The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World at war.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

World at war. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyNovember 20th 2012, 10:38 pm

The guard lets Sandra through. Zeik waves her over to the sparring area and she comes.

Zeik: First, we will test both your and Reina's endurance. Come this way.

Zeik leads the group over to the large boulders.

Zeik: Sandra, you get on that side and Reina will get on the other side.

Reina goes to her side and Serena marks where the boulder started.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyNovember 20th 2012, 11:16 pm

Sandra gets in her position as well, but not quite sure what she should be ready for.

Sandra: So we're on two sides of a big rock with a line drawn at it's start point. I assume we have to move it in some way, but other then that I have no idea what we're doing yet.

Sandra was never involved in these types of set up training courses before, all she could do was wait for directions and do her best.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 1:49 am

Zeik: Using your powers, you two are going to push on the boulder, making it move. Once the boulders reach the line or you are too tired to continue, we will stop. However, I can tell if you are really too tired or if you still have energy.

Serena marks the other lines.

Serena: Are you ready?
Reina: Yes.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 2:16 am

Sandra: Definitely.

A challenge based on powers. She wasn't sure if she was able to hang with the others in regards to physical status. After all they was all trained to fight and such, but maybe this could be one challenge where she could play with the top dogs. Only question she had was how heavy these boulders was and how much energy she'd have to expel to move them.

Sandra: I guess I just gotta go for it then.

Sandra and Reina waits for Zeik's call and then using her telekinesis Sandra starts pushing on the boulder.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 2:40 am

Reina closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. When she opens them, her eyes are glowing a golden color and she has her hands out. The boulder stops moving towards her and slowly accelerates towards Sandra.

-----

Victor: You know some people have the most random powers. Maybe there is a guy that can manipulate our dreams.
Bobby: Hmmm....that sounds plausible. I have never heard of such a person.
Victor: Well I haven't either but we had the same dream which is too creepy.
Bobby: True. Anyway, are you up for doing the plan tonight?
Victor: Yes.

The guard walks by them.

Guard: What plan?
Victor: I made a makeshift chess set. We want to keep our minds occupied.
Guard: Oh alright.

The guard leaves them.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 3:00 am

Sandra knew Reina would be a strong force in this type of challenge, after all earth manipulation seemed obvious to be idea for moving a earth related object. But Sandra wasn't about to be done in so soon. Taking advantage of something she can't really do in a combat situation, she relaxes her mind, blocking out her surrounding. She raises her left arm, which does nothing for her power itself, but simply hand gestures has always seemed to help her focus better. She focused only on her target, the boulder, and brought it to a stop.

With her mind and telekinesis focused on only one thing, one goal. Sandra overcomes Reina's current power output and starts pushing the bolder back her way once more.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 3:06 am

Reina changes her body position, putting her right leg strait behind her left leg as a brace and bending the left knee at a 90 degree angle. With this, she stretches out her arms towards the boulder and it instantly comes to a stop then slowly starts to roll the other way. Unlike Sandra, changing her body position gave Reina a visible boost in power.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 3:22 am

Sandra: I won't lose.

Paying no attention to any outside interference, sounds etc. Sandra started looking at the bolder as not just a training exercise, but a incoming enemy attack. She felt she dad to stop it at all costs. The stress becomes more physical on her face, the effort she's putting in to summon more power. A look of determination, maybe even slightly anger, Sandra pushes her powers up another notch again bring the boulder to a stop. And slowly, she once again starts taking control.

Zeik could see that she clearly knew what to do to bring out the best of her abilities. Now it's to see how long she could go.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 3:31 am

To everybody's surprise, the boulder simply stops in place. Serena looks over towards Reina and sees her clinching (pretty much like grinding them but without the motion lol) her teeth together to focus harder.

Serena: This is more even than I expected. Reina can last a long time like this but I don't know about Sandra.
Zeik: I think I know who will win this one.
Serena: Me too. She (referring to Reina) isn't done yet.
Zeik: Well we will reveal if we are right at the end.
Serena: Right.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 3:48 am

Sandra was indeed using a lot of energy at point, herself and Reina seemingly at a stand still for the moment. Tough Sandra seems intent on not letting up and keeps pushing as hard as possible. Considering how using high levels of energy drained her before, the others started wondering if she'll keep pushing till the point where she might just collapse and pass out.

With the bandits Sandra was fine using her power in small, controlled dozes, but when she went big... She did show to still have some reserve afterwards, but basing off that battle Serena and Zeik are thinking Sandra can't be able to go that much further at this level of intensity.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 3:56 am

Reina realizes that just stopping the boulder won't work as Sandra clearly isn't getting tired as fast as she thought. To the surprise of Zeik and Sandra, the ground around Reina's feet starts to crack as she puts even more energy into it. The boulder starts to roll towards Sandra, slowly getting faster. Reina is clearly testing Sandra here, as she wants to see Sandra's limit.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 4:19 am

Sandra had started get fatigued, but she was just so focused on the task at hand that she's been pretty well ignoring it and not letting on. She just kept digging. She looking at the boulder as something she most at all cost stop, like life or death situation. Sandra gives it one final push, letting everything out. The boulder seems to slow it's approach, lose pebbles around Sandra's area seems to start to hover slightly.

Sandra herself had never pushed herself this hard. She slows the boulders decent slowly till it stops. But before much longer Sandra hits the point of no return. Her powers are the first to fail her as the boulder ones again shoots forward, now completely in Reina's control. Sandra can't even think of moving out of the way. She falls to her knees on the spot, and falls forward collapsing to the ground.

That final push had done it, Sandra had taken it to the absolute max and exhausted every possible ouch of energy she could, not letting up till the very end.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 4:25 am

The boulder simply stops after Sandra lets go, as Reina stopped it. Reina closes her eyes again and they are back to normal when she opens them. However, she is breathing heavy.

Serena: Did you guess correctly?
Zeik: Yes. I assume you did too.
Serena: Yes.

Zeik simply walks over to Sandra and picks her up. He carries her into a small building and lays her down on a pile of hay, with Serena and Reina taking their time following him.

Serena: Now we know the extent of Sandra's power.
Reina: Yes...but...she...is...powerful.
Serena: Right. You can get some rest in the building.

They make it to the building and Reina sits on a bale of hay to rest.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 1st 2012, 4:48 am

It takes quite some time for Sandra to rest up. They started in the morning and it's hours later in the late afternoon before she comes to finding herself on a hay pile. She finds herself to still be a little sore all over, a after effect of completely depleting herself and pushing well past what she previously thought was her limits.

At this point Reina is already up. Sandra picks herself up to a vertical base, and makes her way out of the building, looking for the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 2:24 pm

Reina and Zeik are seen standing in a sparring circle. Serena is on the outside, acting as the judge.

Serena: No powers, no weapons. First one to forfeit, touch the outside of the circle, or have a body part other than hands and feet touch the ground loses.
Zeik: Good luck.
Reina: You too.
Serena: Ready....set...go!

Reina takes a defensive stance while Zeik moves towards her. Zeik goes for a leg sweep but Reina jumps over it. Reina then counters with a high kick with hits Zeik and knocks him back for a second. Zeik gives Reina a karate chop to the side then punches her in the chest which knocks her back. However, Reina shows balance she learned with stealth and turns it into flipping backwards with a handstand. She barely lands in the ring.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 5:20 pm

Sandra makes her way over to Serena as Ziek and Reina continued on.

Sandra: So it`s sparring next.

Sandra was a little disappointed at the last outcome. It was just unsettling that even if her life depended on it, and giving it 110% that she now know for sure that she could still fail. However, it just gave her more reason to now try harder and try to better control her abilities.

Sandra: So how`d I do in the last test. I know Reina beat me, but that`s about it. I wasn't focused on anything else. Did I manage to hit, or succeed expectations. Or do I have a lot of work ahead of me?

It was true, she had no idea if she had impressed anyone or not. The only one she knew for sure she impressed was herself, but had no idea what the others had thought.

Meanwhile we see Tesla in a city hall building, there is a few guards around. Without any word one of the guards motions Tesla to follow and leads her into a back office. The guard stops and motions for Tesla to go though the door. Inside is a older man in his early 40's setting at a desk.

https://mysticforum.forumotion.com/viewimage.forum?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdetarame.files.wordpress.com%2F2008%2F12%2Ftytania7-4.jpg

...: You must be miss Nova. It's about time I sent a agent after you that you didn't kill.
Tesla: Your soldiers are untrained and their decision making was poor. Their own poor choice of wording and action lead to their deaths.
...: Well at least I know you can handle yourself. My name is Adrien Carson.

Carson stands and offers his hand, Tesla shakes his hand.

Tesla: Tesla Nova. So, what is it you want?
Carson: No small talk?
Tesla: No. What do you want, and what will you offer me?

Carson sits back down.

Carson: What I want is for you to join me, at least for a while. I have a mission that having a fresh face could help with with, someone unknown to the other side who could move around and wait for the right time to strike. As for what I offer you, when my mission is done, I'll be able to offer your anything.
Tesla: Anything huh. And what is this "mission" of yours?
Carson: Phase one is to capture the lead members of the Evo's. We already have Victor Lagshire, so the other top members are Zeik Rush and their most senior member Serena Lowe. I want them alive.

Tesla makes herself comfortable and takes a seat.

Tesla: Why alive? I could kill them both and have them out of your hair.
Carson: If we kill them, the Evo's will rebel. Having them alive gives me a bargaining chip, and control. Then we can start phase two.
Tesla: Which is?

Carson leans back in his seat, in thought for a moment.

Carson: Phase two is war. Look, it's become clear over the past few years that the humans don't like us, they fear us, what we can do. They will eventually strike us down, but I want to beat them to the punch. I don't have the man power now, but when I get the evo's under my control, it should be enough. We'll invade the human nation, take out their leaders, take out their soldiers, and take control.
Tesla: So you want control of the world... what's left of it.
Carson: To secure that our kind continue to exist, yes.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 1:38 am

Serena: They decided to spar to pass the time quicker. Next for you will be weapon training.

Reina runs up to Zeik and gives him a quick kick to the side. She then ducks under one of his counter-punches and goes with a leg sweep. Zeik jumps over it and karate chops Reina, causing here to grab her side in pain. Then he simply grabs her and body slams her to the ground.

Zeik: Better than I expected. Remember not to let your guard down.
Reina: Right.

Zeik helps Reina get up. They head over to Serena and Sandra.

Zeik: Sparring after you used your energy would be cruel. You will go with some weapon training. Try every weapon from the chest and pick the one that feels the most natural.

In the chest there is virtually every weapon you can think of that doesn't involve being too advanced.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 2:10 am

Sandra went to the chest and started looking though what was there. She noticed quickly that heavier weapons like a long sword or spear didn't feel good to her, she seemed to lean towards lighter weapons. She already realized that a weapon such as a dagger or knife would require she get up close though, however it's what she felt best wielding. She pulls out a straight blade, pretty plain looking dagger.

http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/SH2364-1000.jpg

She knew she could always fancy it up later if she wanted more style. But as a starting weapon, this should do.

Sandra: I don't think the heavier weapons is for me. This seems lighter and more mobile.

Carson and Tesla spoke back and forth a while more, and he managed to strike a firm deal with her after a while.

Carson: Good to finally have you on board then.
Tesla: So you know, if you don't fill your end of the deal, it better be because your dead. If not, I'll kill you myself, and I'll make it painful.
Carson: Your a confident one.
Tesla: I have good reason to be.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 5:27 am

The guard who asked about Zeik's plan walks back to their cell. In the light, it is revealed to be Dean Winchester. He looks annoyed and is tapping his foot.

Dean: Where is she? She is always late.
Bobby: Maybe she is out capturing more people that got framed.
Dean: I don't care about what happened to you. Just shut up about it.
Bobby: Grr...fine.
Dean: That's better

-------

Meanwhile "Cat" walks into Adrien's office.

"Cat": You wanted to talk to me?

"Cat" knew she was late for her shift but she didn't care. Adrien wanted to talk to her ASAP so she figured Dean could wait. She also didn't care about Adrien clearly having a visitor in Tesla, as she pushed past the guards to get in without stating her business.

-------

Zeik: Alright, you have your weapon. Daggers are harder to use than most other weapons due to the short range.

Zeik draws his sword.

Zeik: I won't attack you. Just try to break my defense. However no powers.

Zeik prepares to parry or block any attack Sandra does.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 7:40 pm

Sandra: I realize the draw backs of a close range weapon, but I figure a heavy blade would be to cumbersome and slow due to the added weight. I noticed the same thing when I was carrying the shield in the bandit battle, it was like I could barely keep up. So I came to the conclusion I should practice with a more lightweight weapon.

Sandra prepares herself and runs towards Ziek. She clashes with Ziek's blade, swinging from varying angles. However Ziek's experience allows him to block and parry easily, he can tell quickly Sandra's swings are rather wild, and she's had little to any weapon training. He also picks up on why Sandra chose a light weapon, her clashes don't seem to have to much force or impact behind them. Clearly she wasn't to strong physically, maybe your average female, give or take a little. One upside Ziek did notice was Sandra seemed a bit quick on her feet, and while her clashes where wild, they was quick as well.

Carson: Ah Cat, good to see you. So I've heard you knows this women sitting across from me, correct? (Tesla)
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 7:57 pm

Cat takes a look at Tesla.

Cat: Yes, I worked with her before. She needed some help taking down a big corporation to make a profit. Obviously one person cannot be in two places at once, as Tesla took the boss I took care of his security forces.

-----

Zeik: Your attacks have very little power. You are quick but a dagger isn't the best choice of a main weapon for you. I would suggest working on a short bow too, as it will provide some strikes with power. Then the dagger can be a surprise.

----

Dean: And now she is at least 2 hours late, again. I really need to get something to eat and drink too.
Victor: You know, you don't look like a bad guy. Why don't you actually help people?
Dean: I got tricked before, now I only look after myself. So pretty much it's none of your business.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 8:10 pm

Carson: So you two work well together?
Tesla: We got the job done. Look, short story Cat, Carson here have brought me on to the team to help capture the remaining leader of the Victor's gang, Evo's, whatever it is they call themselves. Since your the only one I know, if you want to come and assist you can. I'll be leaving early to scope the place out and get some information. If you agree I'll expect you in a few days time.
Carson: We have two targets, and are not fully sure what complications could arise. So I suggested she take a partner.

Sandra: A bow? Well alright, I'm up for it. I guess that would be Reina's category right?
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 8:31 pm

Cat: Who are the targets, and what is the exact mission? This could be pretty fun.

Cat gets an evil-looking smile on her face as she says the last sentence.

---

Zeik: Yes but you and Serena are done for today. You can have tomorrow off, along with you Serena. I arranged for special guests to work with me and Reina for the rest of today and for tomorrow.
Serena: Right. Sandra, we will be guarding the village tomorrow. If somebody suspicious comes, we will either handle it or I'll send you to get Zeik. Are you ready to go, Sandra?
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 8:45 pm

Carson: Zeik Rush and Serena Lowe are the primary objectives at this time. I want to take down the leaders and seize control of their forces. So, you game?

Sandra: Yea, sure. Can I take the dagger though, I'd like to practice with it while I wait for Reina to get freed up. After all a surprise weapon isn't much good if I can't use it.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 EmptyDecember 13th 2012, 9:02 pm

Zeik: You will learn bows in 2 days so feel free to practice with the dagger.

Serena leads Sandra out of the training grounds. When they are long gone, Zeik and Reina head into the building Sandra rested in.

Zeik: Alright I arranged a 2-on-2 spar between us and the brothers, powers allowed. KO means you are out of the spar, I will be using a blunt sword instead of my regular one to prevent major injury.
Reina: Interesting. Why did you choose me?
Zeik: I chose you after our spar. I planned on having my partner be Sandra but you showed more promise for that kind of a situation.
Reina: Alright. Now we will wait for them
Zeik: Right. Also I will allow you and Strider to choose different weapons, as he didn't bring one and arrows will be inefficient. However, you will choose first from these ones in here to prevent a counter-pick.

Zeik leads Reina to a chest identical to the one Sandra got the dagger from. After feeling the size and weight of the weapons, Reina decides on a fighting pole.

----

Cat: Do you want them hurt, dead, unharmed, or what? And of course I'm in, it's better than sitting around the jail all day. Dean will just have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World at war.   World at war. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

World at war.
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next