The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 1st 2012, 12:42 am

Beat 13 last week. Now I'm in the process of playing 13-2. Has anyway beat 'em both?
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 1st 2012, 12:28 pm

Platinum on both. They're my only platinums, too. >>;
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 1st 2012, 2:48 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
Platinum on both. They're my only platinums, too. >>;

Opinion on them?
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 1st 2012, 3:06 pm

They weren't great, per se, but I didn't really have anything against them as games or as part of the Final Fantasy franchise.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 1st 2012, 3:56 pm

I could probably agree to that. The battle system got very irritating in FF13 though until you finally get to Gran Pulse. That was really when you were finally able to start training. The sad part is that it took 30 to 40 hours just to get there.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 1st 2012, 4:59 pm

I'll partially agree with that. I think the battle system started coming together from Palumpolum to the Lindblum. Large parts of that had to do with Lightning's Axis Blade and Fang's Sentinel abilities.

My bigger issue had to do with the equipment upgrading system. IMO, that part was so unbalanced if you had no clue what you were doing. You literally need a guide/calculator to upgrade the weapons/accessories properly.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 2nd 2012, 2:48 pm

Very true. I had to use a guide and experiment on my own just to find out a good method on how to make my characters ultimate weapons. Otherwise, you'd just be wasting materials. It wasn't very clear in the game to begin with.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 3rd 2012, 1:19 am

XIII-2 >>>>>>>>> XIII
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 1:09 am

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3027

Oh, just make the Goddamn announcement already.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 1:30 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3027

Oh, just make the Goddamn announcement already.

Spoiler:

That would be too easy, wouldn't it? But yes, I do agree. It's so damn obvious.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 9:25 am

13 was terrible.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 10:01 am

Pepsi wrote:
Hate them all.......
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 5:04 pm

Pepsi wrote:
13 was terrible.

I thought so too. I bashed it like all hell when I was in the middle of playing the game, but it actually grew on me.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 5:32 pm

Actually 13 IS terrible
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyJune 23rd 2012, 5:58 pm

Pepsi wrote:
Actually 13 IS terrible

Well everyone's entitled to their own opinions. No arguments here.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptySeptember 29th 2012, 8:57 am

I'm over 20 hours into the game without training. Do I need to train at all in order to beat the story? I beat the Primarch and I'm just after beating Raines. I did a very short amount of training in two or three spots just to cap off some Crystarium grids.

I've sort of decided on using Lightning, Vanille and Snow. Is that a good choice? At this point, Fang is slightly stronger than Snow, but Snow has the extra ATB and the Ravager class to help with staggering when I want Lightning to go Commando. Vanille's magic>Hope's and debuffing is helping me just as much as buffing. Sahz is far too balanced for his own good to be the least bit helpful when you have two people like Lightning and Snow in the equation.

My paradigms I'm using right now are:

Lightning Vanille Snow
C R C
R R C
C M R
M M SE
M SA SE
C SA C

C = Commando, R = Ravager, M = Medic, SE = Sentinel, SA = Saboteur
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptySeptember 29th 2012, 9:09 am

No training is required to beat the story, but it does make certain parts a bit easier.

You're coming up on the point to where the rest of the party will get their Eidolons fairly quickly.

At that point, I'd go with Lightning, Fang, and Vanille, due to both of them having SAB roles that complement each other really well.

RAV/COM/RAV
RAV/SAB/SAB (Trust me, this paradigm is a field-killer)
COM/SEN/RAV
RAV/COM/MED

Just as a basis.

The only other thing is that Sazh can be a beast against large targets. Dual-blitz FTW. His Synergist abilities can be helpful if you run out of shrouds.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptySeptember 29th 2012, 9:19 am

I actually haven't used a lot of Shrouds for boss fights yet. I used a fortisol and aegisol for the Primarch and that was it I think. I might switch in Fang every now and then when she gets her Eidolon. The other major reason I use Snow is because he's my favorite. I might use Fang more when I can tell a boss fight is coming up though.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyOctober 23rd 2012, 3:42 am

Did you ever beat the game and or XIII-2 yet Strider?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyOctober 23rd 2012, 3:55 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
Did you ever beat the game and or XIII-2 yet Strider?

I'm at Gran Pulse now, training a little. Getting Lightning, Vanille, Fang and Snow to the end of one crystarium grid each with 4K, 6K, 8K and 10K CP needed for each. Lightning and Fang are on Commando grids, Vanille on Medic and Snow on Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 9:16 am

I take back the stupid shit I said about Sahz and Hope. I love the double Synergist paradigm with Lightning on point. A lot of these battles are annoying as shit and Saboteur isn't helping me a ton with multiple annoying ass enemies. I had to switch to Lightning, Sahz and Hope for both Rosch battles and I bodied him. I quite liked Rosch before he offed himself.

The major problem I have with this gameplay is the overly and unnecessarily tedious normal battles. Some normal enemies are stronger and more annoying than bosses that ensue after them. It's really hard to find a good battle strategy to make them go by a lot faster. 1 Synergist and 1 Saboteur doesn't seem to work as well as double Saboteur or double Synergist. Is Snow even remotely helpful in this game at this point? Fang completely outclasses him in physical power and has debuffing. If you don't have two of your three party members with debuffing/buffing, you might as well switch. That's how it looks to me at least.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 9:29 am

Snow is a significantly better Sentinel than Fang, thanks to his high HP. If you're going for some of the post-game bosses, he's the way to go for that, especially on Attacus. As far as the rest of the characters are concerned, it's going to largely depend on how much you push into their secondary roles. Some notable ones are as follows.

Sazh is a beast, knowing all nine debuffs in the post-game Crystarium.
Fang and Vanille are amazing as Synergists, being the only ones who learn Bravera, Faithra, Protectra, and Shellra.
Lightning only learns two abilities on Sentinel: Provoke and Elude. The latter makes her dodge attacks almost entirely.
Everyone else can be very useful in their own regard on other roles, save for Hope. He's useless on Saboteur, as he only learns the -ga versions of the spells. And using him as a Sentinel would just be stupid, thanks to his low HP.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 9:33 am

Prince Doebler wrote:
Snow is a significantly better Sentinel than Fang, thanks to his high HP. If you're going for some of the post-game bosses, he's the way to go for that, especially on Attacus. As far as the rest of the characters are concerned, it's going to largely depend on how much you push into their secondary roles. Some notable ones are as follows.

Sazh is a beast, knowing all nine debuffs in the post-game Crystarium.
Fang and Vanille are amazing as Synergists, being the only ones who learn Bravera, Faithra, Protectra, and Shellra.
Lightning only learns two abilities on Sentinel: Provoke and Elude. The latter makes her dodge attacks almost entirely.
Everyone else can be very useful in their own regard on other roles, save for Hope. He's useless on Saboteur, as he only learns the -ga versions of the spells. And using him as a Sentinel would just be stupid, thanks to his low HP.

My questions only relate to during the story. I'm not going for any post-game stuff.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 9:39 am

Then Light, Sazh and Hope should carry you through the rest of the game. I'd push Light and Sazh into Saboteur a bit, though.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. EmptyNovember 6th 2012, 5:16 am

I decided to go with Lightning, Fang and Hope for the last battles. I beat the game with this setup.

Lightning, Hope, Fang in that order.

R, R, C
R, M, C
M, M, SE
C, Syn, SA
M, Syn, SA
C, Syn, C

Worked out pretty well. If that setup didn't work on Orphan, then I was going to play an extremely defensive game with Snow (leader), Lightning and Vanille (AKA my original team).

Spoiler:

Well, on to XIII-2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.   Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2. Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next