The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?

Go down 
+4
Sain
ArmorZeroX
Strider Zero
MulderYuffie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:24 pm

Yep incase you didn't know. Disney claims ownership of Sora , Kairi , Riku , Roxas , Namine , Xion , Org XIII , Ansem , aqua and so on. They are Nomura's creations who works for square Enix. Do you all think they should belong to their true owners or let Disney have their sick ways with them? I think KH would be better off without Disney it could have the same story just replace the Disney characters/worlds with original material.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:28 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Yep incase you didn't know. Disney claims ownership of Sora , Kairi , Riku , Roxas , Namine , Xion , Org XIII , Ansem , aqua and so on. They are Nomura's creations who works for square Enix. Do you all think they should belong to their true owners or let Disney have their sick ways with them? I think KH would be better off without Disney it could have the same story just replace the Disney characters/worlds with original material.

Well I actually like the Disney aspect they put on it (except the little mermaid shit they have). I can now watch a mickey mouse cartoon and think of a badass Disney version of Yoda (And South Park's version of him...lol).

However, I do see your point. They should seriously do something like put Sora in Spira or Midgar.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:33 pm

Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

Well I actually like the Disney aspect they put on it (except the little mermaid shit they have). I can now watch a mickey mouse cartoon and think of a badass Disney version of Yoda (And South Park's version of him...lol).

However, I do see your point. They should seriously do something like put Sora in Spira or Midgar.
Yeah the Disney aspect itself doesn't really bother me except when they edit stuff out and lol at the jonas brothers episode Very Happy It doesn't have to be Midgar or Spira since the characters from FF7 or FF10 have been established homeworlds of destiny Islands or hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. They could invent brand new worlds which they've did a goob job of so far. i loved KH1 Hollow Bastion
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:36 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:
Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

Yeah the Disney aspect itself doesn't really bother me except when they edit stuff out and lol at the jonas brothers episode Very Happy It doesn't have to be Midgar or Spira since the characters from FF7 or FF10 have been established homeworlds of destiny Islands or hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. They could invent brand new worlds which they've did a goob job of so far. i loved KH1 Hollow Bastion

Yes, and I have reason to believe that KH2 was a primary reason they're bringing Tron back into the theaters.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:42 pm

I actually never heard of Tron till I played KH2 and I watched it because of it actually so probably lol.
Back to top Go down
ArmorZeroX
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
ArmorZeroX

Male Number of posts : 2601
Name : Just call me AZX.
Quote : "Sigma! You should've studied the blueprints closer! There is only one Zero!" - Zero (Mega Man X2)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:46 pm

Same here. I really didn't really know shit about Tron until KH2.

But yeah, I actually enjoyed the Disney characters in KH. It gave it a nice feel to it and what Zero said is right, you can think of someone like Mickey as a badass character.

Last edited by Goku on August 10th 2010, 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 6:48 pm

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 7:55 pm

Did Disney design Sora? Nope. Yes, KH includes Disney characters but does Disney own KH? No.

If you don't get what I'm going towards, it's that KH might include Disney characters but Disney, in no shape or form, owns KH as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 9:14 pm

If KH didn't have Disney characters, it'd be an awful game series. It's not like Nomura's creations are brimming with personality. Most of them are complete clichés.
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 9:23 pm

The Great Saiyaman wrote:
Did Disney design Sora? Nope. Yes, KH includes Disney characters but does Disney own KH? No.

If you don't get what I'm going towards, it's that KH might include Disney characters but Disney, in no shape or form, owns KH as a whole.
Actually Disney owns everything in KH except Cloud and the other FF characters. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to make KH v cast for verizon cell phones years ago staring Sora.....Square had no involvment in it even though they should have put up a fight because that cell phone game was horrible just like coded.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 10:50 pm

MulderYuffie wrote:

Actually Disney owns everything in KH except Cloud and the other FF characters. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to make KH v cast for verizon cell phones years ago staring Sora.....Square had no involvment in it even though they should have put up a fight because that cell phone game was horrible just like coded.

