The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it Empty
PostSubject: Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it   Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it EmptyDecember 2nd 2012, 9:41 pm

So, we should all know by now that music does influence our mental state to some degree. I think sometimes though, we tend to listen to certain kinds of music at certain times (i.e Christmas music at Christmas time or some people listen to punk rock during depressing times). I'm not just talking about holidays though, but our moods. I'll give you an example of mine.

When I have some troubles, I generally listen to hard rock. I never really though about it till now, but you know how you can recall certain times when you hear certain songs? I thought about it, and that's probably the main thing I listen to when there are troubled times for me. Gets me hyped up and helps me a bit. I'll listen to Soundtrack type of music usually to pass the time when I don't have any particular preference of what I want to listen to. That's all I can think of right now.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it   Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it EmptyDecember 3rd 2012, 2:35 am

I listen to country music on a regular basis. It happens to calm my nerves.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Nagisa-sama.
Citizen
Citizen
Nagisa-sama.

Female Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it   Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 5:05 am

Indie Pop, Electro Indie, Jazz and Blues Rock is very inspiring to me. I specifically listen to these genres when I'm making sigs or drawing. Classical music stabilizes my mind; my thinking, so before I study, I listen to that and drink tea (I also drink tea while studying/doing homework). It's like a ritual lol :p I listen to OST's when I'm upset. And I listen to Spanish romantic music when I'm well... you know, thinking about my love *blush*.

Everything else like hard rock, classic rock, oldies, blues, jazz, disco, alternative, experimental etc. I listen to regularly.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it   Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it EmptyJanuary 26th 2013, 1:01 am

I listen to J-Rock when I'm playing videogames (RPGs and SRPGs excluded, motion control games on Wii semi-excluded - not a lot of J-Rock on my MP3 player so depends on what game). Somehow helps me focus more than the video game music (example: I play my best Madden when listening to the band Dazzle Vision).

When I'm feeling sad, I listen to a LOT of Flyleaf, +44 and Linkin Park. Oh yeah and music from various Pokemon shows/movies/games. That tends to cheer me up fast.

----

Other than that, it's just music that I like.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it   Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it EmptyJanuary 26th 2013, 1:32 am

Haven't done it in a while, but when listening to music and playing games I like Rock. However I find it sometimes get you a little to pumped. Like in a racing game I tend to find myself driving harder, and I find myself to push my luck more and take turns faster in I got music on.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it   Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it Empty

Back to top Go down

Music with Moods and your Idiosyncrasies with it
Page 1 of 1