The Mystic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where you can hang out and talk about almost anything!

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evolution.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

Male Number of posts : 4865
Name : Justin Lynch.
Quote : I needed one of these?
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Evolution. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 1st 2015, 12:13 am

Katie continues to practice. She realized that in order to really use her powers to the max she needs to refine her control of her power. Once she does that she can go beyond just a sword, she'll be able to make various different weapons.
Back to top Go down
http://magadiscussion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

Male Number of posts : 507
Quote : Mugen Kugi Punch!!!!- Toriko
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 1st 2015, 5:55 pm

A very drunk Zaria is seen walking down the road when a truck comes through. Driver days,"hey you get off the road before you get hurt." Zaria responds, "you shut the fuck up I'm walking here." Zaria then passes out drunk. The driver stops, "I can't just leave her here. I will take her with me to the next town." He puts Zaria in the passenger side of the truck and he drives off.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

Male Number of posts : 2832
Quote : Of course! We were destined to meet here! It is fate!
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 1st 2015, 7:10 pm

The concert is long over. A man approaches Hannah, back in the street clothes, on her way out.

"You need more power" is all the man says, before walking away, not letting Hannah get a word in. The band, plus her, head to their homes (except Hannah staying with the leader of the band), to rest up and prepare for the next 2 concerts over the next 2 days.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 1st 2015, 11:00 pm

As Katie practices she hears a ever so slight whisper of something off in the distance. Curious she tracks the sound back towards the cabin. The closer she gets the more she can hear voices. She walks around to the side of the cabin where she dropped her communication equipment, by the window. The gear still had battery and was broadcasting, that meant there was a person or people within range. Katie was surprised this gear was still functioning, but really there hadn't been any rain the past week, it's been rather nice and dry. So it would work for however long the batteries held.

Katie listens in, seems there was a second squad making a move on the cabin, this time Katie found herself on the target list, labelled a traitor of the nation. "A second squad and I'm all alone. Looks like it's time to see how much my training has paid off".
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 1:30 am

Zaria wakes up. She tries to get her barrings. It's then that she realizes that she is in a truck. She quickly pulls out her sword and puts it to the driver's neck. "Where am I?" The driver responds,"You are in my truck. You passed out on the road, and I'm taking you to the next town. There you can find what you need to go where you need to go. Now can you please remove your sword from my neck."

Zaria responds,"I'll be asking the questions here. Now where are you headed to with this shipment?" The driver responds, "I have to take it to port in D.C." Zaria has an evil smile on her face, and then she puts her sword down. She looks around the cabin of the truck and some things catch her eyes. "I notice that you have been raided a few times in the past." The driver responds, "What would make you say that?" Zaria answers with, "Your truck looks a little beat up. Also as someone who isn't home very much, you don't seem to be carrying any personal items. Finally, I can tell that you have recently recovered from some major injuries. So I ask, what are you hauling and why would someone want to steal it?"

The driver contemplates his answer. "I am hauling some raw materials that are to be shipped over seas. As for who would want them, The Gifted Mafia." With which Zaria says,"The who?" The driver explains, "They are a group of gifted that go around stealing stuff all mafia style and sells it to the highest bidder. I heard that they have aligned themselves with some really connected people, and are planning something big." This confuses Zaria. "How could you have heard such things?" The driver responds, "I travel all over the country and I have met many people. Occasionally they tell some wild stories."

Zaria says, "So gifted with high connects. I have a favor to ask. You see I was actually trying to get to D.C., so I would appreciate the ride." "I can't do that." The drivers exclaims. Zaria holds her sword to his neck again. "Ok, just don't kill me. I have a wife and two kids at home to support." Zaria puts her sword down, "Don't worry I won't kill you. I only kill those who are useless or get in my way. Besides, I can help you protect your cargo on the trip there." The driver responds, "OK, but I must warn you that fighting gifted can be really dangerous even for those skilled in combat." Zarai responds with an evil grin, "Oh, I know."
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 2:36 am

"Katie heads inside the cabin, her container is full of water but to take out everybody she'd have to lead them back to the training grounds. Katie pulled up a chair and sat dead center in the middle of the living room. Before long with see soldiers coming, they spread out to surround the cabin. Through the winders they can see Katie."

Soldier 1: Contact made with Blue. Others are nowhere to be seen.

Two soldiers initially enter, one enters through the front door another the rear. Katie isn't registered a big threat in their files to the rest remain outside. The soldiers that enter aim their weapons.