Nah, actually Disney is a publisher of the KH series. Square develops the KH series and also publishes it. All Disney has is a say on what Disney chars are in it and some publishing rights but Square has publishing rights as well. It's pretty complicated.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 12:13 am

Zero wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:

Nah, actually Disney is a publisher of the KH series. Square develops the KH series and also publishes it. All Disney has is a say on what Disney chars are in it and some publishing rights but Square has publishing rights as well. It's pretty complicated.
Square does indeed develope and publishes the series alongside Disney. Sadly though Disney has the say so for anything in this series. They don't want FF you got it then they won't. They also have the say so for how the outcome of each game and or edits made in said games. When Nomura started work on the series it was contracted that Disney own the characters he creates hence KH mobile/v cast for verizon. I know it seems like I don't like Disney old disney was great although kind of ripoff of other things they still made their movies good but look now this is the best they have to offer and they are using SE to get it I think they should let things be and let Square Enix own the original KH characters because we would've goten Sora in Dissidia but sadly we didn't.
It's a little known fact that Nomura was originally going to make dissidia a KH fighting game but alas Disney would not allow it. I personally would have loved it disney included or not it would have been very interesting to me. Seems like an interesting topic I started eh? Btw here is the game where Disney worked solo on one and only one KH game that failed badly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70sNzoXFjio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts#V_Cast

Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 12:29 am

Hmm...So Disney is made up of a bunch of ass holes that won't let anyone fuck with what they got.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 12:38 am

Zero wrote:
Hmm...So Disney is made up of a bunch of ass holes that won't let anyone fuck with what they got.
Yep good thing that cell phone game failed don't worry Coded is actually being made by SE and is canon to the plot. Just goes to show that Disney would have their sick ways with beloved characters who should be owned by their real owner. As long as it gets them some profit.
Back to top Go down
Big Bird
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Big Bird

Male Number of posts : 595
Name : Big Bird
Quote : HELP!
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 7:51 pm

You guys do know Disney pays Square for the rights, right?

Right?
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Saix
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Saix

Male Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 15th 2010, 11:51 am

Of course they do. They're doing a fine job with most of the KH characters. A few of them need to be more badass but mostly they're good.
Back to top Go down
God
Citizen
Citizen
God

Number of posts : 57
Name : I am that I am
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyApril 21st 2011, 3:52 am

MulderYuffie wrote:
I think KH would be better off without Disney it could have the same story just replace the Disney characters/worlds with original material.

Then Kingdom Hearts would be one steaming pile of shit. The Disney factor is one of the series' only few redeeming qualities and one of the reasons some people(like myself) actually still bother with the franchise.

If you were to take such an integral part of KH out, you'd be left with another Final Fantasy game(only even more stupid, cheesy and badly written than FFVIII and FFX's plots combined) with real-time action gameplay, and we're already getting something like that from the same damn team soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Saix
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
Saix

Male Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyMay 2nd 2011, 11:25 pm

Hater.
Back to top Go down
God
Citizen
Citizen
God

Number of posts : 57
Name : I am that I am
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyMay 3rd 2011, 11:30 am

Saix wrote:
Hater.

Stating the truth =/= Being a hater. Just because I'm not stupid enough to blind myself into thinking the bad aspects of a series is actually good doesn't mean I'm some raging hate machine. It just means that I'm not a fool and can actually accept that some things, whether I enjoy them or not, are greatly flawed.
Back to top Go down
Ardhamon5000
Citizen
Citizen
Ardhamon5000

Male Number of posts : 16
Name : Ali
Quote : "Hello there! You're in superjail. I'm the Warden and your a Criminal."
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? EmptyAugust 11th 2012, 11:58 pm

Honestly, I'm one to care less about that. I think that Disney is doing meh. I think that both Square should own the characters. I mean, after all they were the guys who created them and Disney only owns the movies featured on there.

Either way, Disney doesn't develop any of the stories either way. :/

I think Disney's gone to shit as a company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?   Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney owning the KH characters....your opinions?
Page 1 of 1