The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

Go down 
+8
donitaly92
VideoGPlayer12
WWEDX2007
Superbuu3
Mishimi
Strider Zero
justinlynch3
????
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 12:44 am

Smackdown is worth watching, often good matches. Can usually count on Christian for a good show. However Sheames is kind of hurting as he's gone into Cena 2.0 mode since becoming champion.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 1:02 am

I'm not much of a wreslting fan as I used to be, I stopped watching around 2005 and I recently tried watching it again and now I have no idea who anyone is. It was one of those awesome things to watch because of how fun it was and today it's not as fun as it was back then as I remember it. I miss the old wrestlers, the fun events, the fun promos the funniness to the wrestlers I might just sound odd I guess but idk something about the new wrestling I don't like. To me the best times of wrestling was around 1999 to 2002.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 1:20 am

That was probably in what I hear referred to as the Attitude Era. I wasn't watching back then, I started watching steadily around late 2010 I think, when Undertaker retired HBK. From what I heard the AE was much more free and insane then it is now. We're currently in what's been called the PG Era. WWE as a whole seems to be much more toned down to attract younger viewers.

A few of the oldr guys are around. Kane and Christian still fight nearly weekly, same as Cena and Big Show. Mark Henry is still in WWE but out on injury. Undertaker usually only shows up around Wrestle Mania time, though it was cool to see him at Raw 1000. Triple H is no longer a active wrestler, but is still around a nice bit in a COO role. I think you should know Randy Orton who recently returned.

Rock and HBK show up for special occasions.

Edge is gone. His injuries caught up to him, forcing him into early retirement. And it seems he never re-signed with WWE as a legend.

Hope that helps as a bit of a update VideoGPlayer12
Back to top Go down
VideoGPlayer12
Citizen
Citizen
VideoGPlayer12

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 3:20 am

It kinda does and yes all those wrestlers I do know and I remember them. But thanks for the update, I really cared for it mostly in 2001 as that was around the age I could really understand what was going on and I still remember sitting around with my dad watching it every monday and saturday then every friday, watching my favorites like Mankind, Billy Gun, Road Dogg, X Poc, Steve Austin, The Rock, Kane, Undertaker, China, Triple H and many others. the royal rumble from 2000 and 2001 will always be stuck in my head as the best royal rumbles with the 2002 wrestlemania being my all time favorite wrestlemania. wrestling was a thing I loved dear as a kid but looking back on it now. Its just not as good as it was imo.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 12th 2012, 12:20 pm

Yea, I've heard a lot of the problem, resulting in why WWE got so toned down is do to Linda McMahon running for running for senate, and now Vince and WWE doesn't want to hurt her image. I suppose it would make sense if true.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Wrestling   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 16th 2012, 4:19 pm

Does anyone like wrestling because I do. My top 3 all time favorite wrestlers are:
1. Eddie Gurrerro
2. The Undertaker
3. Thriple H
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Beast King
Beast King
MulderYuffie

Male Number of posts : 2138
Name : Dylan
Quote : You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 16th 2012, 4:36 pm

no but CM Punk is very VERY hot.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

Male Number of posts : 9232
Quote : The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it.
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 16th 2012, 4:54 pm

Back to top Go down
https://mysticforum.forumotion.com
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 16th 2012, 10:50 pm

Been a fan the past few years now. My top guys are.

- Christian.
- Kane.
- Mark Henry. (Started liking him when he turned heel last year and was injuring people left and right, plowing over entire gangs, getting clean wins over Orton and Sheames, even some near wins over Cena. He was one monster of a world champion. Looks like Big Show is trying to fill the heel role in Henry's absences, but it doesn't seem the same. I still don't give a fuck about Big Show, I have more interest in Super Cena. lol)
Back to top Go down
Nagisa-sama.
Citizen
Citizen
Nagisa-sama.

Female Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 17th 2012, 12:05 am

I also thought CM Punk was hot :p Then he won a belt and I started to like him because of his potential...and his looks... :p

I started to watch wrestling the year Rick Flair left WWE, which was like... in 2009, I think?
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 17th 2012, 12:46 am

Nagisa-sama. wrote:
I also thought CM Punk was hot :p Then he won a belt and I started to like him because of his potential...and his looks... :p

I started to watch wrestling the year Rick Flair left WWE, which was like... in 2009, I think?

When I started watching steady it was in HBK and Undertaker final match where Taker retired HBK. That was late 2010-ish I think.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 29th 2012, 8:22 pm

lol, Kane segment.

Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

Male Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptySeptember 28th 2012, 1:28 am

wow after looking at the post I may be the oldest wrestling fan here. I've been watching since the year 2000
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptySeptember 28th 2012, 1:29 am

carnagevegeta wrote:
wow after looking at the post I may be the oldest wrestling fan here. I've been watching since the year 2000

I used to watch Steve Austin before 2000.
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptySeptember 28th 2012, 1:35 am

Strider Zero wrote:
carnagevegeta wrote:

I used to watch Steve Austin before 2000.

ah nevermind then
Back to top Go down
carnagevegeta
Third of the Ring
Third of the Ring
carnagevegeta

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptySeptember 28th 2012, 1:38 am

though this isn't a wwe thing. I have loved what impact has been doing
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

Male Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyOctober 28th 2012, 7:56 pm

I guess I can talk about my views of WWE right now.

WWE is showing very little efforts for a show that is 3 hours now. We could of have developing storyline, give the mid-carders a chance to rise up (and low carders) and so much opportunity to show itself what WWE should be. Well that extra hour gave them more time for ads and stupid crap like that. I am not surprised that last weeks raw had the lowest rating in 15 years. 15 years ago, they were getting their asses kicked by WCW, which is totally understandable. I guess the presidential debate and Monday night football might effect ratings, but not to this level.

They have a whiny generic heel as our WWE champion, despite the fact that he could SO much better. They have a WHC who is not interesting at all. They have a intercontinental and a US titles with zero storyline. The divas..........well nothings change. The only title I seen change for the better is tag team, the fucking tag team. I like Daniel Bryan and Kane bipolar personalities to create a great tag team, despite the fact they are just 2 single wrestlers, but when the tag team is the only title people give 2 rats ass about, then you have some serious issues.

Cm Punk is rivaling with Ryback, someone who I despised from day 1 and still do. I glad Ryback's push is dieing, because I honestly don't give a damn. Sheamus is fighting Big show, who cares. We have a put together rematch for the intercontinental and divas match with no thought put into them. And the tag team titles with Team Hell No fighting Rhode Scholars, the only fucking match that had close to any storyline development

I can probably guess HITC will the worst PPV of this year.

I probably review it.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyOctober 29th 2012, 9:18 pm

I think it's dumb Punk often gets 2 promo's a night on RAW plus the main event. Punk has no reason to open a show, or pop in half way through. As you said EW, that's more time that could be used for lower/mid-card's.

At HITC the only title to change hands was Sheames losing the WHC to Big Show, which I don't like. Randy Orton, sure. Ziggler, sure. Hell even Wade Barret. But Big Show? Nah, would of been better off if Sheames retained in all honesty.

I'm also very disappointed Miz dropped the IC to Kofi Kingston of all people a few weeks back. Kofi hasn't had a gimmick in years, let alone any relevance at all. The IC title was going so strong for a while. A long reign from Cody Rhodes, before finally losing it to Christian. And even Miz was a good pick to hold it as Christian's mystery opponent at RAW 1000. But Kofi? It's like the title is instantly worthless and back in the crapper again.

The diva's had a good mystery story going until they introduced the wig. The wig ruined the whole thing and it's obvious now Kaitlyn's attacker will turn out to be Eve. Way to ruin a storyline WWE. *slow sarcastic clap*.

As you said EW the US title hasn't meant shit in forever. Why have Cesaro (a non-American heel) even wearing it? Why not have Cesaro trash the US title and revive the European title or something like that. At least make it somewhat interesting.

It's good that the tag teams are actually becoming something. But that may largely be due to Kane. I don't even like Bryan all that much, I don't hate him either, but in the tag matches I'm just waiting for Kane to get the tag and come in and dominate. Funny enough being in the tag team is actually helping Kane's credibility and making him look monstrous as everyone wants to section of Bryan and keep him in their corner. Who cares about Bryan, KANE IS THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! Razz

I still think WWE should of done CM Punk VS Christian for the WWE title when he returned, instead of Christian VS Cody Rhodes for the IC title. Christian had a ganenteed spot at WM storyline wise, and CM Punk took him out and made him miss it. What better setup do you want to start a feud with then that. And as Christian showed in his world title feud with Orton, he can damn well put on the matches for main event if need be. But it was never to come through sadly.

I hear people around the net saying that going 3 hours was the final nail in... I think WCW coffin. That seem to compare WWE to making the same mistake now. I doubt WWE will have many buyers for the WWE Network (if they ever put it up) if things keep going like this.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyDecember 17th 2012, 1:42 am

WWE: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs PPV views.

This event seemed pretty good with some solid matches.

Pre-Show - Diva's Battle royal - Winner Naomi.

The PPV.

- Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) VS Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara for the tag team #1 Contenders spot - Winners, Team Rhodes Scholars.

- R-Truth VS United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro for the U.S Championship - Winner Cesaro.

