & Wrestle Mania), but jeez, who the hell are these people paying $60 a month. I mean it may be better matches then is normally allowed on TV, but still.
Back to top Go down
Mishimi
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Mishimi

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 9th 2012, 5:35 pm

soooo..... how about brocks return? his loss to cena was gay as shit... looking forward to the hhh/lesnar fued though...

i want kharma to come back. she's the only diva worth a damn.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonballmakai.forumotion.com/
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 9th 2012, 5:39 pm

Ya WWE dropped the ball with Natalya and Beth Phoenix, Kharma is our last hope for diva's.

Brock was cool I guess. His return was good, feud was alright.
Back to top Go down
Mishimi
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Mishimi

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 9th 2012, 5:56 pm

enthusiastic!!
Back to top Go down
Mishimi
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Mishimi

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 11th 2012, 10:24 pm

i was hoping AJ was gonna start wailing on daniel bryan! dammit girl! XD

Show needs to become a heel again...... or at least choke slam a gm when the goofy bastard screws him over. "yes sir!"
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 12th 2012, 7:35 pm

WWE needs to fire John L. Seriously, the man is so dull and boring, a complete buzz kill. Even after his attack on Cena, whenever he picks up a mic I'm still "*sigh* Just get it over with already". He's terrible on the mic, why in the blue hell he was hired as a GM role, I have no idea. They should have Triple H back as COO/Raw GM, and give Teddy Long Smackdown again. At least they are entertaining GM's.

And I agree, AJ should of completely snapped on Daniel Bryan. The diva division desperately need something interesting going on.
Back to top Go down
Mishimi
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Mishimi

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 12th 2012, 10:30 pm

the anonymous gm was more entertaining than laurinitus! XD

i started to like john for a few weeks, but he has worn out his welcome with me.

well, like i say, we need kharma back. i heard she had a miscarriage with her pregnancy, so she should come back soon. 'specially after her cameo at the rr.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 13th 2012, 12:53 am

Mishimi wrote:
the anonymous gm was more entertaining than laurinitus! XD

i started to like john for a few weeks, but he has worn out his welcome with me.

well, like i say, we need kharma back. i heard she had a miscarriage with her pregnancy, so she should come back soon. 'specially after her cameo at the rr.

Yea Kharma returning should help as well.

And damn do I ever want Christian to soon return. WWE has the perfect plot, and is in the right setting to do a Christian VS CM Punk feud. Story wise Christian could be pissed that Punk made him miss Wrestle Mania after he returned the first time. Christian did a hell of a feud with Randy Orton in 2011, I'd love to see what type of matches Christian and Punk would put on together.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 13th 2012, 2:09 am

Ugh..... John L is got to be one of the worst GMs in WWE. When Eric Bichsoff was GM, he made us want to hate him by his actions, not by his annoying voice. and I still hate the fact that WWE is so into the IWC face with this whole WWE universe bullshit. Oh and am I the only who is sick of Micheal Cole now? Not because he's a heel, but the fact wwe shove him in our faces on almost every show with his god awful feud with Jerry.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) EmptyMay 13th 2012, 11:32 am

Mister Cuddlesworth wrote:
Ugh..... John L is got to be one of the worst GMs in WWE. When Eric Bichsoff was GM, he made us want to hate him by his actions, not by his annoying voice. and I still hate the fact that WWE is so into the IWC face with this whole WWE universe bullshit. Oh and am I the only who is sick of Micheal Cole now? Not because he's a heel, but the fact wwe shove him in our faces on almost every show with his god awful feud with Jerry.

The Cole/Jerry feud has been over for a while. I was sick of Cole during that feud, but since then he's toned it down, just being a regular heel announcer, and isn't nearly as annoying no more. No more Cole mine, no more Jerry/Cole matches, no more interrupting diva matches, etc. He's back to just being a heel announcer and occasionally doing interviews with superstars. So he's toned it down quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Movies and Television-
Jump to: