The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 1:04 am

Figured I'd post a new topic for this and do things a little differently this time. I want to reboot this. Here's how it works.

1: Two level 9 CPUs will battle it out on a 3 stock battle at no time limit.
2: All matches will be played on Final Destination. Grand finals are best 2/3.
3: You will be picking the winner of each battle in a single elimination bracket style. However you wish to submit the bracket is fine with me, as long as you have expressed clearly who should win each fight. All brackets should be submitted privately (i.e PM or if you catch me on AIM).
4: The matches will be recorded by a webcam. The quality won't be the best, but we will have video proof of each winner unlike the 64 tournament. Two matches will be posted per day.
5: Scoring will be higher each round. More definitive numbers will be posted on the official topic once brackets have been submitted and the process of the tournament starts.
6: Factor in Shiek's potential appearance and performance when judging Zelda's battle(s).

We need at least four people to sign up to make it an official competition here on Mystic. So please sign up.

Update: Here are the brackets.

Spoiler:

Helpful hints of how to submit the bracket:

1: Post the match ups by text and bold the winner. For instance, Peach vs Zelda. Do that all the way down the line and then move on to round 2, 3, and beyond. After round 2, it's as simple as matching the contestants up in sets of 2. So I would recommend that if you are going to use this method, do one match per line. Example:

Peach vs Zelda
Fox vs Falco

In that scenario, Zelda will face Fox in Round 3 if these were the Round 2 match ups.

2: Use any type of picture software (like Paint) to edit the winners into the picture. Self explanatory.

3: I will attach the Tio file if you have the Tio Tournament Organizer software (Which is what I am using). You may fill out the brackets via Tio and save the image and send it to me. This is probably the cleanest and easiest way of filling out the bracket. If you don't own it, it is free. Just google it and it should pop up on the first choice.
Attachments
Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. AttachmentSSBM Bracket.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(4 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Ryu on October 18th 2012, 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 1:14 am

I'm in.

1: Strider Zero
2:
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 1:39 am

The brackets are live.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 12:50 pm

I'm in as well. Is there any way to bold the results in Tio?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 2:06 pm

Prince Doebler wrote:
I'm in as well. Is there any way to bold the results in Tio?

Tio does the results for you. We used it and still use it for official Brawl Tournaments whether online or offline. You just double click the winner and they will advance. Once your bracket is filled and complete, right click on the bracket and save as image.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 2:44 pm

Edit: PM'd to Ryu

Last edited by Prince Doebler on October 18th 2012, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 2:52 pm

Lol don't show us. You're supposed to submit it privately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.   Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups. Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Melee Pick Tournament Redux Sign ups.
Page 1 of 1