Soldier 1: Alright Miss Holmes, you know the deal. You are coming with us under charges of treason and harboring fugitives. We know #3 and 6 are with you, where are they?
Katie: Thing about that is, I don't know. And even if I did, I wouldn't be inclined to tell you.
Soldier 1: Have it your way. Get up, move.

Katie stands and Soldier 1 approaches to cuff her. Katie quickly reverses his attempt twisting his arm behind him, she spawns a shard of ice stabbing soldier 1 in the chest. Soldier 2 shoots but Katie uses soldier 1 as a body shield and uses soldier 1 gun to shoot soldier 2, leaving both dead. A third soldier opens the door to enter the cabin only to suffer the same fate as soldier 1, getting stabbed in the chest with a ice shard. Katie uses the last of her water to form a shield like the shape of a riot shield and darts across the opening to the treeline. A good dozen soldiers shoot at her hitting the shield then take off in hot pursuit as Katie gets into the trees.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 2:39 pm

Zaria and the truck driver have driven all night and now it's morning. They stop at a diner to get breakfast.

Driver: So can I ask you something?
Zaria: What is it?
Driver: Why are you going to D.C.?
Zaria: I'm going in order to find some people.
Driver: Can I ask who?
Zaria: No! But tell me why would you risk delivering such stuff if it meant being attacked by gifted?
Driver: Well my wife has been out of work for a while now and thanks to the last raid I was out for a while so money has been tight. If I don't make this delivery, then we will lose my house. I can't let my kids live on the streets.

This makes the usually cold side of Zaria feel sad. She starts thinking about how much she had to suffer while living on the streets.
Zaria: Don't worry, I will make sure that this delivery is successful.
Driver: Thanks!
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 3:21 pm

In the trees we see Katie ducked out of sight. She seems to have taken some scraps and small cuts as some bullets had broken through the ice shield. "Seems making denser ice is something I need to work on." The shield had worked enough to protect Katie from any big injuries that would slow her down, so it was somewhat successful for a first attempt. Katie moved through the rest of the wooded area coming out on the sandy part of the training ground then walked over to the pond. She purposely walked rather then ran wanting the soldiers to spot her location, which they did. "And let the games begin". Katie dived into the pond as the soldiers ran her way, guns raised. They started shooting into the water.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 4:59 pm

The two walk out of the diner and head towards the truck.

Zaria: I don't think that you should be driving. You haven't slept in over 24 hours.
Driver: I'm fine, besides we are almost to D.C. and the delivery is due by tonight.
Zaria: Fine, but if I see any snoozing, then I will make you pull over so that I can knock you the fuck out. Then I will drive.
Driver: I guess that's fair, but do you even know how to drive?
Zaria: No, but it can't be that hard.

They get in the truck and continue to drive down the road.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 5:21 pm

Katie is at the bottom of pond, it's deep enough that the soldiers above are just firing blindly into the water. Water swirls into a ball in front of Katie right and left hands and turns to ice about the size of a hail chunk. The soldiers stop firing to reload, there was no blood so they figure they must have missed. Suddenly a ball of ice sores up out of the water hitting a soldier in the jaw and knocking him out. Others try to aim into the water and fire but get knocked out by ice as well. They quickly learn and back away from the ponds edge. When they do Katie raises from the water on a ice disc. Soldiers open fire as Katie pulls up a column of ice around her, this time managing to block all the gunfire. When the soldiers weapons are spent again Katie lowers the ice into the water.

"Alright, lets get creative."

Katie cover the tips of her fingers with ice, forming what resembles claws and charges the soldiers as they try to reload.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 5:51 pm

Hannah and the band would be at the next concert, Hannah in the same street clothes. She does recognize the man from before in the crowd, and gets an uneasy feeling but keeps her cool.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 7:01 pm

After about an hour, the first signs for D.C. comes up. They get off at the exit. The road takes them through some farm country. Something hits the truck causing it to fall over.
Zaria: Are you dead?
Driver: No, but this must be them.

She breaks open the cabin and helps the driver escape. She looks around to see where the projectile came from. A group of men show up in black suits.
Zaria: I guess That you guys are the Gifted Mafia.
Grunt 1: You would be correct. Now hand over the cargo of this truck.
Grunt 2: We wouldn't want to hurt you.
Zaria: I am so scared.

She pulls out her sword. The men start to laugh.
Grunt 3: I can't believe it. That idiot driver actually got himself a body guard. I guess we scared him good last time because he became so desperate that he hired a woman to fight his battles for him.

Grunt 1 walks up to Zaria.
Grunt 1: You see honey that we have powers that can cause you tons of pain. So before you get hurt baby-cakes, put that sword down and walk away.
That comment enrages Zaria. She knees him in the balls. He falls to the ground.
Zaria: You guys are going to wish that you would have never come here.
She dons her trademark evil smile.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 7:56 pm

Back at the cabin a hour into the fight things are raging, gunfire and screams are heard. Katie had dispatcher the inital group quickly but more soldiers came, what seemed like swarm after swarm of armored men and women. But what else could you expect, these people was expecting Hannah at least, and maybe Zaria as well as Katie herself. Using ice attacks, various ice weapons like shields, swords, claws and spikes, combat with Zaria's teaching Katie found herself holding her own again the ground troops.

But now Katie was in retreat, just as Katie felt in control the heavy artillery had arrived. While the ground was to rough for any mounted guns a tank had broken through the brush to reach the battle. It took a shot at Katie and missed, well, not entirely.

Katie was back into the forest, it was the nearest cover to her at the time. Katie left shoulder seemed to be pretty banged up and bleeding, though Katie had bandaged it. The ground troops was starting to thin but unless Katie could take that tank, this battle was over. She thought about running away, but no, it was time. If Katie didn't make her stance now they would be after her all the time. Katie had to take the tank in order to take the remaining soldiers, but there was no possible way she was getting through that much armor. There was however one thing she could do, and it's the only thing she could think of. This fails it's likely she's dead. Katie plan, block up the exhaust with ice. That's all she had.

If she could do this and still drive back the final wave of soldiers, Katie thinks they'll second guess their plans and pull back. Of course next time they might send gifted, but at least Katie would have won this round.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 2nd 2015, 9:43 pm

Grunt 2: Let's make this quick!
He speeds forward. Zaria only loses track of him for a second. He tries to punch her with a super fast punch, but Zaria is able to block it.
Grunt 2: How's this possible? I'm a gifted and she's not.
Grunt 3: I got this!
He uses some sort of concussive wave to push Zaria back. This leaves her open for the other one to hit her into the truck.
Grunt 2: Nice one!
They high five. Just then, Zaria breaks free from the truck. This surprises the pair.
Grunt 3: I get it now, she must be a gifted.
Grunt 2: In fact, now that you mention it, doesn't she look familiar?
The pair take a good look at her. Zaria starts to surround herself with a dark aura. The pair suddenly recognize her and their faces becomes riddled with shear terror.
Grunt 3: You're the Shadow Kunoichi!
Grunt 2: What's the third most dangerous gifted doing out in these parts?
Zaria: Apparently, about to kill some mother fucking idiots that don't know how to respect their superiors.
The entire area becomes cloaked in shadows. Then blood curdling screams are heard which are followed by deafening silence. The shadows disappear and we can she the mangled bodies of the pair. Zaria walks over to the driver to check on him, but he is in horror at the sight of Zaria.
Driver: Go away! Stay back!
Zaria: Hey, I just saved your life and your livelihood. The least you can do is thank me, you son of a bitch.
Driver: I'm sorry. It's just that you never told me that you were a gifted and a very dangerous one at that. What could you possibly want in D.C.?
Zaria: You are in luck today! I like you so as a token our friendship I will not get you involved in my problems. I will help you make this delivery and then I will go after this gifted mafia on your behalf.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 1:21 am

"Alright, now or never!"

Katie makes her move exiting the cover of the forest. She brings up a ice shield to block bullets while creating a ice sword in her free hand to slash enemies. She knows she has to keep moving and stay close to soldiers if she wish not to get blasted to bits by the tank. Katie starts pushing and louring soldiers where she wanted them, which was towards the tank. By keeping soldiers near her it didn't give the tank operator a chance to fire without killing his own men. Katie realized this before making her move and it seemed to be working.

Using this tactic Katie is able to get close enough to climb the tank and just as planned freeze the exhaust. This cause the engine to get choked and die. With no worries of getting blasted or having the cannon swing into her, Katie is able to freeze and break the latch to hatch and get the people inside.

The fighting doesn't last long after that, the soldiers realize they are in a losing situation and retreat from battle. Cut up, bumped up, and a hurt shoulder Katie makes her way back to the cabin after the fighting finally ended and the soldiers pulled out. She flopped down on the couch and immediately feel asleep, just completely exhausted and sore. Katie found she deserved a good rest.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 2:59 pm

Zaria uses her shadows to give her a big strength boost so she could get the truck back upright. She grabs the grunt that she knocked out and brought him along on their way to the delivery site. Once the delivery was safely made she said her goodbyes. Then she brought the grunt to a motel room where she tied him. After a few more hours her finally wakes up.

Grunt 1: Where am I? How did I get here? Where are the others?
Zaria: In due time, but first your going to answer some questions for me.
Grunt 1: I'll never talk!
Zaria: Oh you will in time.
She pulls out one of her kunai.
Zaria: Shall we begin.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 3:31 pm

Katie woke up some hours after the battle ended and sent went to sleep. She was jolted awake when rolling off the couch she fell asleep on. "Goddamnit!!" she shouted, this seemed to be a far to common occurrence. Katy picked herself up and stretched, getting reminded of her shoulder. Nothing was broke, but there was a decent gash that stretching out didn't help.

Katie rest to the bedroom and got the maid outfit, her current cloth was dirty and tore up so she needed a change. She then went to the bathroom to clean up, change her makeshift bandages, and change her clothing.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 6:33 pm

Hannah and the band start to leave after the concert, it going exactly the same as the last one. That man, who is clearly now a teenage boy, speaks again. "Your friend is in danger" is what he says. This time, Hannah grabs his shoulder. "What do you want?" She asks. "To help you. I already am." Is his reply.

This confuses Hannah and the boy explains. "I'm supposed to take you out... but we both know I cannot do that. You're only number six because you refuse to hurt other gifted, yet if your life depended on it, you could kill me in a matter of seconds. Let's just say that... knowing the truth behind your band has given me respect for you. I might be number 4, but you are far more deserving. And I kept the attack squad going after your cabin from being full force by sending half of it into vampire territory."

"H-how do you know all that? And how did you find me? " Hannah asks the strange boy.

"Knowledge is power. But... it only goes so far. Figure out the riddle and you will have a powerful ally." The boy says before walking backwards across the street and disappearing into a dark ally. A bus went by right after he got out of that lane, honking it's horn. He was either really lucky, or knew what was going to happen. Hannah didn't pick up on it, however.

"I'm going to check on a friend after we get to your place. I won't miss tomorrow" Hannah says as she gets in the car. She was already set to head to the cabin, it would be about an hour before she got there.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 7:22 pm

The grunt is all bloody and beaten. He seems to be knocked out.
Zaria: I told you that you would tell me everything that I needed. I should probably send a message to Katie. Good thing I'm in a motel because I won't be able to move and will be very vulnerable while I send the message.

Zaria sits on the bed Indian style and begins to concentrate. The dark aura begins to emerge. It breaks away from Zaria and leaves the room. We see it heading off back to the cabin.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 8:38 pm

Katie is changed and cleaned up at this point. She heads into the living room and sits on a chair. "I wonder where Hannah and Zaria is? Zaria did mention Hannah had stuff to take care of, but Zaria seemed to just disappear. Maybe this is part of my training? Then again I doubt whatever plan she had included sending a army after me... I hope."

Katie was a bit unsure what to do, does she stay and hold down the fort. The soldiers had backed off for now, but how long till they return, and possibly with gifted of their own. Katie wasn't sure she could survive another wave of attacks. On the other hand she could leave, the coast was clear at the moment but it would be harder to regroup with the others.
Back to top Go down
donitaly92
Second of the Ring
Second of the Ring
donitaly92

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 8:58 pm

We see the shadow is moving at great speed. In fact, it has already made it to the outskirts of the forest.
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 9:18 pm

Hannah has made it to the cabin by now, having a shorter trip than the shadow. She enters, no maid outfit since it's still in the city, her hair still down
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 11:54 pm

Katie was getting some things picked up around the cabin encase she needed to make a quick exit when she seen Hannah come in. At first she didn't recognize but she was able to tell when seeing Hannah face. "Oh hey Hannah. That's a different look, I almost didn't recognize you."
Back to top Go down
Sain
Sain

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 12:02 am

"It's called a disguise" she says with a chuckle "Base has been compromised, we move out now and come back tomorrow for supplies... and are you hurt?"

Hannah knew more than she let on.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Beast King
Beast King
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 12:35 am

"I had guessed as much, I just finished fighting a wave of soldiers a few hours ago. As for being hurt, mostly minor bumps and scrapes. Although debris from a cannon blast did cut into my right shoulder pretty deep. Don't seem like nothing is broken, I can move around my arm fine. But I do have to change bandages regularly." Besides that one bad hit Katie was otherwise relatively fine.

Katie felt kinda guilty. She was the one that forgot to make sure her equipment was turned off and/or destroyed, and that's most likely how they tracked down the cabin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution.   Evolution. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution.
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next