- Wade Barret VS Intercontinental Champion, Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship - Winner, Kofi Kingston.

- Ryback and Tag Team Champions, Team Hell No (Kane & Daniel Bryan) VS Shield (Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose) in a 3 on 3, pin or submission TLC match. - Winners, Shield.

Note: This was one of the top matches of the night. Shield went in with nobody thinking they had a prayer, with Kane and Ryback on the same team, in the ring at the same time. But Shield beat the odds with team work, double or even triple teaming 1 guy whenever possible.

They ended up taking out Kane and burying him in ruble, this took Kane out of the match. They lead Ryback to the stage where Ryback took out a Shield member by throwing him off a ladder and through a table. However being all the way up on the stage, Ryback was unable to get back to the ring in time to break up a pin on Daniel Bryan.

- 3MB (Jinder Mahal, Drew MyIntire, and Heath Slater) VS Brooklyn Brawler, The Miz, and Alberto Del Rio in a 3 on 3 tag match - Winners, Brooklyn Brawler, The Miz, and Alberto Del Rio.

Note: Earlier in the night during a Miz TV segment, 3MB assaulted the Spanish announce team. This caused Recardo Rodreguise (I'm sure that's spelled wrong lol) to try to break things up. When 3MB turned on him, Del Rio came out to made the save. And when the fight spilled into the ring, that's when Miz got involved and helped Del Rio.

Miz has already had a recent face turn. Could we also be seeing a face turn for Del Rio as well?

- Diva's Champion Eve VS Naomi for the Diva's Championship - Winner Eve.

- World Heavyweight Champion, The Big Show VS Sheames in a chairs match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Winner, The Big Show.

Note: This was probably my let down match of the night. Wasn't really bad, but I expected more with the feud they was having. Big Show pulling out a super sized chair to beat Sheames was entertaining though.

- Mr. Money In The Bank, Dolph Ziggler VS John Cena in a ladder match for Zigglers MITB contract - Winner, Dolph Ziggler.

Note: It was actually a good back and forth match. While both Ziggler and Cena was down, Vicky came out and was going to attack Cena with a chair, but AJ made the save, doing Cena's 5 Knuckle Shuffle on Vicky. Things looked to be going Cena's way and he climbed the later, only to be back stabbed by AJ who pushed the ladder over. Ziggler followed up with a Super Kick to Cena, climbed the latter, and retained his MITB contract.

There was no WWE Championship defense this PPV as current champion CM Punk was injured and unable to compete.

TLC was over all a pretty good watch.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 1:18 pm

Time to get my more modern perspective of WWE for 2013 (though it isn't over, might as well do it)

So let's talk about rivalries right now.

Big Show vs. Randy Orton for the WWE champi...............You know what, fuck it, we'll get to them later.

So right now in little tag team division, we have the Rhode brothers (Cody and Goldust) as champions. I seem to finally get into Cody's character and fuck, I missed Goldust. He is one of the only few wrestler who aged and still can wrestle like he did in the Attitude Era. Problem is who the fuck they are fighting. I know most will say the Shield, but I seen the Real Americans to after them. For me, the Shield should be starting their rivalry with the Wyatt Family, but they could possibly happen after Survivor Series. Sure, the Shield would be basically faces, but personally, I been of kind of waiting for that. Sure, they were fantastic heels, but a face turn could rejuvenate the team and get them kickstart again before a break up.

In our Diva's Division, it's been uh.......nothing. Look, I like AJ lee as their CM Punk of the division (which is kind of funny now that they are basically fucking right now), but when you have the Bellas from that awful Total Divas crap for #1 contenders, you have problem. So nothing has improved since god knows when.

Now for our faithful mid-card champions. Dean Ambrose is still good as US champion. Curtis Axel.......................Yea, he needs to be removed off the Intercontinental champion. I could give two fucks if he was Mr. Perfects bastard child since Dolph Ziggler is more Mr. Perfect than Mr. Perfect's own fucking son. Easy problem, give it to Dolph.

Now for the World Heavyweight Championship. For the first time in years, I personally think that John Cena needs to hold on to a world champion. Why? To get it away from Alberto Del Rio. Though is was the most bullshit thing to see John Cena with one beat Damien Sandow, this might be good of Sandow. He wasn't ready. I think Sandow got his push WAAAAY too early. He needs more time to show himself be a A player, aka WWE, NOT LOSING! It also helps the WHC since John Cena has a lot more credibility. As much I despise the man's character, he gave more life to the WHC than ADR. If they gave Sandow the champion now, he would be no better than ADR. So let's hope that Cena can atleast keep it until Sandow gets it.

Now before we get to the WWE championship, let me say about the Daniel Bryan and Cm Punk vs. Wyatt Family.

