The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)

Go down 
+12
bobbert33
Dr. Sage
carnagevegeta
Limelight788
????
Ryu
Raz
Chulance
Strider Zero
Sain
ArmorZeroX
Rasequi0
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2009-09-07

what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 3:55 pm

Hmm, that's a pretty friggin awesome rap.

I like any type of rap really. Eminem is pretty fly, I like it when he does songs with other rappers.

Fort Minor is ok, and which rappers do you consider Old? Master Flash, 2Pac?
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 3:57 pm

Yeah, 2pac and gang. People like 50 cent, Ludicrous, etc I don't like but everyone has their opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 4:04 pm

Hmm Ah I see.

Well at least u like 3pac. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Limelight788

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 9:18 pm

Originally hated it because my grandmother told me not to like it (Yeah, lame reason). But to be honest, I don't really like rap because with other genre, you can at least understand the lyrics. Not so with rap.

That being said, I did like Strider Pent's example of when rap can be good. "In His World" had potential to be a #1 hit on the Billboard chart in 2006/2007, had it not been for two things:

1. Had Sega actually put the song on MTV to see how much people liked it. I bet a lot of people would have enjoyed it.

2. If the game didn't suck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Limelight760
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 6:24 am

You know, I can be a rapper too. GET ME AUTOTUNE!!! Very Happy

Yea, that pretty much 95% of rap, crappy autotune bullshit, other then Eminem, Rap is a piece of shit that needs to either be better or die.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 12:35 pm

Empirewild wrote:

Yea, that pretty much 95% of rap, crappy autotune bullshit, other then Eminem, Rap is a piece of shit that needs to either be better or die.

Let me list rappers that are good:

The guys that did the original Pokerap
The guy that did Row Row Fight the Power
MC Hammer
The old Vanilla Ice (i.e. Ice Ice Baby and Ninja Rap)
Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park (people just usually don't notice that he raps)
Fort Minor (includes Shinoda so I have to list it)
Beastie Boys (if you decide to listen to Beastie Boys, listen to Sabotage and Ch-Check It Out first)

There are probably a LOT of other rappers that are good.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ryu

Male Number of posts : 2077
Quote : This one is for me, Bison! HADOUKEN!

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 1:50 pm

Empirewild wrote:

You don't like the genre, we get the point. Rap can be good. By the way, autotune is used in just about every genre of music.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 5:09 pm

The Great Saiyaman wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

MC Hammer
Beastie Boys (if you decide to listen to Beastie Boys, listen to Sabotage and Ch-Check It Out first)

Fort Minor, really, I laugh at that.
MC hammer... Yea he goods
BEASTIE BOYS, REALLY, THERE A BUNCH OF QUEERS
The people who did Pokerap and Row Row fight the power are alright, even I don't watch TTGL at all and pokemon as much as I used to (I did listen to the song.)
Mike from Linkin park.....Stick with Rock. Don't ever be a rapper. It's Linkin park, they make ROCK music that is actually GOOD today's standards....That's a fucking compliment I wouldn't fuck around with. Most rock today is crap. Back then, they were fucking awesome, but they been overshadow by gay ass pop and other stupid shit.

Anyway, like I said before most Rap suck. PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 5:45 pm

Empirewild wrote:
The Great Saiyaman wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

MC Hammer

Fort Minor, really, I laugh at that.
MC hammer... Yea he goods
BEASTIE BOYS, REALLY, THERE A BUNCH OF QUEERS
The people who did Pokerap and Row Row fight the power are alright, even I don't watch TTGL at all and pokemon as much as I used to (I did listen to the song.)
Mike from Linkin park.....Stick with Rock. Don't ever be a rapper. It's Linkin park, they make ROCK music that is actually GOOD today's standards....That's a fucking compliment I wouldn't fuck around with. Most rock today is crap. Back then, they were fucking awesome, but they been overshadow by gay ass pop and other stupid shit.

Anyway, like I said before most Rap suck. PERIOD.

I guess you didn't get my point. My point is that you stated that all rap sucks except for Eminem, instead of using the words "in my opinion." I pointed out rap groups that I think are good in the same way that you said all rap is crap except for Eminem and you got extremely defensive about it.

Also, don't base bands off one song. Listen to Remember the Name and Where'd You Go by Fort Minor. I also love the fact that you completely ignored the old Vanilla Ice.

And if you want to hear good rapping, listen to some songs by Felonious.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2010, 5:58 pm

Ryu wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

You don't like the genre, we get the point. Rap can be good. By the way, autotune is used in just about every genre of music.

Mostly in Hip-hop and Rap.
Back to top Go down
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2010, 1:58 am

Not to mention Lupe Fiasco. That man actually got me into rap in the first place.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2010, 1:59 am

I overall don't care for rap, but I never minded Eminem.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Raz
Captain
Captain
Raz

Male Number of posts : 1770
Name : Raz
Quote : Who the hell do you think I am!?
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2010, 2:19 am

That's because 90% of rap is shit. But there are some good artists, I quite like a few of the ones Sain mentioned as well.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

Male Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 2:00 pm

Strider Zero wrote:
Chulance wrote:
Captain America, rap is a very hard genre.. to perform! It's not easy. I'd consider Rock to be very easy, and hip hop a bit difficult. Rappers have to know a large amount of words. They study the dictionary for hours, and try to make the songs ryhme. Also you can't rap about the same things over and over. Also coming up with beats is not easy, most rappers develop their own beat.

