The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evolution.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Evolution. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 22nd 2015, 1:57 am

Hannah rides off to the city, getting off the atv at a payphone. They were rare now, but she needed it.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 22nd 2015, 3:42 am

"Yes, enemies can show up at anytime. Hannah taught you how to better use your powers, but as for me I will be giving you the bulk of your training. There are two major parts to my training. The first is close combat, because fighting from a distance might not be an option. The second is dealing with other gifted. As someone who has worked for the government, you should understand that there are gifted out there that like hunting other gifted so you need to be prepared. Before we do any of that, let's eat that stew because I sure that you are hungry." Zaria smiles at Katie.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 22nd 2015, 2:01 pm

Hannah makes her call, it being to the lead singer of another band. When he asks who it is, her response is fast as if it's rehearsed, singing "I'm at a payphone trying to call home, all my change I spent on you"

The man recognises it and answers with "Hannah, what a surprise, come to my place", then Hannah finishes up with "I'll be 10 minutes" before hanging up and riding the atv again
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 12:09 am

"Oh, sure." Katie went over and got the stew along with some bowls, pouring up some for herself and Zaria. "This is gonna be sooo good after my training earlier." Katie begins to eat the mention of hunger making Katie realize just how hungry she is. "I've heard of other gifted that hunt our own kind. I don't get it though we all have a common enemy, why hurt others like us? Luckily I haven't had to face others like us yet, the government had me as part of their Paranormal division. I was sent here probably cause of ghost readings, meeting you guys was by chance." Katie explained.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 12:38 am

"That's probably what they wanted you to think. It's possible that they sent you here to die. There have been ghost sightings in the area, but the government doesn't send out gifted to hunt possible ghosts. Gifted people were once thought to be the stuff of comic books, but we are very real. We aren't seeking destruction, but peace. The only reason that we are thought of as dangerous is through a combination of a few bad ones and the media."

Zaria turns to her food with serious look on her face. Then a smile comes on her face. "But don't worry about those things. Right now we should focus on building our physical strength and the strength of our friendship because the most important resource right now is allies."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 12:59 am

"Right" Katie said agreeing with Zaria, friends at times like this was very important. "So you are going to teach me close combat, right Zaria? That's pretty exciting, I never got any amount of training in this area before. Given our situations, this will be a great skill to learn."
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 9:43 am

Hannah is now talking to the man, knowing that he owes her a few favors. He agrees to help her try to recruit through music and an underground concert tour across the city.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 23rd 2015, 11:34 pm

The girls finish their stew. "Before we begin, you should change into your other clothes. They are more suited for my training. It's not that I don't like that maid outfit, because it looks great on you, but they are good for close combat fighting."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 12:32 am

"OK sure." Katie went into the room, quckly enough she was changed back into military cloths. She comes back out. "Urg I'm soo less cute looking in this." While it felt strange at first, Katie couldn't lie she had quickly warmed up to the maid outfit, it was quite a sexy look.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 1:12 am

"I know, but you can pick your own combat attire once you have figured out your own unique fighting style. As you have seen, Hannah's fighting style focuses on long range combat. I however am more of a close combat fighter with some mid-ranged capabilities just in case. I believe that you have the potentional for long, mid, and close range combat, but we will just have to wait and see. I have prepared a place for training in a field behind the cabin."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 1:29 am

"Really? I figured my lack of experience in anything but long range already determined my style. Why... do you think I'll adopt well to close range?" Katie was surprised Zaria thought so much of her ability wise. If Katie did adopt well to long, mid, and close range, it'd leave her little in the way of weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 2:27 am

"You would think that, but because you have water and ice powers you can fight at multiple ranges. As for your fighting style, only you can finalize it. In my case, I have great mid and close combat skills, but my style leans more towards close combat. You might have the capabilities for multiple ranges, but you may prefer one over the other. I have tried to teach Hannah close combat skills, but she always refuses. She says that her long range skills are enough and that if things get bad I am there to support her and vises versa since my powers aren't very useful at long range."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 2:43 am

"I see, cool.   Before we have a full on battle and start involving our powers, I can control my powers.   But I really hardly know anything about up close fighting.    My striking ability is poor and I don't imagine guarding is much better.   I would assume up close one needs more then a power alone, you need some sense of basic fighting skill.   And this area I know I lack in."
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 5:00 pm

"Trust me, I wasn't going to let you use them anyway. Besides, you aren't ready to face me when I use my powers. Now Let's head out."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 5:23 pm

"Alright, lead the way." Katie follows Zaria out to her training grounds. "Alright Zaria, what are we starting with?" Katie didn't fancy herself a good fighter, so she seemed pretty excited to learn. But, she couldn't be within government ranks without doing some research and getting a basic idea of what close combat was. There was so much Katie looked forward to properly learning. Proper striking, proper defending, different combat styles like striker, kicker, evasive, take down grappling (military style). It was such a large art to craft. But she did look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 5:42 pm

Zaria leads Katie to the training field. Upon arriving we see that the land has been cut up to make a fighting ring. The platform at the center seems to be about the size of a traditional sumo ring. Around that is a five foot gap that goes around the whole ring like a moat but without water.

"Welcome to the close combat arena. As you can see, that platform is where we will train.  The small size will keep us close while the gap around it will help to prevent you from getting too far from me nor I from you."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 6:40 pm

"I hope we don't fall, what is that, 5 or 6 feet?" Katie sized up gap around the training area, seemed like there was safer ways to enclose two people, like using walls, but looks like she'd just have to be careful. "Well it is what it is, looks great, I'll give you that."
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 6:46 pm

"The drop is about 5 feet. There many ways to enclose two people, but I don't have the supplies to do any other. At least this is better than my idea to have Hannah create a ring of fire." Zaria turns to Katie and smiles.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 10:36 pm

"Umm yea, this is certainly better." It was a little scary just thinking about being surrounded all around by fire. Then again she did control water and ice.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 10:44 pm

"Ok, Let's begin." Zaria jumps over the gap to the platform. "Can you make the jump?"
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 11:13 pm

"Ummm... yea... yea I can do this." Katie seemed to second guess herself at the start but she went for it. Katie just makes the gap, barely balancing herself on the ledge, Zaria grabs her shoulder to give Katie a slight tug forward so she didn't fall back into the gap. "Thanks" Katie replied.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 11:18 pm

"Now let's start with offense. I want you to try and hit me. Remember you must only use your fists and no powers."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 11:39 pm

"Alright I'll try." Katie said. Katie didn't take any sort of fighting stance, she just kinda lunged at Zaria and started throwing strikes. For Zaria who's more experienced in close fighting, Katie's attacks was very slow and sloppy. Katie also didn't seem to change it up just tossing straight forward strikes in hope of hitting something.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 24th 2015, 11:47 pm

Zaria looks disappointed at Katie. "Too easy." She easily dodges all of Katie's strikes. Then she swiftly jabs Katie in the stomach causing her to bend over in pain. "I am sorry if that strike seemed harsh, but just throwing hits isn't going to get you anywhere. You have to try to be more thoughtful about how and where you strike."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 EmptyNovember 25th 2015, 12:25 am

Katie took a step back from Zaria strike, the pain started to pass soon enough. "Well that's why I'm here right, to learn this stuff." Katie rubbed her stomach a bit as any lingering pain subsided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution.
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next