Yes, the two internet darlings of the world are back in mid-card. Once both ready to headline main events, now stuck back in the place WWE want them ALL along. They really pushing the small guy, they think they are still in 1985. It's horrible, especially for poor Daniel Bryan. CM Punk got the lucky end, with being champion for 434 days, being the longest champion in 25 fucking years. But Daniel Bryan's two title reigns are less than a day. This is horrible. Daniel Bryan, you most over wrestler in over 5 years, since the whole PG era start, back in mid-cardville. I don't hate the Wyatts, but how the fuck is this going to help anyone.

Now for the WWE championship

Randy Orton vs. Big Show..........

What a fucking disgusting card this is.

This is worse than the Miz and Cena, I shit you not. And we call ALL THANK TRIPLE H.

For years, I thought Triple H, despite his ego, would atleast be a better business man, since he wasn't in any rivalries anymore, so nobody need his depushing powers. I was wrong.

Vince and Triple H's fetish for big, large men is worse than I thought. They are starting the trend to push the big guys again and depush all the little guys. Why? Because ratings.

No one blames WWE's entire quality, nobody blames your fucking WWE champion, Randy Orton. Nope, IT WAS ALL BRYAN'S FAULT. So fuck it, depush him and let the Big show take his spot.

I want to hurl at that. Big Show vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Champion at one of the big 4. I...I can't even describe how bad this is. This will kill ratings. Do you think people gave two fucks when they rival just not over 6 months ago? No.

Oh and great job for building up the Survivor Series match............Oh wait, there isn't one.

So yea, my perspective so far. Not so pretty. But hey, with TNA in the shitters, they will continue to monopolize the whole business. Fucking disgusting.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 2:50 pm

Yea WWE screwed Bryan bad. I was upset a few years ago when it looked like Christian would get a push. Won the WHC from Del Rio, holds it 5 days on record (2 in reality) then loses it to Orton on Smackdown. He has to resort to cheating to win it back only to lose it again a month later.

That was bad but Bryan.... holy mother of fuck did WWE screw poor Bryan.

With the divas I don't mind Brie chasing the title. I actually think Brie is putting forward effort to get better in the ring. She seems quicker and cleaner then Nikki, she's been expanding her move-set as well. For now though Natalya is in the title title. Bella's has taken some losses to Cameron and Naomi lately.

Rumor has it Roman Reigns is the one out of the Shield WWE is planning to break off and push as a face. Although I really want to see Shield VS Wyatt Family before this happens.

Now Corporate Kane.... What in the ever loving fuck is this shit!!!? WWE has officially killed Kane for me. Bring back the monster, then we'll talk WWE. One of the best characters in WWE now down the crapper. Once Kane took the mask off again I was literally thinking "well Kane's fucked".

Honestly if anyone would take the title off Axel, I want it to be R-Truth. Ziggler is not in the best of graces with WWE, and Truth really should of been world champ in his crazy man, conspiracy run a few years back. Truth is a good worker all around. Good in the ring, funny with his character, can pass as a badass yet still comical heel if needed. He deserves to be upper-midcard/semi-main eventer. Not a mid-card jobber. WWE SERIOUSLY mistreats him.

I agree Cena holding the World title was a good move on WWE's part. I also agree Sandow was pushed to soon. I agree again it's cool seeing Goldust.

Orton VS Show I don't have much opinion on other then Bryan should be WWE champ.
Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 6:01 pm

How often do they utilize the women wrestlers? That's probably the only thing I want to see now XD. Maybe other than anything with the Rock.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 6:44 pm

Better than last year, that's for damn sure Strider. But I missed the days when Women were hot and can pull good matches.

For Corporate Kane, I'll be honest, I love it. It's basically like when Undertaker was the American badass. It fits Kane since he is an actually government type person. Both turn from monsters to real life people. The way they did for Kane is too quick for me, but he could work, maybe help Bryan (like a story twist, now that would be awesome). We'll see.

R-Truth seems to be with Ryback a lot, a man I despised since day one. Ryback is over. When Paul Heymen can't even help you, your career is fucked.

Back to top Go down
Strider Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Strider Zero

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 6:49 pm

So they're either not hot and/or can't pull off a good match? I don't remember many of the old matches. As a kid, I was obviously more interested in seeing Steve Austin deck someone.
Back to top Go down
????
Top of the Ring
Top of the Ring

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 EmptyNovember 16th 2013, 7:17 pm

Some of them are hot, some are not so. Fighting seems to be better, but no were near par with those of the old diva's division like Trish, Lita, Victoria, hell, even Mickie James, Melina weren't too bad either. I heard that everyone wants this Paige person, but we'll see won't we.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)   WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next