Only after they became famous, they get musician's to assist and quicken the development of the beats.

Also thanks for the Kanye West comment, but I really don't like rock. It's too late, While rap is more calm, and soothing The Lyrics are good, and express the artist's views of the events taking place around them. Rock is more. I ATE A SANDWHICH< AAAAAAAAAND IT T..TATATA STED ! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD YEAH< I ATE A PIECE UH CORN!

Or cliche sounds like " in the End".

Calm and soothing? People jump around like animals when rap is playing. And rap is more

"YOOOO I is be fukin sum beeches up in da house 2night yaaaaw word up ah got a pimped out CAAAAR with mah beat playin in my bitches backyard and all dat shit!"
idk about that stride well let me go ahead and chime in on this
also think about it this way do the people who put the music on the mainstream want to hear any rap that is not about shooting and fucking bitches
now rap can be very calm and soothing it is just not seen as much on the mainstream anyways but here are some very smooth and calming rap songs

ph and another thing i remember i used to hate rock untill i checked it out i use to think it was about alot of people yelling but its not just like some people think rap is about fucking bitches and shooting people

bone thugs n harmony
1. 1st of the month
2. crossroads
3.hatin nation
3. c side
4. i tried
lupe fiasco
1. streets are on fire
2. hip hop has saved my life
more by lupe but i will just give you those 2
kanye west ( some might not like him but he does talk about some real shit)
1. good life
2. see ya in my nightmares
3. paranoid
4. good mourning
5. i wonder
6. flashing lights
lil wayne
1. something you forgot
2. george bush
3. i feel like dying
tupac
1. thug nature
2. brendas got a baby
3. keep ya head up
there is hella more just listed the ones that came off the top of the head but i suggest people check it out
Back to top Go down
Dr. Sage
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
Dr. Sage

Male Number of posts : 262
Quote : And you were worried.
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 5:15 pm

I find rap to be an expressive form of music. Of course, I don't mean rap songs that say "Yo nigga nigga shoot da cops yo fuck pussy rape." I mean if it's expressing one's life and the shit they've gone through, that's fine. But meaningless crap like that, I find to be retarded. It sounds like something a kids say if they learned a few new words from their parents.
Back to top Go down
bobbert33
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
bobbert33

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm

I like the rap from Madworld. The genre itself is okay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MEbobbert33
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 8:02 pm

Hip hop back then. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
m21out
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
m21out

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 9:28 pm

Wildboy wrote:
Rap is a fucking disgrace to humanity, it's ruining by this Auto tune and these BS stuff up the ass
Not all new rap artists use auto tune.

Strider Zero wrote:
Yeah, 2pac and gang. People like 50 cent, Ludicrous, etc I don't like but everyone has their opinion.
I agree with Strider, old rappers like 2Pac are better and rappers like 50 cent are fucking jokes. 2Pac, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, Run DMC, Slick Rick, Kurtis Blow and others are better than artists like 50 cents, Souja Boy, Bow Wow, and those other crap rappers. I have to admit SOME new rappers like Kid Cudi (Doesn't get enough attention) Eminem, and J. Cole. (Doesn't get much attention neither) are pretty damn good. I turned on the radio once to a hip-hop station and a song came on that was saying something like this "You want some ass, then give me cash". It's sad to see what rap has come to. But yeah, Everyone has their own taste in music.
Back to top Go down
Chulance
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 10:34 pm

Someone mentioned Lupe Fiasco is amazing. Glad to see people like J Cole srsly his shit is amazing.

50 cent is no joke, some of his classics are amazing. Disco Infenro, In the Club. They all wrok, but Rap is my favorite genre. If you don't like the genre..you won't like any of it. For example I dont enjoy rock except for maybe Linkin Park only because I was forced to listen to his music in shitloads of amv's.

Souja Boy..I know peoplew ill get mad, but I like his beats. Speakers going hammer listen to that, but Legacy did a better remix. I dont know why people hate Lil Wayne, have yall heard Twista? He's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Prince Doebler
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring
Prince Doebler

Male Number of posts : 1457
Name : Paul
Quote : Know the difference between darkness and shadow.
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyApril 21st 2011, 1:19 pm

What a lot of people are failing to realize is that music in general is not only an expression, but also a sign of their heritage. Rap mostly originated from African chanting, and that was their primary form of music.

Rap is not my cup of tea. There's some rap I'll sit back and listen to, but not a lot.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyApril 24th 2011, 8:39 am

Strider Zero wrote:
To be honest, I don't think it takes a lot of talent to talk on a mic while a random beat is thumping in the background. To each their own, though.
THANK YOU! someone actually gets it.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2011, 5:34 pm

I like very little rap. Rock is where it's at.

Country is alright to, I have more country in my play list then I have rap. I might have like... 1 rap song. lol And that's the theme song to "Deep Blue Sea".
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)   what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what does anyone think of Rap?(ugh)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forum :: Music-
Jump to: